Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade

Go down 
+19
DeathCult
A Handful of Wayne
mlotek
Troublezone
Sutekh
krokus
speed101
DallasBlack
James B.
Smindas
Getizzyback
ultmetal
Lurideath
nevermore
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:10 pm

I really want the DVD but not enough to rebuy the album, anyway here is the info:

Eagle Rock Entertainment will release the landmark metal debut of 1982, "Under The Blade" by Twisted Sister, on May 31st. The CD — originally produced by Pete Way of UFO — will also contain four tracks from their 1982 "Ruff Cuts" EP (never before available on CD) as well as "Shoot 'Em Down," an '82 live track from England's prestigious Reading Festival. The lavish package features the original "Under The Blade" cover, which has not appeared on any domestic versions of the album until now, and reflects the original Secret Records track list and remastered audio mix.

The DVD contains the entire previously-unreleased Reading concert. Vocalist Dee Snider, guitarists Jay Jay French and Eddie Ojeda, bassist Mark Mendoza and drummer A.J. Pero gave the crowd something they had not exactly ever seen before. It was, for all intents and purposes, a coming-out affair for this great band. They play as if their life depends upon it. They play as if they have something to prove. And they did. They're young, hungry, determined and wind up headbanging with a desperate ferocity usually reserved for those kinds of life-altering performances that make a band. This is one of those performances. The set concludes with a show-stopping version of "It's Only Rock 'N' Roll" as the band jams out with Pete Way and Motörhead's Fast Eddie Clarke and Lemmy. The DVD also includes 40 minutes of newly shot interviews with the band about the recording of "Under The Blade" and the Reading Festival.

French joined the band Silver Star, a New Jersey-based "glitter band" in December 1972. The group, whose original purpose was to be the New Jersey version of the New York Dolls, changed their name to Twisted Sister on Valentine's Day 1973. The band, however, continually changed lineups and didn't take off until Snider joined in 1976. The lineup didn't fully coalesce until 1982 with the final addition of drummer A.J. Pero.

"Under The Blade" first came out on an independent U.K.-based label called Secret Records, but really gained momentum when Atlantic Records released a different mix of the album nationally in 1985 while taking advantage of the bands newly minted stardom. Their meteoric ascent came in tandem with the simultaneous rise of MTV. This version you now have in your hands is the most requested and sought after. The new digital remastered original mix of "Under the Blade."

"Under The Blade" CD track listing:

1. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
2. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'n' Roll)
3. Run For Your Life
4. Sin After Sin
5. Shoot 'Em Down
6. Destroyer
7. Under The Blade
8. Tear It Loose
9. Day Of The Rocker
10. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You) (Ruff Cutts Version)
11. Shoot 'Em Down (Ruff Cutts Version)
12. Under The Blade (Ruff Cutts Version)
13. Leader Of The Pack (Ruff Cutts Version)
14. Shoot 'Em Down (Live At Reading)

DVD track listing:

2. Sin After Sin
3. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'n' Roll)
4. Destroyer
5. Shoot ‘Em Down
6. Tear It Loose
7. Under The Blade
8. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Schweet! I have never owned UNDER THE BLADE on CD, only on sacred vinyls (ehehehehehe). The DVD and "Ruff Cuts" stuff are nice incentives to pick it up!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I'll buy it Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Sounds nifty and all, but I'm getting burned out on all these re-issues. Not to mention that I'd probably never watch the dvd anyway. Eh, if I found it cheap/used, maybe. Otherwise I'll stick with my original copy.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds nifty and all, but I'm getting burned out on all these re-issues. Not to mention that I'd probably never watch the dvd anyway. Eh, if I found it cheap/used, maybe. Otherwise I'll stick with my original copy.

Same here, and since I like live albums (and DVDs) I wish they would release the bonus discs separte for collector's like me, but I am sure that idea would be a money losing idea for a record industry that is dying a slow death.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:19 pm

I'd like to watch the dvd. But I'm not going to buy the re-issue just for the dvd since I already own this on cd.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Hell yes!!! I'll buy this as well. Glad they are putting this back out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Though I already own several different versions of Under the Blade on CD and vinyl, I will probably be buying this too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:35 pm

I never had it on cd so I'd like to be getting it. Looks pretty cool !
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Why not pick it up, it's just money that will be wasted on something else I probally don't need anyways!

