Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is crazy!

Go down 
+12
mc666
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
HellRaiser
Stender
Smindas
thejokeriv
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am

Man Decapitated By Seatmate On Bus

Witnesses Say Victim Was Stabbed 40 To 50 Times And Methodically Carved Into Bits

This is crazy! Image4311535g

RCMP officers investigate a murder that occured on a Greyhound bus on July 31, 2008 near Portage La Prairie, Man. A passenger was decapitated onboard the bus on July 30, 2008.

A man aboard a Greyhound bus repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated a fellow passenger, witnesses said Thursday.

The man, who was not identified, was arrested for the murder, which occurred Wednesday night aboard a bus traveling from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a statement.

Authorities also declined to name the victim and provided no other details about the attack.

Passenger Garnet Caton said the victim was stabbed 40 or 50 times by the man sitting next to him. The passenger then allegedly severed the man's head with a large knife and held it up by the door for others to see.

"We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times," Caton said from a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, where he and other passengers had been taken to rest.

Caton said the bus stopped and the passengers scrambled to disembark while the suspect allegedly began methodically carving up the man's body.

"When he was attacking him, he was calm ... like he was at the beach," Caton said. "There was no rage or, or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy."

Caton said he, the bus driver and a trucker at the scene re-boarded to see what was happening.

Caton said he saw the suspect had the victim on the floor of the bus and "was cutting his head off and pretty much gutting him."

He said they quickly disembarked and braced themselves against the door to prevent the attacker from leaving while they waited for police to arrive.

"We put our bodies up against the door, waiting for him to come out ... and he went back and brought the head to the front and pretty much displayed it ... and dropped it on the ground in front of us," Caton said.

Fellow passenger Cody Olmstead told Brandon radio station CKLQ that the man "dropped the head and went back and started cutting the body back up."

Greyhound spokeswoman Abby Wambaugh said 37 passengers and one driver were on the bus.

The victim, who Caton said appeared to be about 19, had been on the bus since Edmonton. He said the attacker boarded the bus around Brandon, Manitoba, about 80 miles west of Portage La Prairie.

The suspect had been on the bus for about an hour and didn't even sit near his victim at first.

"He sat in the front at first, everything was normal," Caton said.

"We went to the next stop and he got off and had a smoke with another young lady there. When he got on the bus again, he came to the back near where I was sitting.

"He put his bags in the overhead compartment. He didn't say a word to anybody. He seemed totally normal. About a half an hour later, we heard this bloodcurdling scream."

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day called it a "horrific" incident, but did not discuss details of the attack, saying he did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

"We want to make sure that the process is followed as aggressively as possible, a full legal process, and the perpetrator is definitely dealt with the full force of the law," he said.

Day called it bizarre and extremely rare.

"The horrific nature of it is probably one-of-a-kind in Canadian history," Day said.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am

I heard about that on the radio yesterday - that is CRAZY!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:13 am

Wow. What a travesty. Poor guy.

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 pm

I think I feel worse for the witnesses than I do for the victim. affraid
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Stuff like that makes you wonder if it really happened. pretty morbid.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:32 pm

This happened about 8-10 hours west of where I live, so it's been all over the local papers and news.

Talkling to people, nobody can remember something else like that happening. Totally nuts.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Where's the part where it says "The other 37 passengers and the driver did nothing to stop one man with a knife stabbing an innocent person to death and instead stopped the bus and ran away from the scene of the crime." ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Where's the part where it says "The other 37 passengers and the driver did nothing to stop one man with a knife stabbing an innocent person to death and instead stopped the bus and ran away from the scene of the crime." ?

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be better able to understand not stopping someone with a gun because they can take a bunch of people out quickly. But 37 people should have been able to stop a guy with a knife.

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Smindas wrote:
Wow. What a travesty. Poor guy.

Yeah first his preferred mode of transportation is a Greyhound Bus and then he goes and gets decapitated on said bus. Some guys have all the luck.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be better able to understand not stopping someone with a gun because they can take a bunch of people out quickly. But 37 people should have been able to stop a guy with a knife.

It happened in Canada. Nuff said. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:59 pm

"Hey buddy, maybe I can get you to put that knife down, eh?"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:02 pm

"Put the knife down hoser!"

I wonder if they still use that term in Canada.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 pm

troublezone wrote:

Day called it bizarre and extremely rare.

Well I would hope so!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Wow. Shocked That is very F'd up!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:58 pm

The lesson to be learned here: DON'T FALL ASLEEP ON A BUS!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The lesson to be learned here: DON'T FALL ASLEEP ON A BUS!

Stay the Smurf outta Canada would follow on the heels of that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm

i've always wanted to do that. i wouldn't attack a total stranger though. i go after someone i really disliked. displaying the head like he did was a classy move.

if it weren't for having to go to jail afterwards, i could totally get into it.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 am

They only charged the douche with second degree murder!?!?? Well what constitutes first degree??? That was as vicious as it gets don't you think?

Grisly Attack Aboard Greyhound Bus

This is crazy! 1217618479205James Turner, Winnipeg Free Press / AP

Authorities in Canada have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, center, with second-degree murder for allegedly stabbing his sleeping seat mate on a Greyhound bus and then decapitating him. Here, Li is led into court in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, on Friday.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:20 am

troublezone wrote:
They only charged the douche with second degree murder!?!?? Well what constitutes first degree???
premeditation. this seemed like a spur of the moment, random, act of insanity. not something a rational person would do.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 am

I came across this s well, scary and gory!
Back to top Go down

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:18 am

I wonder which 2nd rate metal band is going to write a song about this first.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Guest wrote:

I'm sure that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of death metal/goregrind bands out there right now that are composing songs about this guy and printing up t-shirts with the guy's picture on 'em, topped by their logo.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"Put the knife down hoser!"

I wonder if they still use that term in Canada.

Not a lot of people use the term hoser anymore.. Me and my friends occasionaly do but thats it.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:56 pm

And as for no one helping disarm the killer.. put yourself in the situation. You would be in a state of shock. You'd be like wtf and youd worry about yourself before anyone else its human nature. Some people im sure would of helped but by the time they got up he would of been dead. They said he stabbed him like 40-50 times which began as they heard the scream.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm sure that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of death metal/goregrind bands out there right now that are composing songs about this guy and printing up t-shirts with the guy's picture on 'em, topped by their logo.

"Greyhound Decapitation" has a nice ring to it, dontchya think?

I heard the guy was also eating pieces of flesh (or at least putting them in his mouth) as he was displaying the head. I also read that Greyhound bus lines had to take down some ads they were using. The ad promoted letting Greyhound do the driving and the tagline was "You've never heard of Bus Rage". Whoops. Talk about bad timing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crazy!   This is crazy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is crazy!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next