Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues

Go down 
+8
Lari
exact33
HeavyThrashhead
Gilbert
nevermore
Thelemech
Witchfinder
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Empty
PostSubject: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 am

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/running-wild-noise-records

These first nine Running Wild albums are now available to pre-order on expanded CD's with bonus tracks and 180g Vinyl.

The albums re-issues available in this campaign on both expanded 2CD with Bonus tracks and 180g Vinyl are:
Gates of Purgatory, Branded And Exiled, Under Jolly Roger, Port Royal, Death And Glory, Blazon Stone,Piles of Skulls, Black Hand Inn & Masquerade

German heavy metal band Running Wild were formed in 1976 in Hamburg, but shot to fame during the emergence of the German metal scene in the early to mid-1980s.

Over the course of their career, they have released sixteen studio albums, three live albums, five compilation albums, and six singles/EPs. Although their earlier releases contained Satanic themes and imagery, they later invented the pirate metal sub-genre after the band released their third album in 1987, Under Jolly Roger, which was a switch to pirate-based and historical themes, creating and influencing the later named Pirate Metal sub-genre of heavy metal in the 2000s in the process.

While the historical lyrics were very superficial at first, the lyrics for later albums were intensively researched, by frontman Rolf Kasparek in particular. After this album, from 1988 to 1992 (for the albums Port Royal, Death or Glory, Blazon Stone and Pile of Skulls), Running Wild mainly wrote historically based lyrics. In addition to lyrics about pirates like Calico Jack, Klaus Störtebeker, or the little-known Henry Jennings, the band also addressed subjects like the Wars of the Roses, the Battle of Waterloo, or the colonisation of the New World by the Conquistadors.

They have sold over 1.8 million albums globally making them one of Germany’s largest exports.

The albums re-issues available in this campaign on both expanded 2Cd and 180g Vinyl are:
Gates to Purgatory, Branded And Exiled, Under Jolly Roger, Port Royal, Death Or Glory (released 11th August), Blazon Stone, Piles of Skulls, Black Hand Inn & Masquerade (released 25th August

Shipping as close to release dates as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 am

Anybody planning on getting these? Because I am a lunatic I preordered all of them on CD and Under Jolly Roger on LP. Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 8:59 am

I have all those albums so I doubt I'd ever get this. I am kind of curious what those bonus tracks would be.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 am

I do not have any Running Wild, but I may pick up one of these to give them a chance. I always hear good things about them - I just never took the plunge, at least not yet.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am

007 wrote:
I have all those albums so I doubt I'd ever get this. I am kind of curious what those bonus tracks would be.

They do give the various tracklistings if you click on "view details" for each album. It looks like the bonus tracks are generally the various b-sides or compilation tracks and the re-recordings they did in 1991, 1992 and 2003. It doesn't look like there are any demos or live tracks on these reissues.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

They do give the various tracklistings if you click on "view details" for each album.  It looks like the bonus tracks are generally the various b-sides or compilation tracks and the re-recordings they did in 1991, 1992 and 2003. It doesn't look like there are any demos or live tracks on these reissues.

Ok. I didn't have the time to check that earlier but now that I did, it looks like it's all stuff I already have. Looks like even that won't entice me to but. Good. I have enough on my wants list as it is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 am

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

They do give the various tracklistings if you click on "view details" for each album.  It looks like the bonus tracks are generally the various b-sides or compilation tracks and the re-recordings they did in 1991, 1992 and 2003. It doesn't look like there are any demos or live tracks on these reissues.

Ok. I didn't have the time to check that earlier but now that I did, it looks like it's all stuff I already have. Looks like even that won't entice me to but. Good. I have enough on my wants list as it is. Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

I need to pick up some of the ones I don't own.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I will only pick up port royal and pile of skulls. Those are the only two missing from my collection.

