Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.

Go down 
+40
mez
JBall_Z
metalinmyveins
Alex Dee Rokket
SlaytanicPOWER
James B.
GrandNational
biddle
MoonChild
Lari
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
Smindas
Wargod
MEGATRON
speed101
DeathCult
adrian
iamrockerfun
Joe
chewie
exact33
mc666
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
Gilbert
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Empty
PostSubject: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=31894B27-BD13-43BA-84F0-6A11B4F9D835

Shocked
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:25 am

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 am

Well, that's just odd.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 am

That sucks! It's not Priest without him.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Well, that's just odd.

Understatement of the year!

He always seemed to be the one promising the fans that there will be another Priest album... now it looks like he was the one pushing for the band to retire more than the others.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am

It's over folks. The fat lady is singing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 am

Meet the New Guy:

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Richie-Faulkner

ultmetal wrote:
That sucks! It's not Priest without him.

Meh. It was Priest without Halford, it can be Priest without Downing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:39 am

Too bad.

I love KK.

By the way, any news on their new album??
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 am

There was rumours that he was going to continue writing and recording with the band, but not go on tour - like a heavy metal Brian Wilson. Looks like that speculation was half-right.

Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:45 am

I'm glad that they're doing another record at least. I hated that they were originally leaving us with that Nostradamus thing as their final album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm glad that they're doing another record at least. I hated that they were originally leaving us with that Nostradamus thing as their final album.

With K.K. gone I doubt we will see a new album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

Why not finish out the tour with the rest of the guys? I hope his health is OK...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:13 am

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

With K.K. gone I doubt we will see a new album.

You never know... they went on without Halford before. Glenn Tipton is the main writer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I hope his health is OK...

That crossed my mind too. I hope he's not having health issues.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 am

According to the press release a new album is scheduled for next year.

I thought they were all retiring after this upcoming tour?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:23 am

kmorg wrote:

Looks like Priest and the Scorpions had a change of heart.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 am

Wow. I didn't see that one coming.

As for the new guy, well, if he's just a touring guy, learning/mimicing KK's parts shouldn't be all that difficult from a show standpoint.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 am

My initial reaction (other than shock) is that there's some type of health concern. I can't imagine anyone in that band being like "screw you, I'm gone" at this point. He was the one issuing updates about the band, talking about the tour and new album, so I feel this is not voluntary. Really sad either way.

BTW - the new album is still coming. Here's the press release announcing the new guitarist and intentions for the new album: http://judaspriest.com/News/Doc/KK-Downing-Retirement-Announcement.pdf
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 am

Quote :
He was the one issuing updates about the band, talking about the tour and new album, so I feel this is not voluntary. Really sad either way.

That's what i'm saying... there's definately something more to it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
He was the one issuing updates about the band, talking about the tour and new album, so I feel this is not voluntary. Really sad either way.

That's what i'm saying... there's definately something more to it.

I agree. That just seemed to come out of nowhere. I hope everything's alright for him. Sadly, I think it's the beginning of the end for the band. None of them are getting any younger.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:33 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 am

I am sure it is either health issue with himself or someone in his family, hope the best for K.K. and the man has had a great run and has given us a lifetime of music, who knows, I am sure when this is resolved ( I hope it will be) he will return
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

JP's management will probably let this initial release float around for a few days, let the rumors and speculation build, then KK will release his own "official statement". Let's hope for the best, health or otherwise.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 am

kmorg wrote:

If I remember the original "retirement" press release correctly, they said this was going to be their last globe-trotting tour, but they still planned to work on records.

I can understand that. Glenn Tipton and Ian Hill are both in their early 60s, so I would imagine that they're pretty damn tired of schlepping across the world for a year at a time...

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

Touring can be a drag. Maybe he's just had enough and he has no financial reason to continue.

I'm glad he will be on their next album though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next