Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way

Go down 
+11
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Wargod
mr.electric39
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Eyesore will have a write-up for this in the official Def Leppard Discography thread sometime in 2023.

Quote :

Def Leppard have confirmed the details for their first ever live album on June 6.

It’s titled Mirrorball, and the full track listing is:

CD1

1. Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
2. Rocket
3. Animal
4. C’Mon C’Mon
5. Make Love Like A Man
6. Too Late For Love
7. Foolin’
8. Nine Lives
9. Love Bites
10. Rock On

CD2
1. Two Steps Behind
2. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
3. Switch 625
4. Hysteria
5. Armageddon It
6. Photograph
7. Pour Some Sugar On Me
8. Rock Of Ages
9. Let’s Get Rocked
10. Action
11. Bad Actress
12. Undefeated (new studio track)
13. Kings Of The World (new studio track)
14. It’s All About Believin’ (new studio track)

There will also be a bonus DVD.

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Awesome. Maybe we'll finally hear Vivian Campbell play on a Def Leppard release.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Awesome. Maybe we'll finally hear Vivian Campbell play on a Def Leppard release.
Guest? surprised

Anyway, this will hardly be a live album. What the band should do is release the In The Round - In Your Face concert on CD.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:23 pm

not sure WHY they'd do this....

the live material I've heard Joe's voice is shot.....

not a band that has aged gracefully imo....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh yippie another pile of crap from a band that is washed up.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:05 pm

If it were a live tape from 1983 freshly unearthed from the DL vaults, maybe I'd care. But now? Meh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Oh yippie another pile of crap from a band that is washed up.

Wargod52
I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:11 am

These guys are still around? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:40 pm

They've gone back to their roots!

Yeah...no. At least they're trying something a little different. Decent song. Really think Joe's voice is shot, though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

HAHAHA! Yea I heard this earlier. like someone said just sounds like something left off of Sparkle Lounge. I'm interested to hear this live album though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

It's way better than anything from Sparkle Lounge. I think it's pretty damn good. It's going to be on their next studio album, so I'll hold off for that baby to come out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:21 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
It's way better than anything from Sparkle Lounge. I think it's pretty damn good. It's going to be on their next studio album, so I'll hold off for that baby to come out.
It's about on par with most from Sparkle Lounge. Good tune, good album.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

We must have heard 2 different albums. Sparkle Lounge made me cry and pee myself. This song makes me happy and erect.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 pm

I haven't heard an original Def Leppard song since Adrenalize, but that sounded pretty good to me. Decent enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:31 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

We must have heard 2 different albums. Sparkle Lounge made me cry and pee myself. This song makes me happy and erect.
Maybe you have a urinary tract infection. Don't blame Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 pm

The release date for this is June 7th for those that are interested.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
It's way better than anything from Sparkle Lounge. I think it's pretty damn good.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:04 am

WOW ! They put the two best songs from Hign N Dry on the live cd (total sarcasm) and nothin from the debut. Yep, that's really going bacl to their roots.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 am

I must be the only person on this forum who liked Sparkle Lounge!!!! I thought that was a good album that had more in common with their glam covers album 'YEAH' then say 'Pyromania' or 'High n Dry'

I also like the new song, not their best song but glad to see they turned up the Marshalls.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 am

I went back and forth on Sparkle Louonge a lot...loved it, hated it, loved it again...

I've settled on "has some good songs but not their best work"...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:30 am

Wow! Serious Queen influence here. Like ridiculous Queen sound.

Really really dig this song. This is the one Sav wrote. I'd love to hear him do a solo album. He's written so few solo tracks for Leppard—"Love," "C'mon C'mon," and "Goodbye," probably the best ballad they've done since "Love Bites"—and they typically have a nice 70s kind of vibe (well, all but "Goodbye").

Anyway, here's the Collen-penned tune from Mirrorball:

Dig this one, too, though I think it's the worst of the three. This one probably sounds most like older Leppard, somewhere around the Hysteria era.

Kinda lame that they plan to put these tracks on their upcoming album, though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/6

Not bad. Highly produced of course, but I actually fight it more endearing than I expected simply because Joe's voice is now flawed. It seems more real, if that makes sense.

And I haven't seen them live but for that one time in 1989, but that opening to "Rock! Rock!" is the studio version. They do that live now? Tell me they're not trying to fool us here.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:35 pm

This comes out tomorrow right? Should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday in the mail then.

Eyesore wrote:

And I haven't seen them live but for that one time in 1989, but that opening to "Rock! Rock!" is the studio version. They do that live now? Tell me they're not trying to fool us here.

I can't remember how it went dow when I saw them in '09. I'll let you know in about 2 weeks though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Yeah, it comes out tomorrow. Apparently Walmart and Sam's Club only?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next