Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade

Go down 
+19
DeathCult
A Handful of Wayne
mlotek
Troublezone
Sutekh
krokus
speed101
DallasBlack
James B.
Smindas
Getizzyback
ultmetal
Lurideath
nevermore
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:49 pm

I picked up the Under the Blade re-issue. For the most part it's FANTASTIC! The original mix is raw, but it's still the best. The remastering cleans it up a little, but it still has that original raw flare. It's nice to have the entire Ruff Cutts EP on CD. I was slightly disappointed that the live bonus track has the stage banter cut off. Dee's stage banter is definitely part of the charm of that song. Still, anyone who loves the original vinyl version of Under the Blade, this CD is a great release.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 pm

This "original mix"....isn't it just the mix that has been widely available on the euro Spitfire reissue? Because there are 2 Spitfire versions of that album and 2 different covers.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Here's an idea - How about getting off your asses and actually record a brand spankin' new album? That would be awesome
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:41 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
This "original mix"....isn't it just the mix that has been widely available on the euro Spitfire reissue? Because there are 2 Spitfire versions of that album and 2 different covers.

Have no idea about that. I have the spitfire reissue but it sounds completely different and has a different cover.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Have no idea about that. I have the spitfire reissue but it sounds completely different and has a different cover.

Yes, Spitfire released the original 9-song Secret Records (1982) mix in Europe. In the U.S. they released the 10 song Atlantic Records (1984) remix. The original mix has never been officially released in the U.S. until now. The Ruff Cutts EP has never been officially released on CD anywhere, nor has the legendary Reading Festival show.

Yes, I'd love some new Twisted Sister, but I still think this is a worthy re-issue. At least they give you a lot of bang for you buck. For the price of a single CD, you get a CD with the original mix, the EP and a live bonus track as well as a DVD with the entire Reading show and a ton of interview footage.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:03 pm

ah got it!

It is a great re-issue. I think I like this one better.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 pm

"It's Only Rock and Roll" off the DVD is friggin' oustanding! Pete Way, Lemmy and Fast Eddie Clark all come out on stage with TS for this song. Historic live performance!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

I still have to watch it along with tons of other DVDs that come with cds I have. I really want to watch this one though sooner than later

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 pm

When I have a bit of spare cash, I'll definitely be picking this up. It really sounds like a prime example of how a reissue should be done.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 pm

sounds like something I will be getting. I'm a pretty big TS fan though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

manny wrote:
Another Twisted Sister release coming out soon:

According to blabbermouth.net, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release "Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982/New York Steel Benefit show 2001," a two-disc DVD set which joins Twisted Sister's live shows from the start of the band's recording career in 1982 and the beginning of its reunion career in 2001, on July 26th.

"Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982 / New York Steel Benefit show 2001" track listing:

Disc 1:

1. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
2. Destroyer
3. Tear it Loose
4. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'n' Roll)
5. Lady's Boy
6. Leader of the Pack
7. Under the Blade
8. Shoot 'Em Down
9. Sin After Sin
10. I'll Never Grow Up, Now
11. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
12. You Know I Cry
13. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
14. Rock 'n' Roll Saviors

Disc 2:

1. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
2. The Kids Are Back
3. Stay Hungry
4. Burn in Hell
5. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
6. Under the Blade
7. Shoot 'Em Down
8. Come Back
9. You Know I Cry
10. I Wanna Rock
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. SMF

This is out on DVD!
Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 51Plh0odRuL._SL500_AA300_

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:54 pm

It looks like Twisted Sister are cleaning out their cupards, another new release of a classic concert:

Twisted Sister are to release a live album next month, featuring recordings which are close to 30 years old, reports Classic Rock Magazine.

