Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rods (Hey Ult!)

Go down 
+7
speed101
Witchfinder
krokus
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Shiney
tohostudios
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Rods (Hey Ult!) Empty
PostSubject: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I seem to recall Ult pimpin' this band. Can't say that I've ever heard them but I think I'll be picking this one up.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/rods/vengeance.shtml
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Solid band, Toho...
You'd like them, methinks.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:38 pm

I have a "Feinstein" album and while it didn't blow me away, I remember it as being decent. Since I tend to trust SleazeRoxx reviews, I think I'll get this one.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 am

That one is high on my want list. Love The Rods. They embodies a raw, heavy metal sound. (Of course, this is another band people will now try to mis-label as "just hard rock" these days).

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 am

tohostudios wrote:
I have a "Feinstein" album and while it didn't blow me away, I remember it as being decent. Since I tend to trust SleazeRoxx reviews, I think I'll get this one.

I have that one too, but I've never heard the Rods, save for a song or 2. I need to remedy that someday.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Love THE RODS too, i have their albums on vinyl and i hope the new one will come out on vinyl too. Somebody knows something about this???
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Can't wait for this one. The Rods are great. headbanger

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Looks like most of their stuff is outta my price range.

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:01 am

I have about 4 of their cds but when u have few hundred cds to get to it takes a while.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Great band. Too bad some of their older albums aren't so great in the production department. Anyway...

Cool tune!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Didn't this come out yesterday? Went to FYE and they didn't have it. Heck, they have the new Warrant and Black 'n' Blue... Why couldn't they get The Rods ? Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Yeah, yesterday. Haven't seen the new Black 'N' Blue, but I've been looking. FYE still doing that $9.99 or less thing?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm interested to hear how this new Rods album is. I don't think I've ever heard the band but after that sleazeroxx review I'm really curious.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, yesterday. Haven't seen the new Black 'N' Blue, but I've been looking. FYE still doing that $9.99 or less thing?

One SOME releases but not all like they were doing a year ago or so. Usually the first few weeks an album is $9.99-$13.99 but I think most new metal stuff is $9.99, if that's what you meant. My FYE has a Metal end cap of stuff that's on sale. The new BnB and King Kobra are $16.99 but Warrant is $9.99. I think they had the new Whitesnake for $11.99, same with Sixx:AM.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm interested to hear how this new Rods album is. I don't think I've ever heard the band but after that sleazeroxx review I'm really curious.
I think you'd dig them. Good luck finding the albums, though.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:57 am

Picked this up today and must say it rocks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:21 am

I'm a big Rods fan - really like them - never saw them live -
Surprised David got a haircut - what classic hair he had -
anyways - always enjoy a cool devil song - they play one -
check out the 24:00 minute mark on this concert -
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Like a fool, I loaned this cd out...long gone now.
Went on eBay and it's for fourth bucks !
Did the same with Steeler (Keel ) cd.....never returned.
Orchid cd too....sigh.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rods (Hey Ult!)   The Rods (Hey Ult!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rods (Hey Ult!)
Page 1 of 1