Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister

Go down 
+18
Thrasher73
MoonChild
Thelemech
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Boris2008
TheGreatDuck
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Well, this is a bummer. Twisted Sister drummer A.J. Pero has passed away. The band announced it via social media a little while ago:

Twisted Sister Facebook wrote:
The members of Twisted Sister are profoundly saddened to announce the untimely passing of our brother, AJ Pero

The band, crew and most importantly the family of AJ Pero thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this time.

I never got to see T.S. in concert but A.J. jammed a few songs with Dee Snider's SMF's (Dee's T.S. "cover band") at a gig I saw in New Jersey many years ago, which is close enough I guess.

R.I.P. sir!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Obviously a sad day for his family, band mates and friends. It's also a reminder of how we're not getting any younger. All the more reason to appreciate the present...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:11 pm

That's awful news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Wow, that's a shocker. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:40 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Wow. Such shockingly sad news. Only 55. Rest in peace.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Did not expect that! 55 seems young.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Sad news. Crying or Very sad

RIP AJ
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Way too young, saw them live when I was a kid opening for Iron Maiden, then another show with Y & T, loved them been a fan ever since
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Some details have started coming in... apparently A.J. was on tour with Adrenaline Mob,and he passed away during the night in his sleep on their tour bus.

Shows you how out of the loop I am, I didn't even know he was in Adrenaline Mob.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Some details have started coming in... apparently A.J. was on tour with Adrenaline Mob,and he passed away during the night in his sleep on their tour bus.

Shows you how out of the loop I am, I didn't even know he was in Adrenaline Mob.

Yea I just found this out today also, must have been a heart attack
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I believe that gig was a fairly recent development. I don't think he was with Adrenaline Mob very long.

EDIT: Oops. Been with them since December of 2013. My bad.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Rip! I always thought he was the best developed musician of TS, had a fun style that I never thought was well captured on Stay Hungry.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

A.J.'s other band that few people are aware of is one of my favorites:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Shocking - RIP..... I am glad I got to see TS live.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

First Mike Porcaro, then Andy Fraser and now AJ. This has been an awful week. :/
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:44 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
First Mike Porcaro, then Andy Fraser and now AJ. This has been an awful week. :/

With the oldest of them being only 62!

Sad news  R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
A.J.'s other band that few people are aware of is one of my favorites:

Oh yes, that's a good'un. headbanger

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

Original Molly Hatchet drummer Bruce Crump (57) died this week too. 2 bassists and 2 drummers. Weird.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Sad news...
I saw a video of a drum solo he performed with The Foundry and he was better than I previously thought. I'll always remember his famous opening beat for We're Not Gonna Take It. 55 is too young to go!
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:32 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:50 pm

So many rockers passing in the last few years!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Sad news,I saw it on Facebook earlier today.Way to young to go.R.I.P
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 am

Sad news indeed. May A.J. rest in peace. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister    R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. - A.J. Pero of Twisted Sister
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next