Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Morbid Angel Song posted...

Go down 
+15
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
holydiver97595
Temple of Blood
Nico
Troublezone
Alex Dee Rokket
Joe
manny
Gilbert
mc666
Lurideath
krokus
Wargod
SlaytanicPOWER
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

New Morbid Angel Song posted... Empty
PostSubject: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:36 pm

The new album still looks like it'll be released 6/7 June.

This stuff is primo Morbid Angel material we're talkin here! Dave sounds GREAT! Awesome riffing from Trey. The usual precision drumming from Pete.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:40 pm

You know I'm not a fan of this style of metal but the package they are offering looks great and was thinking of buying it just to have it.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm

I am so happy DAVE VINCENT is back. this is a good song but NEVERMORE is even better. They already played that song last year at the GODS OF METAL festival:
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:38 pm

It's not Pete drumming on this. It's Tim Yeung. I am not sure if I like it yet or not.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Lurideath wrote:
It's not Pete drumming on this. It's Tim Yeung. I am not sure if I like it yet or not.

Small oversight, I assumed it was Pete.

Drums still sounds like M-A, just the more that I listened to it it sounded like something was missing... i guess now I know.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:33 pm

i've seen some bad press over this album, but what i've heard so far doesn't sound much different from what they've always done. more of the same would be just fine with me.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Not my favourite metal style, but quite good headbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Love Morbid Angel and I am looking forward to the album, I heard a song or two that had some very different elements but IMO it was just a different mix then what will appear on the album.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Those songs sound great! Even with the bad press, I was getting the album anyway. Let's hope the majority of songs sound like this!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:48 am

I heard several songs that have been posted from this album and to me this sounds like a decent album so far - a combination between Covenant, Domination and Gateways to Annihilation.

My gravest concern was that it would sound like Heretic, which by all accounts both personal and from the press was a horrible release for Morbid Angel. In a way, I feel sorry for Pete Sandoval because he is missing from what is essentially a comeback album - both in terms of line-up and sound.

Of course I qualify my opinion based on the fact that I have yet to hear the entire album.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to this one - Heretic I knew from the get go that it would be a horrible album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:58 am

Heretic was badass. a few too many instrumentals maybe (although you gotta love Commando's drum check), but otherwise it was great. production wasn't as good as Gateways though. you can hear it in the weaker guitar sound.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:37 am

The new drummer sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:32 am

It's not bad, definitely sounds like Morbid Angel. I think I like "Nevermore" a little better, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 pm

this album has some downright atrocious songs on it. Radikult, Destroctos Vs. the Earth, & Too Extreme! especially. very Rammstein/White Zombie-ish. i think i just puked a little.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:26 pm

mc666 wrote:
this album has some downright atrocious songs on it. Radikult, Destroctos Vs. the Earth, & Too Extreme! especially. very Rammstein/White Zombie-ish. i think i just puked a little.

Damn I hate hearing that, I was looking forward to this album
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm

I agree with you MC. I have heard the whole thing and although there is a tad of that old MA, most of what's on this is atrocious! I was really looking fwd to this because to me this would have kept me a fan or I would have written them off. They could have done SO much better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Not to mention that Pete's drumming is a big part of their appeal.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:12 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Damn I hate hearing that, I was looking forward to this album

x2

New Morbid Angel Song posted... 352445
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 pm

New drummer's not bad; I'll probably pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:30 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
New drummer's not bad; I'll probably pick this one up.

Yap. will do too.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:40 pm

I just listened to some mp3 samples on Amazon for the new album yesterday and I have to say I was really disappointed...and I'm not alone either. Apparently, there's an "RIP Morbid Angel" Facebook page. Morbid Angel and Iron Maiden used to be the two bands I really wanted to see before I die, but now I am going to cross them both off of that list. New Morbid Angel Song posted... 352445 I mean, I might go ahead and see them anyway if I had the chance, but if I never get to see them it won't matter much to me. sigh

That said, I have been fortunate enough to see pretty much of all of the bands that I want to see (realistically speaking, that is). Smile \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Nico wrote:
Morbid Angel and Iron Maiden used to be the two bands I really wanted to see before I die, but now I am going to cross them both off of that list.

I can understand crossing off MA, but IM is the best live metal band on the planet today, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Lots of references to a new drummer. What happened to Pete Sandoval? Did I miss a memo or somethin'?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lots of references to a new drummer. What happened to Pete Sandoval? Did I miss a memo or somethin'?

Back surgery sidetracked him for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Back surgery sidetracked him for a bit.

Ahhh, OK. Hadn't heard that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Morbid Angel Song posted...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next