Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...

Go down 
+11
Temple of Blood
manny
Mglaffas81
Gilbert
XYZ
Schbopo
mc666
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Addy
MetalRob331
15 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Empty
PostSubject: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Terrible news. I'm not the biggest fan but this sucks...Prayers to his family and friends and most of all to those who have lost a loved one..

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140601
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh Dang, My eldest is a big fan of theirs too....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:10 pm

That was pretty unexpected. Never a huge fan of the band, but my condolences to his family. The metal stars seem to be dropping like flies this year.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Good grief. First Pete Steele, then Ronnie Dio, now this. Maybe there really is something to that "it happens in threes" saying.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 24, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:14 pm

sad to hear. metal guys just keep dropping.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Well that just sucks...but I'm also kind of curious as to how it happened.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Well that just sucks...but I'm also kind of curious as to how it happened.

I've seen numerous people say it was a drug overdose. I guess we won't know for sure until the official autopsy report comes out.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah I was reading that an Autopsy will be done tomorrow and will include toxocology, my eldest stepson is bummed out about it. He just got a Slipknot shirt this weekend too.

I am not a fan of the band, but my eldest is sooooo..............
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm

This is a shock. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:33 am

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:51 am

Never a huge fan either, but a band I respect as much as any other metal band. My condolences til his family and bandmembers. I wonder if Slipknot will call it quits, then? I've seen numerous interviews and programs about them, with them, especially Corey Taylor, expressing how much each individual member means to the band, and how much they stick together. But maybe that's just exaggerated. Anyway, this is a sad moment for metal, indeed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:51 am

I have the first two Slipknot albums I am not a major fan but that sucks
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:08 am

Another needless drug death I suspect.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:20 am

Dont care for the music, but I respect the band. Truly sad to hear. RIP
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:19 am

Question is, would the bassist want them to call it quits or would he want them to carry on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:30 am

My son came into my bedroom last night shocked...he was like "First Dio and now this??". He and his friend were talking about it last night...they were bummed. In Feb 2009 I took the 2 of them to see Slipknot. My son wore his tour shirt today in memory...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:50 am

Addy wrote:
Question is, would the bassist want them to call it quits or would he want them to carry on?

I think these guys continue on. If they call it quits then I guess thats what they all think the right move is..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:59 am

Crazy and sad. Hate the music but that is way too young to go.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19226

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:33 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

never heard of this band but Paul Grey's other band:

With three weeks of dates booked throughout Europe and Asia, HAIL! — the supergroup featuring mainstays Tim "Ripper" Owens (Beyond Fear, Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Judas Priest, Iced Earth), David Ellefson (Megadeth) and Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) — has announced that it will not cancel its tour in the wake of its bassist Paul Gray's (Slipknot) untimely death.
The band has released the following statement regarding the matter:
"On Monday we were dealt a devastating blow with Paul's passing two days before our departure. We discussed the situation and unanimously thought that in the face of this tragedy we needed to remain strong and push forward because Paul would have vehemently insisted that the show must go on. In a desperate situation we made an emergency call to James Lomenzo and James responded with a Herculean effort, on only one day's notice, to fly to Portugal and rescue the Rock In Rio festival. His immediate and unselfish call to arms single-handedly saved this entire tour."
James Lomenzo has had a long and very successful career, having played with White Lion, Ozyy Osbourne, Black Label Society and, most recently, Megadeth.
HAIL! has epitomized the old-school unity and brotherhood of the metal culture that its bandmembers have all grown out of and this is another example of that close-knit circle of friends coming together to help in a time of need.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Yea, Paul Gray hadn't even played a note with HAIL yet. They're kinda like an "all star metal cover band." The Slipknot guy was a recent recruit, taking the place of Dave Ellefson, who went back to Megadeth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Well the news came out today it was an OD. Morphine none the less. SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 pm

325ad wrote:
Well the news came out today it was an OD. Morphine none the less. SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_sad

Still tragic but I can't say I'm surprised.

PostSubject: Re: SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...   SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLIPKNOT BASS PLAYER FOUND DEAD...
Page 1 of 1