Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Eyesore
adrian
Leatherface
bassman
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
chewie
Required Fields
Joe
Ben Grimm
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Reported on Heavy Metal Thunder FaceBook page:
Mike Starr, ex-Alice In Chains bass player was found dead a couple of hours ago. RIP Mike.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Man, that sucks. Dude was a serious drug addict that tried to kick the habit.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Joe wrote:
Man, that sucks. Dude was a serious drug addict that tried to kick the habit.

R.I.P.
Yeah I remember when he did the celebrity rehab. I can only assume that his addictions had something to do with this
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:35 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 pm

R.I.P.

He was on that album that had Ray Gillen and John West, as well. I can't remember the name of it. I beleive the it was the guitar players project.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 pm

chewie wrote:

He was on that album that had Ray Gillen and John West, as well. I can't remember the name of it. I beleive the it was the guitar players project.

Would that be Sun Red Sun?

...and yeah, R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

Would that be Sun Red Sun?

...and yeah, R.I.P.

Yeah! That's it!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:07 pm

This is horrible to hear. I've watched all the seasons of Celebrity Rehab w/Dr. Drew including this past season which just finished a little over a month ago. On the last day of shooting they brought three former celebrity addicts back from the previous season to talk with the current season. They were Tom Sizemore, McKenzie Phillips and Mike Starr. When I saw Mike Starr, I remember saying to myself, "Man the guy looks great; he looks like he's really taking on sobriety head first". He looked unbelievably healthy. WOW, I am not only stunned to hear this, but very saddened. I wonder what happened? I believe that footage was shot last summer?

Damn...

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Very sad news. R.I.P. Mike
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

My brother sent me a text and told me that the folks at Metal Injection are reporting that Mike overdosed.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 am

Heard this on the news a couple hours ago, didn't even realize he was in the Salt Lake City area until he was arrested a couple weeks ago. Sad news Sad
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:25 am

Not unexpected. This guy was extremely haunted by his past.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 am

I'm very saddened to hear of his passing.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 am

Man that sucks.I watched him on celebrity rehab and the dude was trying hard to kick his addiction.I guess sometimes it gets the best of em.R.I.P Mike
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 am

Too bad. R.I.P. Mike
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am

That really sucks, R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:28 am

Somewhat unrelated note, the leader of my son's Cub Scout troop is named Michael Starr (same spelling as the AIC guy).... so when he heard this mentioned on the news this morning I had to explain to him that it was a different guy with the same name.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:22 am

Well, hopefully he found some peace from his pain.

Addiction is a horrible thing...almost as horrible as whatever pain causes you to go that route in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am

Very sad. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:39 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead   Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Alice in Chains bass player found dead
Page 1 of 1