Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some new Testament!

Go down 
+18
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
metalhead777
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Jesusandmetal23
nevermore
shamgar75
Rex
Coram Deo
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
adrian
Joe
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Finally some new Testament! Empty
PostSubject: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157058

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Good news!Hopefully it will be a late 2011 release instead of early 2012.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Cool! headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Quote :
"The new album will most likely be a culmination of 'The Gathering' [1999] and 'The Formation of Damnation', but we're definitely not going to forget who we are or our roots. I think we've found a comfortable spot in our writing style," TESTAMENT vocalist Chuck Billy stated in a 2010 interview.

I like the sound of that!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 pm

It's about time!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Great news !!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Finally some new Testament! 778825

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 pm

It's always good to have some new Testament. But I wish they would take a break from Andy Sneap for an album or two... He gets a clean sound but it's too digital.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Very good!! I loved Formation, and have been itching to hear some new stuff....Can't wait.....
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:25 pm

The Gathering was a great album but i think it could've been better if they had some leads on a few songs. It will be cool to hear that formula with Alex playing over it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:13 pm

I hope its better than the last album........I know I'm in the minority, but the songs just weren't good or memorable and lacked the groove or hook that their past efforts had.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:43 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Great news! Finally some new Testament! 11840
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeeeeeeeahhhhhh
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 am

shamgar75 wrote:
Finally some new Testament! 11840

You owe Required Fields $1 for using his trademarked reply.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:59 am

Rex wrote:
I hope its better than the last album........I know I'm in the minority, but the songs just weren't good or memorable and lacked the groove or hook that their past efforts had.

Agreed, although I loved "Henchmen Ride". Even Skolnick's solos weren't as memorable or fitting as they were in the past. It's great to have Bostaph in the band permanently now though.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am

Formation was decent and it was good to see the band back with new material, but was a massive step down from The Gathering. Hopefully they're a bit more in to the swing or writing again now.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I loved their last effort. this should be great! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Smindas wrote:
Formation was decent and it was good to see the band back with new material, but was a massive step down from The Gathering. Hopefully they're a bit more in to the swing or writing again now.

When they wait long periods between albums... they lose focus sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Great news! I like Formation as much as The Gathering.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Though Gathering was a more consistent album, I did very much enjoy Formation, especially since they brought back more of Chuck Billy's classic sounding vocals.

In fact I love a lot of the songs on Formation, the album just doesn't flow as well as previous efforts I think
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Rex wrote:

Agreed, although I loved "Henchmen Ride". Even Skolnick's solos weren't as memorable or fitting as they were in the past. It's great to have Bostaph in the band permanently now though.

I agree. I loved Formation and thought it was a good return to form, but Skolnick is capable of so much more in the solo department.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 am

Formation of Damnation is real good. Just a little bit better and they're back to being AWESOME, for the first time since Practise What You Preach. Might be too much to expect for an old school band, but I will buy this on faith alone.

Leave Me Forever is a great track.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 am

Cool news!
cool
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 am

I really like their last two albums, so I will definitely be looking forward to this next one. If it's out at the end of the year, I'll ask for it for Christmas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some new Testament!   Finally some new Testament! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some new Testament!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next