Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Symphony X - Iconoclast review

Go down 
+9
bassman
Morrison
adrian
Wargod
GrandNational
DallasBlack
nevermore
Velvet Creation
steel warrior
13 posters
AuthorMessage
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

Symphony X - Iconoclast review Empty
PostSubject: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:44 pm

first available review, as far as I know

http://heavymetalthunder6.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/symphony-x-iconoclast-nuclear-blast-2011/
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:46 am

Can't wait for this one bro!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:24 pm

I recently heard one track from the new cd and I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:52 pm

I am a Symphony X fanboy so you know this one will be mine.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Sounds good, I'll pick this up:

Last edited by GrandNational on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Love Symphony X!
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:50 am

I've got spare copies of The Damnation Game and Twilight in Olympus in case anyone needs them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Lately I've been listening to the first SX album. It seems Romeo and co. were really influenced by Savatage, at least in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Morrison wrote:
Lately I've been listening to the first SX album. It seems Romeo and co. were really influenced by Savatage, at least in the beginning.

The only SX album I don't have. Now I have to get it.
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:01 pm

It's actually my favourite SX album despite the slack it seems to get.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:12 pm

It will be mine, oh, yes, it will be mine.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Really looking forward to this. The studio versions of those two new songs they're playing live are a tad slow though. But they're awesome.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:20 pm

I just got the deluxe 2-disc edition; it's really good. A bit heavier than Paradise Lost, but still excellent (or more so, depending on who you ask).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

U.S. release comes out next week. Judging by how quickly I got the new Alestorm from a pre-order, I should get it by Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Got my vinyl version yesterday kick azz album package.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am

Hi everyone

Absolutely loving iconoclast. Seriously can't stop listening to it. Theirs been a fair few decent releases recently that I've picked up but I keep going back to this album.

Been a fan for a while now but seriously loving the vibe that this and the previous album, paradise lost, have. They seem a little more stripped down and riff based. Still plenty of prog noodling which I love but the songs seem less complicated affairs and I think it suits the band well.

Any uk fans out there? I'm planning to see them live in London in September, cannot wait. Only managed to catch them once live a few years back at the Astoria in London. That venue was a complete toilet and I'm glad it's been pulled down. I walked out of the gig after about 4 songs as the sound was appalling. Far to much bass, just couldn't hear the guitar or the vocals it was so disappointing.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:33 am

Wayne wrote:
Hi everyone

Absolutely loving iconoclast. Seriously can't stop listening to it. Theirs been a fair few decent releases recently that I've picked up but I keep going back to this album.

Been a fan for a while now but seriously loving the vibe that this and the previous album, paradise lost, have. They seem a little more stripped down and riff based. Still plenty of prog noodling which I love but the songs seem less complicated affairs and I think it suits the band well.

Any uk fans out there? I'm planning to see them live in London in September, cannot wait. Only managed to catch them once live a few years back at the Astoria in London. That venue was a complete toilet and I'm glad it's been pulled down. I walked out of the gig after about 4 songs as the sound was appalling. Far to much bass, just couldn't hear the guitar or the vocals it was so disappointing.

Sounds like my experience at Gigantour. Of course they also didn't change anything after the metalcore bands played so that could have effected SX's sound (it was of course fixed by the time Dream Theater played). I saw them at a smaller venue called Ridglea Theater (now a Bank Of America sick ) and they were amazing. I like the new one but need to let it sink in some more because Paradise Lost was such a great album and overshadows it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Hi everyone

Sounds like my experience at Gigantour. Of course they also didn't change anything after the metalcore bands played so that could have effected SX's sound (it was of course fixed by the time Dream Theater played). I saw them at a smaller venue called Ridglea Theater (now a Bank Of America sick ) and they were amazing. I like the new one but need to let it sink in some more because Paradise Lost was such a great album and overshadows it a bit.

I would of loved to have seen that gigantour as it had a killer line up but it never came to the UK. I picked up the DVD mainly as their is nothing else out there for symphony x on DVD. Wish they would release a concert DVD/blu ray.

The venue they are playing in the uk is really nice and I've seen amorphis and Anvil their in the last few months and both bands sounded great so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

Quote :
Ridglea Theater (now a Bank Of America )

I stand corrected, Bank Of America did not buy Ridglea Theater. Not sure if this means it will make a comeback, but at least a great venue like that didn't turn into a bank.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Album of the year?

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
Album of the year?

Not sure it's album of the year.....yet lol.

Certainly it's my album of the moment. Have to say i feel like I've really been spoiled with so much great music being released this year.

As well as this amazing album I've loved udo's latest, amorphis put out a cracking album as well as the latest arch enemy being rather good. Loved Saxon's recent album and surprisingly, despite some scathing reviews I really liked morbid angels new album. Just came home from work to see that my postie has delivered the new communic album which I'm very excited about.

Plus it's been a great year for re releases with some cracking stuff from black sabbath and the start of the new Death remastered collectors editions plus I've replaced some of my savatage stuff with the new remasters.

Great year and still got new megadeth to look forward to and the new trivium album.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:49 am

kmorg wrote:
Album of the year?

It's tough to say... probably not; there's been some good stuff this year. I'm particularly fond of Devin Townsend's Deconstruction, but this album is definitely a good one, even if it's not album of the year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Symphony X - Iconoclast review   Symphony X - Iconoclast review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Symphony X - Iconoclast review
Page 1 of 1