Besides, I'm certainly not getting any younger, live a little!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:43 pm

I'll probably pick it up, I don't have the 'Ruff Cuts' EP and the live stuff sounds like fun. Cracking album!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

I have the vinyl and like the mix better than the Atlantic re-release. This being the original mix, the EP, and DVD all in one. A definite purchase.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

I only have two Twisted Sister albums (not including the Christmas one) so if things pick up at work soon (I'm currently scraping by-damn economy-, luckily my dad is putting a hold on my rent for a while), I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:05 am

Nice set.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:52 pm

I have UNDER THE BLADE twice on vinyl and ones on cd and i have the RUFF CUTS mini lp, but i really like the dvd that comes with this reissue. Now that i dont have a job i dont think i will buy it, i will wait.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:05 am

The DVD sounds tempting. I already have the original vinyl and the original Japanese CD pressing, so I don't actually NEED another copy, but.....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:58 am

I wonder what's going on with Dee's Strangeland part 2 movie?
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:18 pm

" This version you now have in your hands is the most requested and sought after. The new digital remastered original mix of "Under the Blade." "

I will probably buy it as FINALLY I can have the original raw sounding mix again; the live stuff is a huge bonus.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wonder what's going on with Dee's Strangeland part 2 movie?

A quick Google search found this news bit from March of last year. Nothing more recent though...

DEE SNIDER's 'Strangeland' Sequel To Be Shot In Cleveland - Mar. 9, 2010

Mark Gillispie of The Plain Dealer reports that a Cleveland City Council committee on Tuesday (March 9) approved $1.2 million in loan guarantees for three planned feature-length films produced by Nehst Studios, a New York-based production company that has established an office in Cleveland.

On of the three films is "Strangeland: Disciple", the much-anticipated follow-up to "Strangeland" (1998), which TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider wrote and starred in as antagonist Captain Howdy.

The movie will be shot in Cleveland and its suburbs, said Nehst chairman Larry Meistrich. Production will begin once all the details have been finalized, he said.

Greater Cleveland is ideal for moviemaking because of its lower cost of living and its ability to stand in for a number of disparate locations, Meistrich said.

"Within 40 miles of midtown Cleveland, you can find suburbs, ghettos, farmland, sports stadiums and a waterfront," Meistrich said. "That doesn't exist in a lot of places."

In a February 2009 interview with FlickDirect, Snider stated about "Strangeland: Disciple", "'Hostel' and 'Saw' are children of 'Strangeland'. Before that, there was no torture genre; everyone was still beating the dead horse being chased and dying of 'Halloween'. The idea of being torn into had not been developed yet.

"I did a Fangoria radio show, dedicated to the world of horror; and the makers of 'Hostel' and 'Saw' would talk about how they loved 'Strangeland'. With 'Strangeland: Disciple', I'm going to take my crown back. That calls for a really intense effort on the part of the script.

"It is the graphic nature of 'Strangeland: Disciple'. It will be NC-17. We can allow ourselves to focus more on things happening to the subjects. We don't have to cut away so rapidly — so rabidly. 'R' leaves a lot to the imagination. I tend to leave a lot less to the imagination."

Regarding his decision to shoot for an NC-17 rating NC-17 from the MPAA's ratings board for "Strangeland: Disciple", Snider said, "I wanted to make the first one NC-17, but the company making the picture said, 'No, you can't. You won't get any screens. When did you last see an NC-17 movie at the multiplex?'

"There is a conservative undercurrent in this country that won't allow [this type of movie] to be seen. Their view is that the rating is to protect the public, not educate them.

"I know, from experience, that kids are buying tickets to 'Snow White' or whatever and sneaking in to see R-rated films. So we toned down 'Strangeland'. With 'Strangeland: Disciple', we are doing the reverse of what is going on today — which is to release the R-rated movie in the theaters and then do the unrated director's cut on DVD.

