Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrant - Rockaholic

Go down 
+15
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
Getizzyback
Waylon
metalinmyveins
exact33
DallasBlack
Jessrox
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
James B.
krokus
Gilbert
Eyesore
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Warrant - Rockaholic Empty
PostSubject: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

May 17th for the new album, Rockaholic. Really looking forward to this one. I thought Born Again was excellent. Samples from the upcoming album sound really good, too.

Check them out HERE.

Album cover is terrible, though. This is late-90s Photoshopping here. Haha.

Warrant - Rockaholic Warrantrockcd

sick
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:07 am

Really bad cover indeed
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 am

Gilbert wrote:
Really bad cover indeed
They're rockin' on a budget. lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 am

I dont like the logo, but the rest is not bad, at least it doesnt look modern, and thats always a plus.
I really liked BORN AGAIN too.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am

who is up front ? I could look on the inter-web, but I am lazy today

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:33 am

The guy that used to sing for Lynch Mob. Something Mason? Not Oni Logan, the other guy.

As for Warrant, I haven't followed them much since the Jani Lane days. Dog Eat Dog was the last original album I've owned. Their covers album is good too. I've seen Born Again a few times in the used bins and thought about picking it up, but passed. I'd have to be pretty impressed with this new line-up before I got this album.

By the way, Jani's solo album Back Down to One is really, really good. Well, I think so anyway.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:52 am

Robert Mason is the new singer. Rest of the band is all the original members.
Warrant - Rockaholic Warrant2011

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 am

thanks

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

Don't mention it. Wink

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Robert Mason can sing his ass off!! I'd be curious to hear this...but what I heard of the last album w/ the Black N Blue singer was a little weak...Jani Lane wrote all their songs and I'm not sure the rest of the guys have his talent for hooks...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Robert Mason can sing his ass off!! I'd be curious to hear this...but what I heard of the last album w/ the Black N Blue singer was a little weak...Jani Lane wrote all their songs and I'm not sure the rest of the guys have his talent for hooks...
I'd agree with this. Jani is a much better songwriter, in terms of that catchy hook, but the last album was still very good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't remembr much about Mason. I still have the first Lynch Mob cd with Oni Logan, but the 2nd one with Mason I only had on cassette years ago. Thought about upgrading that one a few times, but have not. Haven't heard that one in years.

Shawn, have you heard Jani's solo album? Reminds me of Butch Walker. Modern rock with a poppy flair.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I gave BORN AGAIN a fair shake but eventually decided it was dull as dirt. I'll stick with their CHERRY PIE, DOG EAT DOG and ULTRAPHOBIC discs.

It really is a shame that Jani Lane can't seem to get his sh*t together and patch it up with the rest of the guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Jessrox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Jessrox

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm

There is nothing that sets this apart from the pack. Jani Lane's vox are the Trademark Warrant sound. It sounds pretty good. But nothing says to me ''OH, yeah that is Warrant''.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't remembr much about Mason. I still have the first Lynch Mob cd with Oni Logan, but the 2nd one with Mason I only had on cassette years ago. Thought about upgrading that one a few times, but have not. Haven't heard that one in years.

Shawn, have you heard Jani's solo album? Reminds me of Butch Walker. Modern rock with a poppy flair.

Actually, I never have...I need to. I liked the songs he did for Belly To Belly back in the day, though...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

I lost track of Warrant after Dog Eat Dog (IMO their best) but I'd be willing to give this one a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 am

Too bad i still own nothing by these guys. Just a couple of songs on an old best-of cd.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I lost track of Warrant after Dog Eat Dog (IMO their best) but I'd be willing to give this one a chance.

I would agree - I had lost track of them for a long time but Dog Eat Dog is their best.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 am

Gilbert wrote:
Too bad i still own nothing by these guys. Just a couple of songs on an old best-of cd.

You can usually find their old stuff pretty cheap and plentiful. Their first 3 albums are the best of the bunch. After that, they kinda lost their direction during the "grunge era" and the music suffered.

