Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Has anyone mentioned that Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" plays over the opening credits of "Zombieland?" If not, now I mentioned it. Laughing

That opening credit sequence is brilliant. Actually, the entire movie was pretty brilliant.

I was going to post that - I just watched it yesterday. Great flick!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Nico wrote:
Married...With Children: Anthrax appeared on an episode and performed the first minute and a half or so of "In My World". It's one of my favorite shows and Anthrax is one of my favorite bands. Al Bundy rules!!

Laughing very hard I forgot about that one! Had to go find it. One of my favorite Anthrax songs. Funniest part is when Marci starts breaking stuff!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Eric Singer (amongst others.... I think Ted Nugent is one of them) appears VERY briefly in A Nightmare on Elm Street 5. The camera just pans by a TV set, and this fake hair metal band is getting interviewed.

Don Dokken's solo band appears in "Far Out Man".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm

The opening song to "The Hangover" is "13" by Danzig.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 am

Nico wrote:
Married...With Children: Anthrax appeared on an episode and performed the first minute and a half or so of "In My World". It's one of my favorite shows and Anthrax is one of my favorite bands. Al Bundy rules!!

Classic episode! I think I still have that one stashed away on a VHS tape somewhere.

Also on the Fox Network tip, Lita Ford guest starred in an episode of the sitcom "Herman's Head"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

There are a few K Swiss commercials out there right now promoting their new shoe called the "Tubes". At the end of this little 30 second bit, the all to familiar "Rock You Like A Hurricane" is played.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Joe wrote:
The opening song to "The Hangover" is "13" by Danzig.

I forgot about that one. When I saw that in the theaters and that song came on, I thought "Well, this is promising. Any movie that starts out with an obscure Danzig track is alright by me!"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I don't know how many people have seen "Harold & Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo Bay", but the George Bush scene is awesome. Not only is it funny, but they play "Stick It" by Great White. When I first saw this movie about a year ago, I couldn't believe of all the Great White songs, they chose this one...Normally movies play it safe and go with one of the more popular songs, but they went with something from the first album. Hilarious scene as well as the President asks them if they had to eat the "Cockmeat sandwich"!!! Stellar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veOfWtDhPYg
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 am

How could I forget.... I was very surprised to see Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in the last scene of The Polar Express!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:17 am

kmorg wrote:
How could I forget.... I was very surprised to see Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in the last scene of The Polar Express!

He was? I don;t remember that!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:42 am

I didn't know that either. Then again I never saw the movie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't know that either. Then again I never saw the movie.

Thx - OK, now I remember it.... wasn't that great of a flick...
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:01 am

Nuclear Assault does a cover of "Rock Around the Clock" that appears in the movie Cousins. I think that might be the one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 am

adrian wrote:
Not quite relevant, but I just remembered the other day in an episode of X-Files you can clearly see a Killer Dwarfs poster in a kid's room headbanger

On "Doogie Howser M.D.," Doogie had a Rigor Mortis poster (!) on his bedroom wall. Funny, Doogie never struck me as a thrasher. scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:35 am

Nico wrote:
Now if we were to include seeing logos written somewhere or apparel or memorabilia used in the films I could list tons of other movies...but does that count?

Fat Freddy wrote:
adrian wrote:
Not quite relevant, but I just remembered the other day in an episode of X-Files you can clearly see a Killer Dwarfs poster in a kid's room headbanger

On "Doogie Howser M.D.," Doogie had a Rigor Mortis poster (!) on his bedroom wall. Funny, Doogie never struck me as a thrasher. scratch

Since that apparently does count, here are some more references that come to mind:

Bull Durham - There's a guy on the bus wearing an Iron Maiden "Live After Death" T-shirt. I've only seen a minute of the movie so I don't know that character's role in the film or anything.

Class of 1984 - Alice Cooper's "I Am the Future" is on the soundtrack (Since we're counting rock, too).

Death Wish 3 - One of the muggers is wearing a Motorhead T-shirt

Death Wish 4: The Crackdown - Ozzy logo spray-painted on the outside of the drug factory. There's also a guy with a denim vest with a big Black Sabbath logo patch in the skating rink at the end of the film.

Delta Force 2 - There's a kid wearing an Iron Maiden "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" T-shirt at the basketball game.

The Dungeonmaster - W.A.S.P. appears in the movie performing "Tormentor".

The Expendables - Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back in Town" and Mountain's "Mississipi Queen" on the soundtrack.

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - Sepultura written on a bedroom wall and later on a bathroom wall as well.

The Gate - The kid with the glasses has a denim vest with a Venom "From Hell to the Unknown" backpatch at the beginning of the film. Later, you see his room covered with lots of metal memorabilia, including a Slayer backpatch and some pictures or posters of Iron Maiden.

Happy Gilmore - The title character shows up to a formal gathering sporting an AC/DC T-shirt.

Nash Bridges - There's an episode where they catch two bad guys and one of them is sporting a Slayer T-shirt. In another episode, they're searching a bedroom that happens to have a Morbid Angel poster on the wall.

Night of the Demons - There's an Exodus sticker on a car. There's also a boom box with a Motorhead sticker and a bunch of punk stickers on it.

976-Evil - Iron Maiden "The Number of the Beast" poster or ad on the wall of the room where all of the bullies play cards. I'm pretty sure there's also Black Flag spray-painted on the bathroom wall of the school.

