Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cathedral

Go down 
+15
Leatherface
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
nevermore
GrandNational
outofstep
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
mc666
Hamer12
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yeah, I spent a day there once with two college buddies before I left for Africa. Saw a movie there in an old style theater. We saw The Fifth Element. I always passed close by Parkersburg on the way to and fro on 77 when I was in college.....near the Ohio River...nice!

Yes. I miss it. But Florida isn't completely terrible. (or is it?) Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:52 am

I was about to make a new topic on Cathedral-Ethereal Mirror but I thought I'd check the archives. My first intro to them was the music video for Ride (my favorite track on the album) on Headbanger's Ball. I soon got the album and it has been one of my favorites from my early metal years. For some reason I never got any other Cathedral albums but after listening to EM last night I want to get more. Can anybody recommend albums on par with EM so I can add them to my ever growing want list?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:03 am

Carnival Bizarre
Soul Sacrifice EP

For pure doom pick up Forest of Equilibrium

The others are questionable I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:03 am

I like the "Hopkins, The Witchfinder General" EP a lot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like the "Hopkins, The Witchfinder General" EP a lot.

I actually heard the title track (saw the music video) on that EP. It was on one of my Monsters Of Metal DVDs. I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:23 am

I dusted off THE ETHEREAL MIRROR for the first time in quite awhile today and I'm a-groovin'! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 am

Love Ethereal Mirror. My first introduction was this music video on Headbanger's Ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3fNu6Va4vI
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Love Ethereal Mirror. My first introduction was this music video on Headbanger's Ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3fNu6Va4vI

Oh yea, that's a good 'un. A club I used to hang out at (Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ) back in the early 90s used to play this video a lot on their big video screen in between bands. It must've been some kind of promotional video compilation, I remember seeing Fight's "Little Crazy" and Alice Cooper's "Lost In America" video all the time too. (They must've only had one tape to play between bands...haha.) Anyway, after seeing "Ride" a bunch of times at various shows it finally got me to go out and buy the CD.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

I only have Soul Sacrifice, but I do want to pick up thier debut sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:43 am

Cathedral, what a great band. I have never been let down by this band. All their releases are great. However with the latest release "The Guessing Game" they made their best effort to date. It's a combination of their previous work combined with some new elements. Massive record!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:07 am

I look forward to getting a copy of The Guessing Game. I haven't heard a note, but it's gotten some very good reviews. Cathedral is one of my favorite doom bands. Probably because they were my introduction to the genre (aside from Sabbath of course)

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Despite the fact that I absolutly love The Ethereal Mirror, I have never gotten anything else from Dorian and his band. I might have to order the new album since it's getting such good reviews.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:09 pm

The new album is a little strange but its good. The album before that, I haven't listened to the whole thing but I think its my favorite so far.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I like the first album, but unfortunately I find the rest of their substantial catalog to be rather... errr... crappy. Laughing Oh well, to each his own right?
Back to top Go down

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:36 pm

The Carnival Bizarre & Caravan Beyond Redemption are both pretty solid, the remainder of the catalog is spotty at best.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:05 am

detuned wrote:
The Carnival Bizarre & Caravan Beyond Redemption are both pretty solid, the remainder of the catalog is spotty at best.

I think all their albums are spotty. They need to just put out their (best of) and that will be all you'll need.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:59 am

BLASPHEMERS!!! ALL OF YOU!!

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:01 am

I've always tried to be a Blasphemer, glad I succeeded.

Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:06 am

detuned wrote:
I've always tried to be a Blasphemer, glad I succeeded.

Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_razz

I'm sending God's Warrior over there to straighten your ass out, mister.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 am

Cathedral Endtyme question:

I just got this album and towards the end of track 4, 'Whores to Oblivion', there is this weird feedback that kinda creeps in, gets louder, then suddenly stops as soon as track 5 begins, like it was done on purpose.

I played the track over a coupla times and it does it consistantly and the disc itself is flawless, no marks or scratches.

Is that feedback/noise part of the recording or did I get a bum disc?

Cathedral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathedral   Cathedral - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cathedral
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2