"When 'The Exorcist' came out, it only showed in New York and L.A. The word spread about this insane movie. The first cut was a lot more intense, with more subliminal cuts and things like the spider-walk that got taken out of the release version. People were passing out in the theater.

"We're going to do the initial screenings with NC-17, and then a wider release at 'R.' People will be going, 'You have to see the original.'

"I'm not making an intense picture for the purpose of making an intense picture. It's reality-based. The first one was also; when I wrote it, Internet crime didn't exist. In the last movie, Captain Howdy appears to burn to death — he is on fire. When you see how he survives, people will go, 'Oh crap, I get that!' It is reality-based."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:38 pm

I picked this up over the weekend. I almost forgot about this but for some reason I just went to the Twisted Sister section and saw that all their albums were remastered again. I definetly had to get this one because of the DVD and the Ruff Cuts thing. I put it on as soon as I got in the car and I couldn't believe the difference. I had my ipod with me so I could see what the difference was between this new one and the other spitfire version that I have. Its like night and day. This new one is more raw and I'm guessing thats how the original was since I never heard the vinyl. They really did tweak around with the past remastered version.

Does anyone know if the rest of the remasters are like this or will they be like they are on the spitfire remasters? I checked them out and they had the same track listings and bonus tracks.

Only thing I didn't like is now that they have the old cover back on the front theres a big blue line on the top with the words Special Edition: CD & DVD in white. I think they should have put that on the spine and thats it. Otherwise its cool.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for confirming how it sounds. happy
Now that CanadaPost is back to work, starting to get packages again, and realizing I ordered a bunch of stuff...and still haven't listened to all the previous purchases the last 6 months.

BUT I STILL WILL BUY THIS ONE, AND KEEP IT ON REPEAT A GOOD LONG TIME.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Though I've been trying to stay away from spending too much on music these days, I'll definately be picking this up, sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 am

Another Twisted Sister release coming out soon:

According to blabbermouth.net, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release "Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982/New York Steel Benefit show 2001," a two-disc DVD set which joins Twisted Sister's live shows from the start of the band's recording career in 1982 and the beginning of its reunion career in 2001, on July 26th.

"Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982 / New York Steel Benefit show 2001" track listing:

Disc 1:

2. Destroyer
3. Tear it Loose
4. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'n' Roll)
5. Lady's Boy
6. Leader of the Pack
7. Under the Blade
8. Shoot 'Em Down
9. Sin After Sin
10. I'll Never Grow Up, Now
11. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
12. You Know I Cry
13. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
14. Rock 'n' Roll Saviors

Disc 2:

2. The Kids Are Back
3. Stay Hungry
4. Burn in Hell
5. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
6. Under the Blade
7. Shoot 'Em Down
8. Come Back
9. You Know I Cry
10. I Wanna Rock
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. SMF

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:04 am

manny wrote:
Another Twisted Sister release coming out soon:

According to blabbermouth.net, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release "Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982/New York Steel Benefit show 2001," a two-disc DVD set which joins Twisted Sister's live shows from the start of the band's recording career in 1982 and the beginning of its reunion career in 2001, on July 26th.

"Double Live - Northstage Theatre 1982 / New York Steel Benefit show 2001" track listing:

Disc 1:

2. Destroyer
3. Tear it Loose
4. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'n' Roll)
5. Lady's Boy
6. Leader of the Pack
7. Under the Blade
8. Shoot 'Em Down
9. Sin After Sin
10. I'll Never Grow Up, Now
11. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
12. You Know I Cry
13. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
14. Rock 'n' Roll Saviors

Disc 2:

2. The Kids Are Back
3. Stay Hungry
4. Burn in Hell
5. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
6. Under the Blade
7. Shoot 'Em Down
8. Come Back
9. You Know I Cry
10. I Wanna Rock
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. SMF

Awesome! Love Twised Sister live. They were a far better live act than a studio act IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

They really seem to be cleaning out the old archives lately. Remasters with bonus material out the wazoo and classic live performances.

I'd personally prefer some new material, but it's cool tht they're doing this for fans that want it. Too bad some other bands can't do the same thing *cough* CINDERELLA *cough*

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade   Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Sister reissue Under the Blade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: