Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noise Records?

Go down 
+20
Grimmo
chewie
James B.
stormspell
the sentinel
Witchfinder
Lari
Morrison
Alex Dee Rokket
Nico
exact33
Velvet Creation
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Stender
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I've been digging back into a lot of my old Noise Records CDs over the past couple of days (i.e. Helloween, Rage, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, etc.) and it occurred to me that I haven't heard anything about this legendary German metal label in quite some time. Do they even still exist? Most, if not all, of their major acts from "back in the day" have either split up or moved on to other labels. I know at one time they were aligned with Century Media Records for a while (at least in the U.S.) and then later on (mid-00's) they were part of the Sanctuary Records family. Did they go under when Sanctuary collapsed?

Anyone know? Their entry on Wikipedia is very skimpy with almost no info, and their old web site address appears to be inactive.

Just curious.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 pm

I thought they went under but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

I think you might be right, which would be a shame. They were one of my favorite metal labels back in the day. A lot of great stuff passed through their roster over the years...

After digging around some in my CDs it looks like the last few releases I got from them all came out around 2004 -- Iron Savior's BATTERING RAM, Jack Frost's RAISE YOUR FIST TO METAL and Gamma Ray's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET live album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:18 pm

They were one of my favorites too. WATCHTOWER, CORONER, and VOIVOD were legendary and a risky gamble for a label to take on. Glad they supported them and gave us such great music in the process.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
They were one of my favorites too. WATCHTOWER, CORONER, and VOIVOD were legendary and a risky gamble for a label to take on.

Not to mention they took on HELLHAMMER. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:24 pm

dunno what happened to them, but I wish alot more of their bands were reissued.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Stender wrote:

That's the price you pay for having been too young (or unborn) to buy'em the first time around. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:35 pm

I think it was bought by Sanctuary, then Sanctuary went under...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sounds about right. Sanctuary was then bought up by Universal Music Group.

One small fishy was eaten by a bigger fishy, then an even BIGGER fishy swallowed them both up whole.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Correct. Same with Modern Music, a sublabel (?) for Noise.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:04 pm

ah.... Noise Records.... I miss them Sad

The lost Ramone
Stender

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

That's the price you pay for having been too young (or unborn) to buy'em the first time around. Very Happy

pff rub that in..I was just a little spermy at the time. Smile

Didnt metal blade get the rights to some of Noises bands later? Not sure if Voivod was on Noise when war and pain came out, but im pretty sure metal blade reissued it in the mid 90s along with some others.

Last edited by Stender on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Stender wrote:

Didnt metal blade get the rights to some of Noises bands later? Not sure if Voivod was on Noise when war and pain came out, but im pretty sure metal blade reissued it in the mid 90s along with some others.

I think VoiVod were signed directly to Metal Blade for WAR & PAIN. Then they had some kind of falling out with'em and left the label, and signed to Noise for RRRRROOOOAAAARRRRR, KILLING TECHNOLOGY and DIMENSION HATROSS. If memory serves, VoiVod were Noise's first non-European signing.

That's how I remember it anyway. My brother's the VoiVodian in the family, he'd probably know for sure how that all went down. I'll have to try and remember to ask him. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Speaking of Noise Records, if anyone has CONCEPTION CDs (especially Flow) for sale let me know. A Japanese press would also be welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Stender wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

life hasnt improved much, has it Smile

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

life hasnt improved much, has it Smile

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:54 pm

I do miss noise records - lots of great stuff!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Velvet Creation wrote:
Speaking of Noise Records, if anyone has CONCEPTION CDs (especially Flow) for sale let me know. A Japanese press would also be welcome Smile

You mean these: http://metal-metropolis.com/conception.htm

Nope, not for sale Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 pm

I had Conception's IN YOUR MULTITUDE years ago. I picked it up used, had never heard the band but I saw the Noise logo on it and figured it was worth a blind buy. Wished I hadn't....it bored the crap outta me. Zzzzzzz.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:

Nope, not for sale Razz

that aint right!!! Razz

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:

Nope, not for sale Razz

Here's a better logo for that page. Smile

Noise Records? Concep10

Yep, I'm OCD like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks, Brian. I've been looking for a better logo on and off for years!!

Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:

Nope, not for sale Razz

angry
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:17 pm

When I think of Noise Records, Kreator is usually the first thing that comes to mind. I'm also a big fan of Coroner and Running Wild. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:33 pm

One of my favorite labels. Most of their stuff is very difficult to find these days. Stuff like kreator's 80s albums even have become hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noise Records? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noise Records?   Noise Records? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noise Records?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next