Live At The Marquee Club was recorded during two sold-out nights the band played at the legendary London venue in March 1983. The track listing is:

1. What You Don’t Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
2. Sin After Sin
3. Bad Boys (Of Rock ‘N’ Roll)
4. Destroyer
5. Leader of the Pack
6. Tear it Loose
7. Band Rap
8. You Can’t Stop Rock ‘N’ Roll
9. Run For Your Life
10. Shoot ‘Em Down
11. Dee’s Rap
12. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
13. Band Introductions
14. I Am (I’m Me)
15. Under The Blade
16. Let The Good Times Roll

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 pm

The Marquee show is one of the most legendary shows ever! It's actually my favorite Twisted Sister record. Though it was never officially released on CD, it was released over several different 12" and 7" vinyls singles. I've had a bootleg of it for years and listen to it regularly. The version of "It's Only Rock & Roll" on this album is the definitive version. Dee's stage banter is classic! headbanger

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

They should have put on "I'll Never Grow Up Now" as a bonus track (it is the first single TS ever put out after all).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Marquee show is one of the most legendary shows ever! It's actually my favorite Twisted Sister record. Though it was never officially released on CD, it was released over several different 12" and 7" vinyls singles. I've had a bootleg of it for years and listen to it regularly. The version of "It's Only Rock & Roll" on this album is the definitive version. Dee's stage banter is classic! headbanger

Very cool, so ULT what is up with all these Twisted Sister releases? Is the demand that great for these guys the last few years?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:14 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Very cool, so ULT what is up with all these Twisted Sister releases? Is the demand that great for these guys the last few years?

I have no idea. They're getting my money, so I'm sure there are plenty more.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:46 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
The Marquee show is one of the most legendary shows ever! It's actually my favorite Twisted Sister record. Though it was never officially released on CD, it was released over several different 12" and 7" vinyls singles. I've had a bootleg of it for years and listen to it regularly. The version of "It's Only Rock & Roll" on this album is the definitive version. Dee's stage banter is classic! Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 11840

I was wonderin' the same thing. I wonder if maybe the band just got the rights back to this stuff? Or maybe they just figure it's time to get this stuff out there while it still has some value?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Really hope they don't butcher the Marquee show. They need to leave all the stage banter untouched. It's part of the charm of that show.

I was disappointed on the Under the Blade re-issue that they deleted the stage banter from the Reading Festival live track.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:00 pm

manny wrote:
It looks like Twisted Sister are cleaning out their cupards, another new release of a classic concert:

Twisted Sister are to release a live album next month, featuring recordings which are close to 30 years old, reports Classic Rock Magazine.

Live At The Marquee Club was recorded during two sold-out nights the band played at the legendary London venue in March 1983. The track listing is:

1. What You Don’t Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
2. Sin After Sin
3. Bad Boys (Of Rock ‘N’ Roll)
4. Destroyer
5. Leader of the Pack
6. Tear it Loose
7. Band Rap
8. You Can’t Stop Rock ‘N’ Roll
9. Run For Your Life
10. Shoot ‘Em Down
11. Dee’s Rap
12. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
13. Band Introductions
14. I Am (I’m Me)
15. Under The Blade
16. Let The Good Times Roll

I actually pre-ordered this from Rhino Records just so I could have a chance at getting an autographed copy. I'm such a GEEK!

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Tsmarquee

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I was going to do the same but I really need to start buying more wisely. I already have Stay Hungry autographed anyway.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 pm

I still have to buy the dvd's, but did just snag the original Under The Blade vinyl off ebay.

I have been following discussions about old vinyl being superior to cd's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:19 am

mlotek wrote:
I still have to buy the dvd's, but did just snag the original Under The Blade vinyl off ebay.

They have a 'warmer' sound IMO. There are several different versions of Under the Blade on vinyl. The Secret Records yellow label is the best. The black label is nearly identical, but doesn't have the repeated "rock, rock, rock..." at the end of side 2. The Atlantic Records version is a complete remix and isn't as raw and biting.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mlotek wrote:

They have a 'warmer' sound IMO. There are several different versions of Under the Blade on vinyl. The Secret Records yellow label is the best. The black label is nearly identical, but doesn't have the repeated "rock, rock, rock..." at the end of side 2. The Atlantic Records version is a complete remix and isn't as raw and biting.

Oh NO! Well, thanks for telling me, still glad to own it again anyway.
I didn't know that.
That Secret had two pressings! Well, the place I ordered from, is the former owner of Fringe records, and The Record Peddler, and pretty sure the Peddler is where I bought the yellow label version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2