Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
Addy
Ricky
exact33
bassman
tohostudios
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

I love stuff like this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110117/wl_asia_afp/japansciencemammoth_20110117104445
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:46 pm

They tell us cow farts cause global warming and they want to bring mammoths back? Have they really thought this through? How much gas do you think the average mammoth produces in a day? This cannot possibly end well IMO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm

I had similar first thoughts.

What possible extinct diseases could a cloned mammoth bring back?

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 pm

It's intiguing but also a little scary. How long until humans are cloned is what comes to my mind.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
It's intiguing but also a little scary. How long until humans are cloned is what comes to my mind.

Imagine a whole continent full of TheKing clones!!!! headbanger

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Imagine a whole continent full of TheKing clones!!!! Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth 11840

The mind boggles. Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth 798255
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 pm

seems they could find more important things to do
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 am

Ricky wrote:
seems they could find more important things to do

Maybe they should put some of this scientific genius to work keeping the cast of Jersey Shore from EVER breeding and passing on those inferior genetics.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Imagine a whole continent full of TheKing clones!!!! Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth 11840

The mind boggles. Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth 798255

now I am surprised at you - the music selection would be great!!

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 am

Fascinating

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 am

Those wacky Japanese scientists. First they invent a human-looking female sex robot and now this. Shouldn't they be trying to cure cancer or something? Sheesh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 am

Guess they needed something new to trample on Tokyo.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

tohostudios wrote:
Guess they needed something new to trample on Tokyo.

"AAAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEE! IS MAMMOTH-ZILLA!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:52 am

I thought it was another Japanese Van Halen tribute band after reading the topic Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am

Did these people learn nothing from watching 'Jurassic Park'? No good can come from this. They are extinct for a reason.

Let's work on time travel and flying cars instead. Or one of those teleportation doo-hickeys from Star Trek. Something I can use.

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

It would be hilarious if the Mammoth ran amok in Japan. Toho would probably have a seizure he'd be so happy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm

As I type this, someone over at the SciFy (however the f*ck they spell it now) is writing the screenplay where the mammoth is being spliced with a giant winged lizard or something to fight the Sharktopus.

Quick, get Deborah Gibson on the phone!!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Did these people learn nothing from watching 'Jurassic Park'? No good can come from this. They are extinct for a reason.

If the mammoth would trample or eat lawyers - I say bring it back!!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, I'm with you on the "less lawyers" agenda, no problems there. However there's certainly better, more cost-effective (albeit less hilarious) ways to deplete the lawyer population. But that raises even more ethics questioning than the whole cloning issue.

Why can't they clone something useful, like the dodo bird? I hear they're delicious. And eggs the size of footballs. Imagine a Denver omlet that can feed a family of 12.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, I'm with you on the "less lawyers" agenda, no problems there. However there's certainly better, more cost-effective (albeit less hilarious) ways to deplete the lawyer population. But that raises even more ethics questioning than the whole cloning issue.

Why can't they clone something useful, like the dodo bird? I hear they're delicious. And eggs the size of footballs. Imagine a Denver omlet that can feed a family of 12.

I am thinking of the Weird Al song 'I Think I'm a Clone Now' Smile

I would be nice to see ways to clone to provide food relief or even material relief.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Let us hope they don't make a "mammoth" adult movie

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm

James B. wrote:
Let us hope they don't make a "mammoth" adult movie

they dont need clones for that Smile

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Let's work on time travel and flying cars instead. Or one of those teleportation doo-hickeys from Star Trek. Something I can use.

I don't think you want one of those teleportation things, wasn't it explained that it creates a carbon copy of yourself with same memories, and destroys the old you? So you actually get killed, but everyone else thinks it's the same you. So if that's what is really happening, then they've already figured out the cloning process.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:50 am

Oh God, I hope they succeed!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 am

What the heck is that avatar SM74?

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth   Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Attempt To Clone Mammoth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next