Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Distortion

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Sabbath In Solitude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I know its weird but it is Lyle Steadham's (Count Lyle of Ghoultown now) fault,I was hanging out at his place one day and saw a SD poster on his wall.I silently wondered why one of the coolest lyricists in Epic Doom had such a thing, and started checking the band out.I got hooked by Mike Ness unique vocals and guitar tone,maybe its the Southern in me,just something about that sound.....anyone else
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:05 pm

I like Social D. Their cover of Ring Of Fire rules.

In fact, that whole S/T is a great album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Love these guys. Another one of the few punk bands that I'm really into. All their stuff is cool, but I'm more partial to the later, more rockabilly stuff. Mike Ness' solo albums are awesome too. Great live performers too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

What I've heard of Ness' solo stuff is too rockabilly for me. I like the mix of rockabilly and punk in Social D's output better.

Same thing with Jason and the Scorchers, The Long Ryders and a host of other bands. I dig the countrified punk sound.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What I've heard of Ness' solo stuff is too rockabilly for me. I like the mix of rockabilly and punk in Social D's output better.

Same thing with Jason and the Scorchers, The Long Ryders and a host of other bands. I dig the countrified punk sound.

Yea, he really goes more country/rockabilly/blues on his solo stuff and sorta downplays the punk aspect. The attitude's still there though.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Cool,finally some other fans,yeah,just like to hear that sound sometimes,Ness has such unique vocals and that guitar sound is just so cool,like someone else said,I don't like the "punk" sound much,mainly Crashdog and Scaterd Few,but whatever you want to call the sound,its great ! Ness solo stuff is a cool compliment to a SD ,but easier to get into if you can dig old classic country like Hank williams Sr,and his peers.......
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:10 pm

They're pretty good. Ness is a good songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Social D is cool and everything, but The Vandals are better at that southern and rockabilly marriage with punk IMO. Blood on the saddle is pretty rad as well, check them out if you havnt heard.
Back to top Go down

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:54 pm

One of my favorite bands. Want me to post to picture of me and Mike Ness?

Again.

lol!

And Ghoultown is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Alright with me, I was fortunate enough to have seen them play a couple of times,the second show was the most memorable,some little scum was messing with a girl at the front and Ness threatened to kick his ass if he didn't quit the shite.Thats one of the things I like about them,they are real ,not mall brat "packaged rebellion"

shh,don't tell Lyle,but I still have not heard them (Ghoultown) yet
Back to top Go down

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Again.

lol!

I hope you're wearing a brightly colored shirt in the picture.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Again.

lol!

I hope you're wearing a brightly colored shirt in the picture.

His pimp daddy shirts and goofy smile make me want to duct tape my ass cheeks together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Social Distortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social Distortion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: