Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.

Go down 
+40
mez
JBall_Z
metalinmyveins
Alex Dee Rokket
SlaytanicPOWER
James B.
GrandNational
biddle
MoonChild
Lari
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
Smindas
Wargod
MEGATRON
speed101
DeathCult
adrian
iamrockerfun
Joe
chewie
exact33
mc666
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
Gilbert
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Look, I am not as frustrated as it might seem. I just find it utterly pathetic to announce the end of a band, only to return in the next minute. Let's not pretend they're not doing this for money.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:33 pm

kmorg wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
They're not retiring. All they said is that this will be their last WORLD TOUR.

Just like KISS did....

KISS weren't heading into their 60's when they did their "last" world tour. Rob Halford is 59, Ian Hill is 60 and Glenn Tipton is 62.

It's a different situation.

kmorg wrote:
Look, I am not as frustrated as it might seem. I just find it utterly pathetic to announce the end of a band, only to return in the next minute. Let's not pretend they're not doing this for money.

THEY NEVER SAID IT WAS THE END OF THE BAND. K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 12087

"...this is by no means the end of the band. In fact, we are presently writing new material, but we do intend this to be the last major world tour."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Approval Guy wrote:
My guess is that before KK left they took a DNA sample form his guitar and grew an new KK in a labratory.

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 201269

Looks like lotsa folks are saying that....

Quote :
On Richie Faulkner's physical resemblance to a younger K.K. Downing:

Halford: "People are saying, 'It's a clone. You've got some of K.K.'s DNA.' It's just the way it turned out. We made, like, a secret search… When we knew K.K. was not gonna be making the tour, we did a lot of secret, kind of, searching for another player. And Richie just happened to be the guy. And he just happens to look a little bit… of the K.K. image, you know?! I think it would be silly to say, 'We looked for a guitar player that looks like Ken.' What we want is a very good metal guitar player, and that's what Richie Faulkner is."

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Ritchie DOESN'T look like KK? Yeah, he's got long, blonde hair....that's pretty much it Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Ritchie DOESN'T look like KK? Yeah, he's got long, blonde hair....that's pretty much it Laughing

Well, I'd say that if it's a big enough issue that it comes up in interviews and Rob chooses to address it, then you're probably in the minority here. Razz

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:54 pm

kmorg wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Just like KISS did....

and Ozzy, about what, a dozen times now? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
kmorg wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Just like KISS did....

and Ozzy, about what, a dozen times now? K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 201269

Don't forget The Who. They were the original "We're retiring after THIS tour" band since the late 80's. Apparently, they'll just keep going till they all drop dead. K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 927150

Eh, I've got to see KISS (w/Peter & Ace and w/Eric & Tommy), Ozzy and Priest (w/Halford and Owens) so I'm good if I never see any of them live again. If they put out new music, I'll buy it. I'd hope that someday I'd go with my kids, but that's not looking likely since they're only 3 now.

At best, I might be able to someday take them to "Cyberdyne, in Association with Disney Corp., Presents 'The KISS Experience' featuring the music of Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley" around 2021.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
kmorg wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Just like KISS did....

and Ozzy, about what, a dozen times now? K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 201269

Don't forget The Who. They were the original "We're retiring after THIS tour" band since the late 80's. Apparently, they'll just keep going till they all drop dead. K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 927150

Eh, I've got to see KISS (w/Peter & Ace and w/Eric & Tommy), Ozzy and Priest (w/Halford and Owens) so I'm good if I never see any of them live again. If they put out new music, I'll buy it. I'd hope that someday I'd go with my kids, but that's not looking likely since they're only 3 now.

At best, I might be able to someday take them to "Cyberdyne, in Association with Disney Corp., Presents 'The KISS Experience' featuring the music of Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley" around 2021.

by that point there will be more versions of Kiss than Friday the 13th movies!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5