Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?

Go down 
+3
bassman
Shawn Of Fire
325ad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Empty
PostSubject: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

This is a colaboration between Dug Pinnick of King's X and Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam. I want this but can not find it on CD. I can only seem to find this on download or vinyl. If you have it on CD LMk where you found it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:38 pm

They have not pressed CDs I don't think...only downloads and vinyl...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Wait, here you go:

http://molkenmusic.com/store/

CD there for $11.98

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wait, here you go:

http://molkenmusic.com/store/

CD there for $11.98

Sweet Shawn - Thanks. You the man! cool I just ordered it. I love both of those guys incredible bassist they are! LOL
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I am thinking dUg plays some guitar on this but mainly just sings...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Can you imagine the awesomeness if they did a two-bass show? Mind-blowing!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:59 am

bassman wrote:

They could do a "Big Bottom" jam.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:11 am

Just ordered my copy from Molken Music...can't wait!

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm

They were good on Fallon
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:29 pm

MAN I hope my CD comes today...

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Let me know what you think of it. I haven't heard it all the way through. I have only heard about 5 songs, plus the one song they did live on Fallon, several weeks back. They didn't tour anywhere close to me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm

3 songs in and I am digging it...especially "God Told Me"...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Just got home and found my copy on my living-room floor. Can't wait to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
elsid
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

bassman wrote:

I only have seen one group do two basses, even for part of a show. That was Stompbox. It was sweet to see! Love their only one album. Overall great show that night, Stompbox/Tree/Honkeyball
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 pm

elsid wrote:
bassman wrote:

I only have seen one group do two basses, even for part of a show. That was Stompbox. It was sweet to see! Love their only one album. Overall great show that night, Stompbox/Tree/Honkeyball
Wow! Never thought I'd see those names mentioned here. Stombox was awesome! As was Tree. Honkeyball was pretty good, too.

Stombox actually had two more releases, that I'm aware of. Both are 7" vinyl EPs—Pick It Up and The Halloween Day Massacre. Great band!

And back on subject, sort of. Wasn't Ned's Atomic Dustbin a double-bass band?
Back to top Go down
elsid
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
elsid wrote:
bassman wrote:

Wow! Never thought I'd see those names mentioned here. Stombox was awesome! As was Tree. Honkeyball was pretty good, too.

Stombox actually had two more releases, that I'm aware of. Both are 7" vinyl EPs—Pick It Up and The Halloween Day Massacre. Great band!

I think they just had one song on The Halloween Day Massacre. It was a cover of a Gang Green song. They did have a cassette demo out, which I just found is available on iTunes, called Travis.

And yes, Ned's Automic Dustbin was a two bass band. Forgot about them, but never saw them live.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:39 pm

DOS (Mike Watt/Kira Roesseler) is a double bass band as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm

I own those records, but haven't listened to them. Haven't had a record player hooked up in years, though I do now have one of those players that connects to a PC. So hopefully I can get some things ripped.

Didn't know about the demo tape, though. I'll have to keep a lookout for a copy. Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm

elsid wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
elsid wrote:
bassman wrote:

I think they just had one song on The Halloween Day Massacre. It was a cover of a Gang Green song. They did have a cassette demo out, which I just found is available on iTunes, called Travis.

And yes, Ned's Automic Dustbin was a two bass band. Forgot about them, but never saw them live.
http://iamajackass.blogspot.com/2009/01/stompbox-travis.html

Apparently that's a band member putting it out there because they're not receiving any money from the iTunes version Wonderdrug put up.

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:18 am

So, yeah...Tres Mts pretty much rules!!

It has great vibe, smooth, earthy tones, good lyrics, excellent musicianship and is just an overall great Rock album...it's melodic, but not "pop"...it's edgy but not so far from center it can't be enjoyed. Some of it has a strong 70s vibe, but still sounds very fresh.

It's very different from any of dUg other side projects. It does NOT sound like Pearl Jam w/ dUg singing. For an album that was 10 years in the making (dUg began talking about writing songs with Jeff Ament way back in 2001), I was not the least bit disappointed.

My favorites so far:

Oh, Lord
God Told Me
Holes In The Road
Life
Break
Utah

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I will definitely have to pick this up. I liked what I heard.

Looking forward to the live Poundhound album, due out later this year, as well as the new Jelly Jam!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Really diggin' this one, too. It's definitely got more of a Pearl Jam vibe than anything Dug's done before. But maybe that's less of a Pearl Jam thing and more of an Ament/McCready thing. Although I don't know if McCready wrote any music. I didn't even know he was in the band until I got the CD. He's not mentioned as a member online.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Really diggin' this one, too. It's definitely got more of a Pearl Jam vibe than anything Dug's done before. But maybe that's less of a Pearl Jam thing and more of an Ament/McCready thing. Although I don't know if McCready wrote any music. I didn't even know he was in the band until I got the CD. He's not mentioned as a member online.

I think the record was just dUg/Ament + drummer...McCready joined to tour, etc. But I need to look deeper into the liners. The initial pics of the band that I've seen were just 3 people...hence the name Tres Mts...

I didn't get a Pearl Jam vibe...but I've never heard the later albums...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:15 pm

elsid wrote:
I will definitely have to pick this up. I liked what I heard.

Looking forward to the live Poundhound album, due out later this year, as well as the new Jelly Jam!!!

Poundhound live album??
Back to top Go down
elsid
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Yep, from their live performances in 2001. It should be out this fall. They are working on it now. I think it will be on Molken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?   Tres Mts - Anyone have this?  Where did you find it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tres Mts - Anyone have this? Where did you find it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next