Old School - Will Ferrell wears a Motorhead T-shirt in one scene while he's holding a blow-up sex doll.

On Deadly Ground - Some song by The Scorpions playing during the ending credits.

Pet Semetary - A couple of Ramones songs on the soundtrack. "Pet Semetary" obviously and another one.

Robocop 2 - Slayer and AC/DC spray-painted on a wall.

Shocker - Megadeth and Dead On on the soundtrack, among others.

Sixteen Candles - In the scene where all the boys are in the bathroom there's a kid with a Judas Priest "Defenders of the Faith" T-shirt.

Sleepaway Camp - The kid that drowns in the lake wears a Blue Oyster Cult shirt.

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers - Some rock and metal LPs up on the wall of the girls' cabin, most notably Death Angel's "The Ultra-Violence" and Flotsam and Jetsam's "Doomsday For the Deceiver".

Son-in-Law: That pervert kid has a Megadeth "Rust in Peace" poster in his bedroom.

Summer School - Another Iron Maiden "Live After Death" T-shirt. It's the character named Chainsaw.

Superbad - Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and Van Halen's "Panama" on the soundtrack.

Under Siege - Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" is in the movie.

The Wedding Singer - Adam Sandler's girlfriend is wearing a Van Halen T-shirt. Then, they get into an argument and he says, "Get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they broke up." (The film takes place in 1985).

I'll come up with some more later....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 am

Nico wrote:
The Dungeonmaster - W.A.S.P. appears in the movie performing "Tormentor".
In the movie "TerrorVision," one of the characters (a sterotypical doofus metalhead) wears a W.A.S.P. shirt for the entire film. The band is also seen briefly on TV while the family is channel surfing.

Nico wrote:
Robocop 2 - Slayer and AC/DC spray-painted on a wall.

...and Babylon A.D.'s "The Kid Goes Wild" plays while Robo beats up the crooked cop in the video arcade.

Nico wrote:
Pet Semetary - A couple of Ramones songs on the soundtrack. "Pet Semetary" obviously and another one.

If memory serves, the other song is "Sheena is a Punk Rocker," which the truck driver is listening to right before he runs over the kid.

Nico wrote:
The Gate - The kid with the glasses has a denim vest with a Venom "From Hell to the Unknown" backpatch at the beginning of the film. Later, you see his room covered with lots of metal memorabilia, including a Slayer backpatch and some pictures or posters of Iron Maiden.

I haven't seen that movie in dog years but I vaguely remember someone with a Killer Dwarfs t-shirt or back patch in there too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 am

In Reanimator, Dan has a Talking Heads poster on his bedroom wall (appropriate given what happens later in the movie).

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 am

Quote :
Bull Durham - There's a guy on the bus wearing an Iron Maiden "Live After Death" T-shirt. I've only seen a minute of the movie so I don't know that character's role in the film or anything.

Tim Robbin's character "Nuke" Laloosh is the young hot shot pitcher and apparent metalhead. He also makes a Motley Crue reference to a non-existant song in the movie when he's trying to charm the pants of a cute female reporter. I don't remember the exact quote but it went something like this...

"Your name is Bethanny (?), like the Motley Crue song. Ever hear it?" Then he plays some air guitar singing "Bethanny, you're the girl for me".

Now that I think about it, he may have been wearing a Crue t-shirt in that scene as well. An old school one with Allister Fiend (remember him?)

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Lemmy stars in the sci-fi/thriller, Hardware. He is playing a cab driver, and he is blasting Motörhead in his cab.

GWAR also make a brief cameo in "Hardware" as a band playing a concert on TV.

The video on the TV is GWAR...but the music playing in that scene is actually "Stigmata" by Ministry.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Nico wrote:

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - Sepultura written on a bedroom wall and later on a bathroom wall as well.

Alice Cooper stars as Freddy's dad also.

Nico wrote:

Happy Gilmore - The title character shows up to a formal gathering sporting an AC/DC T-shirt.

Adam Sandler's grandmother dress up in a Gene Simmons mask to make him feel better.

Did we mention ZZ Top in Back to the Future 3, and also Michael J. Fox mentions Van Halen in the first movie, I think. He is a guitar player, and plays a solo at a school prom.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

In one of the Fletcher movies Chevy Chase uses the alias Ted Nugent
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

kmorg wrote:
Nico wrote:

Alice Cooper stars as Freddy's dad also.

Nico wrote:

Adam Sandler's grandmother dress up in a Gene Simmons mask to make him feel better.

Did we mention ZZ Top in Back to the Future 3, and also Michael J. Fox mentions Van Halen in the first movie, I think. He is a guitar player, and plays a solo at a school prom.

When Marty (as Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan Laughing ) plays a guitar solo on his Walkman to wake up George McFly, the cassette is labeled "Eddie Van Halen".

And Huey Lewis has a small cameo in the 1st BTTF movie as a teacher that tells Marty and his band The Pinheads that "Sorry boys, you're just too darn loud". The Pinheads audution by playing an intrumental version of Huey Lewis & the News 'Power of Love'.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Just ran across another one today. In Hatchet II, the heroine is talking to her uncle while wearing a Twisted Sister shirt.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:33 am

Fire in the Sky-there is a scene with a guy wearing a Aerosmith t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 am

Oooo,
I just remembered Twisted Sister in Pee-Wee Herman's Great Adventure. That scene is really cool, as TS are shooting a video for "Burn In Hell", a song that never even had a music video!

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next