Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.

Go down 
+40
mez
JBall_Z
metalinmyveins
Alex Dee Rokket
SlaytanicPOWER
James B.
GrandNational
biddle
MoonChild
Lari
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
Smindas
Wargod
MEGATRON
speed101
DeathCult
adrian
iamrockerfun
Joe
chewie
exact33
mc666
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
Gilbert
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am

I agree with those who say it's a health issue. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

Well that BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:57 am

That just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

KK Downing has decided hang up his guitar and retire from Judas Priest.

An official statement from the Priest camp (no pun intended) reads as follows:

It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that KK Downing has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming Epitaph tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally wish him well.

Having thought long and hard about how to proceed, Rob, Glenn, Ian and Scott unanimously agreed that they should go ahead with the tour and not let the fans down all around the world.

Fate also stepped in and delivered the perfect replacement – 31-year-old respected guitar player Richie Faulkner [who has played with Lauren Harris; he is pictured below] – he has blended into the band perfectly and is a great talent who is going to help set the stage on fire!

The Epitaph tour will include songs from every Priest studio album and also tracks they have never before performed on stage plus all the old favourites!

With a new album due to be released next year the metal gods are preparing to tour the planet once more – heavy metal at its best complete with lasers, lights, bikes and hellfire! It’s a show not to be missed!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

oops saw metal misfit included this press release on his posting
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 pm

I hope it's this...
Quote :
Touring can be a drag. Maybe he's just had enough and he has no financial reason to continue.

And not this...
Quote :
I agree with those who say it's a health issue. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious.

If it's a health issue, it's gotta be pretty serious if you won't or can't tour. Different scenarios, but look what it took for Jeff Hanneman to drop off the Slayer tour, if even temporarily. You don't bow out of a huge world tour because of a tummy ache.

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey, the dude has had one helluva long, impressive career. If he wants to sit back and enjoy the spoils of his work, I say more power to him!

I hope he's healthy and just wants a chance to relax and enjoy life.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 pm

detuned wrote:
Hey, the dude has had one helluva long, impressive career. If he wants to sit back and enjoy the spoils of his work, I say more power to him!

I hope he's healthy and just wants a chance to relax and enjoy life.

i agree. more power to him if he just wants to chill out & take it easy, he's earned it.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
It's over folks. The fat lady is singing.

yep. I think i would agree spec.

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:55 pm

WHOA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 pm

As others have stated, I'm hoping he's healthy, and he's just ready to kickback and enjoy retirement.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:05 pm

this is madness. i don believe he is in bad shape or he's ill or what ?
weird JP band
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Well I'm bummed. Never got a chance to see them live, and now even if I do it won't be the same without KK. Sad

Hope he's alright though healthwise and everything
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, it would've been cool to see him and Glenn up there together on the Epitaph tour, but it'll still be a good round of shows I'm sure. Still pretty surprising though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Hope hes ok.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Woah. Totally wasn't expecting to hear this. Hopefully the new guy kicks ass on their next album.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Eddie Trunk is saying on his Twitter page that the rumor going around is that there was a difference of opinion on the future of JP and that's why he left. Even so, wouldn't he want to do this tour?

While some type of healthy issue was my initial thought, I will say that I think the press release is very casual about it all: "Oh, KK's gone but we've got this awesome new guy who's doing the tour and we can't wait for the new album next year!"

So who was REALLY behind making this the last big tour and shifting more to a recording schedule for the band?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

that sucks if it was because of a disagreement...

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 pm

It's to bad to hear but it's part of life. Time to move on and work on new material.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 am

I feel like this is the equivalent of Steve Harris leaving Iron Maiden. Priest at this point are more than just a band, they're a legend of sorts and K.K. embodies so much what Priest is about. Without him, it doesn't seem quite right. A massive downer just before their final major tour, as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eddie Trunk is saying on his Twitter page that the rumor going around is that there was a difference of opinion on the future of JP and that's why he left. Even so, wouldn't he want to do this tour?

While some type of healthy issue was my initial thought, I will say that I think the press release is very casual about it all: "Oh, KK's gone but we've got this awesome new guy who's doing the tour and we can't wait for the new album next year!"

So who was REALLY behind making this the last big tour and shifting more to a recording schedule for the band?

The plot thickens... K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 564665

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:37 pm

K.K. posted this on his web site. Make of it what you will, I guess. At least he didn't quit the band via fax machine, like Halford did back in the day. Very Happy

K.K. Downing press release

Dear friends,

It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am O.K.

There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time.

Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans.

However I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

All my love and respect,

KK Downing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

It figures, I am glad it has nothing to do with his health, and he is a classy guy asking his fans to support Judas Priest, hopefully the band and Downing can resolve this issue with their management, I can't believe management would let the situation get to the point where one of the signature members of the band walks away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Well, Priest is more than a band, they are a "brand-name" and their catalog is worth a tidy sum. So I could imagine there being all kinds of pressure from "above", that had really nothing to do with the music.

K.K. handled it with class.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 pm

detuned wrote:
Well, Priest is more than a band, they are a "brand-name" and their catalog is worth a tidy sum. So I could imagine there being all kinds of pressure from "above", that had really nothing to do with the music.

K.K. handled it with class.

True witness the recent lawsuit between Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne regarding the name Black Sabbath, it had more to do with T Shirt sales then the band's "legacy".

Same thing when Jim Morrison's estate and John Densmore sued Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek attempting to call their band The Doors of the 21st Century, both went to protect the name and catalog that I imagine must be worth millions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.   K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K. Downing officially retires from Judas Priest.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next