Quote :
I would agree - I had lost track of them for a long time but Dog Eat Dog is their best.

I'm partial to Cherry Pie myself, but that's probably because I've lived with that one the longest. I think I bought that one as a new release back in the day. I only upgraded Dog Eat Dog to cd within the last year or so. Forgot how good that album actually is.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You can usually find their old stuff pretty cheap and plentiful. Their first 3 albums are the best of the bunch. After that, they kinda lost their direction during the "grunge era" and the music suffered.

swapacd.com has a lot of their stuff really cheap...

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I'm partial to Cherry Pie myself, but that's probably because I've lived with that one the longest. I think I bought that one as a new release back in the day. I only upgraded Dog Eat Dog to cd within the last year or so. Forgot how good that album actually is.

I remember first hearing Down Boys on the radio and getting the cassette. DRFSR doesnt hold up all that well over time. I lost my cassette of Cherry Pie so I will have to track that one down again on cd. the Ode to Tipper was a bit much though..

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Quote :
I remember first hearing Down Boys on the radio and getting the cassette. DRFSR doesnt hold up all that well over time. I lost my cassette of Cherry Pie so I will have to track that one down again on cd. the Ode to Tipper was a bit much though..

I just recently upgraded a long gone cassette of DRFSR. I dunno, it brought back some good memories for me. I still like it.

As for Cherry Pie, I saw a used copy in FYE the other night. Remastered with a few bonus tracks tacked on. Thought about picking it up, but passed. And yea, 'Ode to Tipper' was pretty funny back then (I used to end mix tapes with that one allot), but now it's kinda cringe-worthy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
the Ode to Tipper was a bit much though..

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And yea, 'Ode to Tipper' was pretty funny back then (I used to end mix tapes with that one allot), but now it's kinda cringe-worthy.

Some years back we were having a family BBQ at the house so I threw 5 CDs in our stereo (incl. "Cherry Pie"), put the CD changer on "Random," and pushed the button that would pipe the music to our outdoor speakers. Imagine my horror when later that afternoon, I'm standing there working the grill and I suddenly hear "Ode To Tipper Gore" come blasting out. I had totally forgotten that damn track was on the CD. It's so short that I didn't even bother trying to run inside to change the song, so everyone - kids, grandparents, cousins, etc. - got to enjoy it. My wife was uber-pissed but all I could say was "Um....oops?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Sounds like the most bitching-est family BBQ EVER!! Warrant - Rockaholic 778825

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And yea, 'Ode to Tipper' was pretty funny back then (I used to end mix tapes with that one allot), but now it's kinda cringe-worthy.

Some years back we were having a family BBQ at the house so I threw 5 CDs in our stereo (incl. "Cherry Pie"), put the CD changer on "Random," and pushed the button that would pipe the music to our outdoor speakers. Imagine my horror when later that afternoon, I'm standing there working the grill and I suddenly hear "Ode To Tipper Gore" come blasting out. I had totally forgotten that damn track was on the CD. It's so short that I didn't even bother trying to run inside to change the song, so everyone - kids, grandparents, cousins, etc. - got to enjoy it. My wife was uber-pissed but all I could say was "Um....oops?" Laughing very hard

I don't want to get too far off on a tangent, but I've had that same type of moment. I was a manager of a store called "Hat World" back in the late 90's. I would always bring in C.D's with me, but I was normally cognizant of what was acceptable and what wasn't acceptable. It was '98 and I had drifted aways from the metal scene somewhat. I was in this Elliott Smith faze. Elliott had just struck it big with his three songs on the "Goodwill Hunting" soundtrack, and I happened to be playing that one day in the store. Well, before I could dive into the back room and stop the C.D. player, the line "Situations get f*cked up and turn around sooner or later" came out of the speakers. I had a handful of customers in the store, so I decided to play dumb, and act like I didn't hear a thing. I think I must have said to myself, please God don't let me get fired over something as stupid as this.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Rockaholic   Warrant - Rockaholic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrant - Rockaholic
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next