I found a copy of under jolly roger in a small record shop in paris earlier this year. So my RW collection will be finally completed.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 pm

i have Gates to Purgatory and Branded and Exiled pre-ordered. the other albums i can get at other times.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 4:18 pm

ill have to look at the bonus material.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 am

Thelemech wrote:
I do not have any Running Wild, but I may pick up one of these to give them a chance. I always hear good things about them - I just never took the plunge, at least not yet.

I picked up Under Jolly Roger Deluxe Edition yesterday as a Christmas present for me from my cat. Once I open it on Christmas day I will come here to give it a review. They also had The Noise Years compilation that was released just prior to when these Deluxe Editions came out - might go back today and pick that up as they had it on sale for 19 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

I picked up Under Jolly Roger Deluxe Edition yesterday as a Christmas present for me from my cat. Once I open it on Christmas day I will come here to give it a review. They also had The Noise Years compilation that was released just prior to when these Deluxe Editions came out - might go back today and pick that up as they had it on sale for 19 bucks.

The noise collection is nice, if you're a RW fan.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

The noise collection is nice, if you're a RW fan.

Only heard a few songs on Youtube but I liked what I have heard. And I just picked it(the compilation) up with some gift card money for the local Record Store. I have to wait until Christmas to open it though. But I thought 19 bucks was a good price since the regular sticker price was 26.99.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 pm

I remember picking up the grave digger's noise years comp for less than USD 9 last year, at a record shop in Paris. That was an awesome deal!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 am

Thelemech wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

I picked up Under Jolly Roger Deluxe Edition yesterday as a Christmas present for me from my cat.

That's both awesome and brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 am

Picked up both masquerade and pile of skulls. In fact, i already own a copy of masquerade, which i picked up used over two years ago. But since my copy was somewhat in a bad state, i ended buying a reissue. Glad i did.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm thinking of picking up some of these now. I own zero Running Wild, and the only albums I've ever heard are Black Hand Inn & Shadowmaker.

I'm thinking maybe... Port Royal + Death or Glory + Pile of Skulls + Blazon Stone + Black Hand Inn

Would total €52.25 on Amazon shipping included. But then again, maybe I should just pick one and go from there?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Lari wrote:
I'm thinking of picking up some of these now. I own zero Running Wild, and the only albums I've ever heard are Black Hand Inn & Shadowmaker.

I'm thinking maybe... Port Royal + Death or Glory + Pile of Skulls + Blazon Stone + Black Hand Inn

Would total €52.25 on Amazon shipping included. But then again, maybe I should just pick one and go from there?

You need Under Jolly Roger. The first two are great too, but they aren't pirate metal at all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Lari wrote:

You need Under Jolly Roger.  The first two are great too, but they aren't pirate metal at all.

I totally agree. Add under jolly roger and you should have a nice set. Of course i still recommend you complete your RW discography eventually headbanger
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 am

Lari wrote:

These are considered their ultimate best with Death or Glory being their pinnacle. So get DoG if you want just one album.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 pm

I still have not given Under Jolly Roger a thorough listen - but I have heard enough to pick up Port Royal a few days ago. These guys are a lot better than I thought they would be.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Lari wrote:

These are considered their ultimate best with Death or Glory being their pinnacle. So get DoG if you want just one album.

I got this to start my RW collection now:

Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues IMG_20180118_170837

I've never heard it in my life, so I'm looking forward to this. I think I only know the song Riding the Storm.

On a related note, that song was also covered by Powerwolf.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Enjoy! Awesome band! Still need to pick up shadowmaker and their latest, and my RW collection will be completed.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

I bought Branded and Exiled when it first came out in 1985 ?
The album cover is what did it. So dark...like Lord of Rings....Mordor.....
One of my top ten metal albums without question.
I wonder if that says something about me - lol
Recently bought Port Royal....” Free as an eagle. Proud as a king “ !
Interesting to consider....you rock witchfinder !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues   Running Wild - Noise Records Reissues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next