Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!

Go down 
+7
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Empty
PostSubject: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-david-vincent-says-former-drummer-pete-sandoval-has-found-jesus/

Regarding whether Sandoval is still a member of MORBID ANGEL, Vincent said: "Pete's no longer in MORBID ANGEL." He added: "His whole way of life has changed. He's in a different spot, and the spot that he's in right now, Pete Sandoval and MORBID ANGEL are not compatible."

Pressed to elaborate on this supposed "incompatibility" between Sandoval and MORBID ANGEL, Vincent offered: "Well, [Pete] has found Jesus. You can see where the incompatibility comes from."

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:20 am

Jesus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Illud Divinum Insanus, the Genitorturers, and anything David Vincent has ever said in an interview
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:21 am

Not sure I buy that story. He may have become religious, but I don't think that's why he's no longer with Morbid Angel. Probably a lot more to the story. I'd love to hear what Pete has to say.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 am

He's definitely a very outspoken Christian these days. Good for him.

Does anyone believe they will actually make a good album without Pete "The Feet" Sandoval?

They are done. Nothing but a nostalgia act. Cue the next "let's celebrate one of our 20 year old albums" tour.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 pm

mc666 wrote:
Not sure I buy that story. He may have become religious, but I don't think that's why he's no longer with Morbid Angel. Probably a lot more to the story. I'd love to hear what Pete has to say.
Well, his Facebook is chock full of posted scripture all this year, so religion is definitely a factor, but since it's nothing new, I'm with you. The timing seems off. It's not like he just found Christ and quite the band. Could be business-oriented.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Just once I'd like one of these formerly ultra-Satanic metal dudes to find faith in J. Bob Dobbs or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:31 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Does anyone believe they will actually make a good album without Pete "The Feet" Sandoval?  

They are done.  Nothing but a nostalgia act.  Cue the next "let's celebrate one of our 20 year old albums" tour.
Tim Yeung is a fantastic drummer. I don't think his inclusion or Pete's absence was what made Illud Divinum Insanus so bad. That was all Trey & David.

They can still recover from that fiasco, if they wake up from the Rob Zombie dream. I'm all for artistic expression, but those industrial sounding songs felt so unnatural & forced. The death metal material on that album was pretty good.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

They are done.  Nothing but a nostalgia act.  Cue the next "let's celebrate one of our 20 year old albums" tour.
Tim Yeung is a fantastic drummer. I don't think his inclusion or Pete's absence was what made Illud Divinum Insanus so bad. That was all Trey & David.

They can still recover from that fiasco, if they wake up from the Rob Zombie dream. I'm all for artistic expression, but those industrial sounding songs felt so unnatural & forced. The death metal material on that album was pretty good.
I actually like IlludDivinium Insanus, but I feel like the album itself was a bad call. If they wanted to play something industrial they should have done it under a different name, because its bound to cause massive negative waves when someone listens to an album expecting death metal and getting Rob Zombie.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Old news. I knew of this 7 months ago. His fb page is filled with all his beliefs and scriptures.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, this old news. I knew about this too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Tom Araya is still with Slayer even though he's a catholic. Plus he's the one that has to actually say the lyrics. The drummer can just lock into the music and block out the words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Supertramp broke up for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
Which one of them found religion? I'm surprised that it would matter in a band that mellow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Being mellow has nothing to do with it.  Hodgson started driving the rest of the band nuts with nonstop religious talk and they decided to part ways. Hodgson and Davies relationship was already strained, this was just the final straw and is still the reason why they've never gotten back together.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 am

S.D. wrote:
Being mellow has nothing to do with it.  Hodgson started driving the rest of the band nuts with nonstop religious talk and they decided to part ways.  Hodgson and Davies relationship was already strained, this was just the final straw and is still the reason why they've never gotten back together.  

Same thing happened w/ Kansas in the 80's. They're not heavy. But when Kerry Livgren and Dave Hope became Christians, it began showing up in the songs (Kerry being one of the main writers) and Steve Walsh left the band over it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 am

Quote :
If they wanted to play something industrial they should have done it under a different name

Completely agree. And I actually really liked that album. The remix version not so much.

I understand there can be financial considerations that drive these things - but I wish that some of these bands would just put the name to rest and carry on under some other monicker (especially when you go a different route musically) or just walk away and let your past accomplishments be the legacy.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Being mellow has nothing to do with it.  Hodgson started driving the rest of the band nuts with nonstop religious talk and they decided to part ways.  Hodgson and Davies relationship was already strained, this was just the final straw and is still the reason why they've never gotten back together.  

Same thing happened w/ Kansas in the 80's. They're not heavy. But when Kerry Livgren and Dave Hope became Christians, it began showing up in the songs (Kerry being one of the main writers) and Steve Walsh left the band over it.

I'm guessing that's how John Elefante came into the picture.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Supposedly, Elefante auditioned not knowing they were Christians, and they did not know Elefante was until after he was hired.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Supposedly, Elefante auditioned not knowing they were Christians, and they did not know Elefante was until after he was hired.

That's crazy. I always thought he was an appropriate replacement.

Anyway, back to Morbid Angel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!   Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete Sandoval out of Morbid Angel!
Page 1 of 1