Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAGA original vocalist back in the band

Go down 
+8
James B.
stepcousin
A Handful of Wayne
chewie
Fat Freddy
Sinistar
bassman
manny
12 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

SAGA original vocalist back in the band Empty
PostSubject: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I have no idea how many SAGA fans are on this board but here is the latest:

Frontman Michael Sadler has returned to Saga.

Sadler quit the band in at the end of 2007 for personal reasons, being replaced by Rob Moratti. Now he’s back alongside guitarist Ian Crichton, keyboard player Jim Gilmour, bassist Jim Crichton and drummer Brian Doerner.

Expect more news soon on both a new album and tour.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Love Saga, very under-rated band. Somehow never really got the respect they deserved. Good news about the singer and possible tour. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news!
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 pm

I saw Saga open for Pat Benatar in 1982.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 pm

I know next to nothing about this band other than the track "On the Loose," which still gets play occasionally on the local classic-rock station around here.

Over at the Heavy Harmonies board, however, where I also post (the user base there skews more towards AOR and hard rock), I bet this news will be greeted by a tidal wave of joyous wee-wee. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Joyous wee-wee? SAGA original vocalist back in the band 798255
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

I've always liked this band and think Sadler is an excellent vocalist and keyboard player. Good news indeed!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm

I saw this yesturday. I really liked the last album and the vocalist as well but I like a lot of their stuff so I hope the next album is as good as the last.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 pm

I recently bought "World's Apart" on vinyl for .50 cents. First Saga I ever owned. I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

They are another band who have really cool album covers especially:

SAGA original vocalist back in the band Saga_images_at_twilight-2391437-1195042794
Images at Twilight(This one is Super Cool!)

SAGA original vocalist back in the band Saga_silent_knight-2374166-1195042836
and Silent Knight.

Those covers made me curious as to what was going on inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 am

Those are rad covers. The only song I know is "Turn Me Loose".

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 am

detuned wrote:

Hey Shawn, do you mean "On The Loose" ? Too many bong tokes huh

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

detuned wrote:

Except, that would be a Loverboy song...not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference). Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 am

I meant "On The Loose". I would never insult a group by comparing them to Loverboy.

Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm

detuned wrote:
I meant "On The Loose". I would never insult a group by comparing them to Loverboy.

hey now, don't be doggin' Loverboy! Them's fightin' words! angry SAGA original vocalist back in the band 12087 SAGA original vocalist back in the band 430996 SAGA original vocalist back in the band 47715 SAGA original vocalist back in the band 505193
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 pm

On The Loose is the only Saga track I've ever heard. Those covers are pretty rad though.

Loverboy still sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

Like some here, I was only really familar with "On the Loose". Haven't heard anything about them in years. Was suprised to hear they were still together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 am

I recently saw the video for On The Loose on VH1 Classics. I've always loved that song. I need to get Worlds Apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAGA original vocalist back in the band   SAGA original vocalist back in the band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAGA original vocalist back in the band
Page 1 of 1