Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riot kick....

Go down 
+21
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
arachnoplasma
adrian
manny
Metal Misfit
krokus
ultmetal
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
nevermore
James B.
Gilbert
metalken
mr.electric39
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:38 am

Man I've been spinning Riot like non stop!!! Fire Down Under, Restless Breed...... Riot Live both Guy Speranza and Rhett Forester.....

last year it was a lot of Saxon and Priest........ but right now..... RIOT ......

Riot kick.... 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 am

I am still blown away by both Fire Down Under and Restless Breed. Even around the thirty year mark, both these two releases give me goosebumps and get tons of play from me. I even would include the next release, Born In America in there to some extent.
I was not prepared for the next two - Thundersteel and Privilege Of Power, but was impressed by their new sound(s). Even though a different beast, and a re-invention, they were big players for me in the late eighties/early nineties.
But they do not get the same reaction as those fore mentioned early eighties albums do.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:04 am

Make sure to spin Thundersteel headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am

right on

better late than never

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 am

You can't go wrong with classic Riot!
Back to top Go down

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I like all the phases, Nightbreaker is a great on as well as Sons of Society.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 pm

What are some thoughts on Riot's Born in America?

Riot kick.... 41M46DRNAJL._SL500_AA300_

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

They have a new one on the way .... can't wait!

"Thundersteel" is a cult classic.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:53 pm

The new song they released is amazing!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Classic American heavy metal album. ("just hard rock" by today's history revisionists.) One of Riot's finest albums IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

A great album.... Heavy Metal Machine is killer song!!!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Heavy Metal Machine is one of the songs Ultimatum considered recording for our Lex Metalis CD.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Heavy Metal Machine is one of the songs Ultimatum considered recording for our Lex Metalis CD.

I wish you had!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 pm

The local FYE had a used copy of Born in America that I was debating picking up, which is why I asked. I listened to some samples and wanted some opinions first. Hate to make "blind purchases" these days. My Riot collection is sorely lacking so if it's still there, maybe I'll snag it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 pm

They never released a bad album, even the last 3 are great.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I hold this album quite high in the catalog. Not a bad track in the bunch and the last hard rock/heavy metal before the power metal of Thundersteel onward . Worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 am

I have been spinning fire down under a lot lately.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

Born In America is very good but continued the tradition of Riot having some of the worst album art ever. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Born In America is very good but continued the tradition of Riot having some of the worst album art ever. Laughing

No kidding, love the band, but their album covers were terrible but I have grown to like their weird little mascot.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

I recently relistened to Born in America after probably a few years of having it buried in my collection. Thundersteel really rekindled my interest in the band. After going back and listening, Born in America is a great cd, I don't know what I was thinking! Though the cover is definitely atrocious
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

adrian wrote:
I recently relistened to Born in America after probably a few years of having it buried in my collection. Thundersteel really rekindled my interest in the band. After going back and listening, Born in America is a great cd, I don't know what I was thinking! Though the cover is definitely atrocious

I have not heard this album in years, but I had the same reaction about the album years ago you did, I need to rebuy it and give it another spin see if I now will like the album better then I did back in the day.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Love Riot. The Rhett Forrester years are especially underrated. Born in America is a class album, at least as good as Restless Breed in my opinion. I think if you like one then you'll like the other. Just solid American heavy metal.

I think Thundersteel was the first "speed-metal" album I ever heard. As soon as the first seconds of "Thundersteel" kicked in, my jaw hit the floor. I absolutely adore that album. Really I don't think I've ever heard a *bad* album out of Riot in their various incarnations, it's always been pretty top shelf material even through endless line-up and style changes. Mark Reale is truly one of the greats in my book.

Totally stoked for the new album, too!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
Fire Down Under, Restless Breed......

Those are the only Riot albums I have plus a bunch of various songs I got from Spectrefate. In future I will get more but Fire Down Under is a favorite. Love Swords & Tequilla! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 am

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

cool
cheers
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 am

adrian wrote:

I'm getting Born in America this weekend. a used copy from a friend.

I hope i'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riot kick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot kick....   Riot kick.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riot kick....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: