Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.

Go down 
+40
mez
JBall_Z
metalinmyveins
Alex Dee Rokket
SlaytanicPOWER
James B.
GrandNational
biddle
MoonChild
Lari
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
Smindas
Wargod
MEGATRON
speed101
DeathCult
adrian
iamrockerfun
Joe
chewie
exact33
mc666
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
Gilbert
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:48 am

I want him to mention whether or not he will have any involvement with the new album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

The new guy got himself some new leathers and mirrored shades for the tour...

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Faulkner1K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Faulkner2

There's a very lengthy interview with Rob about the tour, next album, new guy, etc...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158067

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:43 am

Damn. The dude even looks like a young K.K.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

I am glad that they still have the desire to keep on going while they can. I admit losing KK is hard but I think they at least want to keep the fire going while it can and this guy has given them that chance!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Kl20bvgg8es6vbgl

The new kid even got hisself a flying V like K.K.'s

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Faulkner3

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:26 pm

still sorta mind blowing....

nothing lasts forever or why haven't I already learned that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:45 pm

http://musicametal.blogosfere.it/2011/05/judas-priest-musica-metal-interviews-rob-halford-may-2011.html

Quote :
On whether JUDAS PRIEST will do any touring after the release of the band's next studio album:

Halford: "We've never followed the rules in PRIEST and we've always done what we wanted to do. We feel that it's important to make another great British metal-style classic album. So that's coming out next year. All the songwriting is completed. Me and Glenn [Tipton, guitar] wrote all the music. And we've got three tracks that are mixed and mastered and ready to go, so we're trying to figure out the best way to let them out to our fans. And we'll maybe play one or two of them live on this tour anyway, just to whet everybody's appetite and get everybody ready for the full release. So we've got a new record coming out, and that'll probably come out in the summer next year."

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:38 am

Looking forward to some new Priest. It has to be better than their last album.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Looking forward to some new Priest. It has to be better than their last album.

+1
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I am watching Judas Priest on American Idol Suspect .... new guitarist seems good.... this show is bizarre... I was told that KISS was even on it once.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:09 am

My guess is that before KK left they took a DNA sample form his guitar and grew an new KK in a labratory.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:06 am

Approval Guy wrote:
My guess is that before KK left they took a DNA sample form his guitar and grew an new KK in a labratory.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

I don't understand the whole "we're retiring but not really" thing...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I understand it as "we may still make new albums in the future but after this tour, but we're not going to travel around the world for two years at a time anymore"

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

It's not that complicated.

They don't plan to do any major tours any more but may do a few shows here and there.
They plan to continue recording, at least to complete one more album.

I guess it is not really "retiring" when you spell it out this way but it may be many people's last chance to see them live.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:06 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

As soon as any major band screams retirement, the big festivals throw huge money at them. I reckon KK didn't wanna sell out, but the rest of the band did.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

As soon as any major band screams retirement, the big festivals throw huge money at them. I reckon KK didn't wanna sell out, but the rest of the band did.

Oh, come on Kmorg - I know Priest has never been one of your favourites, but no reason to be all negative
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Oh, come on Kmorg - I know Priest has never been one of your favourites, but no reason to be all negative

Prove me wrong! Wink

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:08 pm

KK retired just before they appeared on American Idol....

I really can't believe that they did that show....

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:18 pm

K.K. can't be replaced. But... the new guy is a good musician.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Prove me wrong! Wink

I am with kurt on this one - how many reunion tours will they sell out now that they are retired,,,

MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:53 pm

They're not retiring. All they said is that this will be their last WORLD TOUR.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:25 am

MEGATRON wrote:
They're not retiring. All they said is that this will be their last WORLD TOUR.

Just like KISS did....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Jesus Christ, first the whole Metallica thing, now people are calling the mighty PRIEST sellouts?!

Okay, so KK leaves and the rest of the band find a replacement - How is that selling out? I'd rather still have the chance to see the Priest live again with or without KK, not to mention another album, than no Judas Priest at all - Yeah, them being on American Idol was kinda' lame, but so what? You guys stay home and scuff, I'll be there rockin' with them when they come to Denmark headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next