Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kreator Crazy

Go down 
+11
Alex Dee Rokket
Stender
metalhead777
bassman
Nico
adrian
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Required Fields
Coram Deo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm

I went a little crazy last night on emusic, and one amazon down load.........I have never owned any Kreator, heard some.....College radio when I was growing up, and so on.

Coma of Souls
Enemy of God
Extreme Agression
Pleasure To Kill

Really good stuff!!

I always stayed away from them because of lyrical content, after reading a post at CMR, I made some decisions and read the lyrics at Metal archives.....They wern't as bad as I had thought.....

Only spun a few songs off of each, and all of Enemy.......Still like the Sodom I have more, but maybe that will change.......
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Kreator rules! One of the best metal bands ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Good job! All those albums are killer! Now you gotta get "Endless Pain", "Terrible Certainty" and "Out of the Dark...Into the Light"! You'll love those too. Avoid "Endorama" like the plague.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Loves me some Kreator!Coram,check out Violent Revolution as well.It was a good return to form for them after a couple experimental albums.

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks for the leads guys! Got my Avenger of blood through emusic as well great stuff Shannon! German thrash sounding.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Kreator Crazy 61fdbnWWEQL._SL500_AA300_

This is a decent comp to check out if you're new to Kreator and want a little taste of everything. And I'll second Thrashers recommendation of Violet Revolution.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I like literally every Kreator album. Extreme Aggression was my first and still my favorite though. I highly recommend getting Terrible Certainty above most everything else.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Kreator rules! One of the best metal bands ever!

My thoughts exactly!! cheers \'arry \'eadbanger Love Mille's high-pitched screams and Ventor is one of metal's most underrated drummers.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Excellent Coram. Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:40 pm

I only have Hordes of Chaos, need to explore the back catalog a bit more.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:58 pm

What was wrong with the lyrics?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 pm

metalhead777 wrote:

Nothing as far as im concerned, they actually are one of the bands that I think actually has something to say on some of their more political themed stuff.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Stender wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Nothing as far as im concerned, they actually are one of the bands that I think actually has something to say on some of their more political themed stuff.

I know,but he said he had a problem with them before listening.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 pm

I own everything these guys have released. Easily one of my favorite thrash bands.

Surprisingly, I feel their best work is on the newer albums rather than their older stuff.

From their recent releases I like Violent Revolution and Hordes of Chaos best. I couldn't quite get into Enemy of God - I thought some of the lyrics were rather silly by Kreator's standards - though it did have some very good songs especially the first 3 and the last 3 - 4 on the album.

From their older, 80s releases, my favorite is the debut Endless Pain and Terrible Certainty. Pleasure to Kill has some good moments but songs tend to be a bit samey at times. Extreme Aggression was a new start for the band, going in a more catchy direction with their material; however it was Coma of Souls that ultimately overshadowed Extreme Aggression.

Their post-thrash stuff can be a bit hit and miss and most of the time it feels like you are listening to a completely different band. Even from one 90s Kreator album to another there is not much stylistic consistency. I guess it is what they were going for at the time. The only album I could not really get into was Renewal - while the music is not bad, the vocals kill that album for me. If any of you here are familiar with the internet Strongbad cartoons, well Mille on Renewal sounds like Strongbad's brother Strongmad.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Stender wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

I know,but he said he had a problem with them before listening.

I never bothered to check them out, the band, lyrics...Just went off of what others said....I don't mind really any lyrics, unless they are sexually explicit, or I don't know how to explain......Not anti Religious....but more degrading to God or Christians like Exodus style on Tempo of the Damned....Just a personal thing....

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Well you may not like Violent Revolution's "Servant in Heaven - King In Hell" then.

Anti-religious lyrics do not offed me. The only thing which offends me is immature sounding lyrics and that was my gripe with Enemy of God. Some of the lyrics sound like they were written by kids in kindergarten.

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Well you may not like Violent Revolution's "Servant in Heaven - King In Hell" then.

Anti-religious lyrics do not offed me. The only thing which offends me is immature sounding lyrics and that was my gripe with Enemy of God. Some of the lyrics sound like they were written by kids in kindergarten.

Read those and they don't bother me.....Anti Religious doesn't....Just stuff like Tempo of the Damned, things along that line.....

I'm glad I finally after 20 years decided to check Kreator out.....It's all fresh from an classic band for me.......Kind of cool...
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Also, if you like Kreator you may want to try out Sodom and Destruction - all three bands are of the same generation of German thrash bands and are often cited side-by-side in discussions on 80s German thrash bands. They were the more prominent German thrash bands to emerge in the 1980s.

Some lesser known German thrash bands of the 80s were Holy Moses and Tankard. Holy Moses are definitely on the more aggressive spectrum of thrash metal while Tankard I feel are slightly more punk-influenced than the other German thrash bands I mentioned (although to some extent so are Sodom and that is particular evident on some of their mid-90s post-thrash albums).
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

I have most of Sodom's stuff...I may get slapped for this, but I like them better.....I am a addicted to thrash.....Thanks for the recomendations!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 pm

i 2nd that Holy Moses recommendation. they kick ass.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:16 am

Kreator are amazing

Coma of souls, enemy of God....

Amazing thrash metal platters headbanger
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:19 am

Thrash is amazing all around imo - best sub-genre of metal
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 am

Enemy of God is amazing. Other good German bands are Angel Dust's first album, Violent Force,Darkness, and Iron Angel.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:01 am

What about Vectom, Assassin, Deathrow, Hellish Crossfire, Protector, Exumer, and Warrant (not the Warrant you're probably thinking of)? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 am

Nico wrote:
What about Vectom, Assassin, Deathrow, Hellish Crossfire, Protector, Exumer, and Warrant (not the Warrant you're probably thinking of)? \'arry \'eadbanger
I love Assassin, supposedly their first two albums are being remastered and rereleased, Deathrow-I have their first two CDS,Exumer is okay and I think there was a German thrash band called Poison,but I'm not positive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kreator Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator Crazy   Kreator Crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kreator Crazy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next