Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13

Go down 
+15
Eyesore
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Infinite
mc666
Dark Horseman
Lurideath
DevZor
manny
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Empty
PostSubject: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:35 am

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Distortion-field-cover

New Album - The Distortion Field out via FRW Music. July 16th in North America and July 26th in Europe
Chicago metal legends TROUBLE return with their first album since 'Simple Mind Condition', released in 2007. The album entitled 'The Distortion Field' features 13 tracks and will be released by FRW Music in North America on July 16th 2013 and in Europe on July 26th, 2013.

'The Distortion Field' makes history in the TROUBLE camp through the band's acquisition of a new lead vocalist, Kyle Thomas of Exorder and Floodgate fame.

Commenting on new vocalist Thomas, TROUBLE founder and guitarist Rick Wartell says, "Kyle is one of the most impressive singers I've ever heard, and by far the most extraordinary singer I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He's got incredible range, incredible power, and an incredible knowledge of TROUBLE, as he's been a fan for 20-something years. We've known him forever, and he innately understands what TROUBLE is about. He's like the perfect guy to come in and do this job. It's awesome."

Veteran Music Producer Bill Metoyer is once again lending his expertise, having previously worked with the band on 'The Skull' and 'Trouble', both Metal Blade releases.

"Musically, I think this album is a true TROUBLE record.", states Wartell. "In the early days, we used to just write what we felt and didn't really care about what anyone said. We just wrote heavy riffs and played our music our way. But outside influences can kind of get a hold of you and start telling you what to do. When we were writing this album, the thinking was, we don't care what anybody thinks. We're going to write what we write. So this is basically a return to our roots, while combining some reflections of our band's long history as well. With the two different music writers, Bruce and myself, we have a slight variation in our writing; Bruce has more of a '70s groove to his writing, and I'm more the old school doomy metal thing. And when you put it together, you get TROUBLE."

Track Listing:
Sink or Swim
Paranoid Conspiracy
Glass of Lies
The Gray Chill of Autumn
When the Sky Comes Down
Butterflies
Your Reflection
Have I Told You
The Apple From the Snake
Hunters of Doom
Sucker
The Broken Have Spoken

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:40 am

Meh. I'm just glad Kory Clarke isn't on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:43 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Meh. I'm just glad Kory Clarke isn't on it.

Me too... and that's coming from Kory Clarke Fanboy Numero Uno. He was simply a terrible fit for them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

This will piss off Pelata, but while it's not a terrible cover by any means (except maybe that terrible font for the title), it's VERY reminiscent of the last Metal Church cover.

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 This-Present-Wasteland-by-Metal-Church_9Z-FN597suQx_full
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
This will piss off Pelata, but while it's not a terrible cover by any means (except maybe that terrible font for the title), it's VERY reminiscent of the last Metal Church cover.
TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 This-Present-Wasteland-by-Metal-Church_9Z-FN597suQx_full

Laughing very hard This similarity also occurred to me. I wonder if they used the same artist.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:58 am

I have mixed feelings - I am sure I will pick it up..... but would rather hear Eric singing on it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:14 am

I too am curious to hear the new guy. He was more of a harsh screamer in Exhorder. I want to hear him singing. I'm sure I'll get this one regardless. I enjoyed Simple Mind Condition very much.

Quote :
This similarity also occurred to me. I wonder if they used the same artist.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Metal Church cover fan-submitted (re:FREE) artwork? Maybe the same guy just re-jiggered his old submission. Razz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:32 am

I would be more excited if the original vocalist was on it, but I am sure I will give it a shot at some point
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Whoo!!! New trouble! And it's got a real tangible release date, I am stoked. I'm also really curious to hear the new guy, I hope he brings back the older haunting vibes of trouble. I'm actually kind of glad Eric is t singing, anything I've heard from him (relatively) recently just doesn't sound very good. His voice was always shaky, it fit the musica well, but there was really no room for it to degrade at all. I don't think trouble could survive with him at this point.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Looking fwd to this!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude toward this one. Without Eric or Jeff my interest dips considerably, though I'm such a big fan of the Wartell/Franklin guitar tandem that I'm still curious to see what they come up with.

They have no bass player listed on their website so I'm assuming one of the guitarists filled in for the recording.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:04 pm

^ I'm copying S.D.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:36 am

S.D. wrote:
I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude toward this one. Without Eric or Jeff my interest dips considerably, though I'm such a big fan of the Wartell/Franklin guitar tandem that I'm still curious to see what they come up with.

They have no bass player listed on their website so I'm assuming one of the guitarists filled in for the recording.
I think Kyle will surprise you. The album he did with Floodgate makes me think he will handle this with class.

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:52 am

Yeah, that might work just fine. I just have a hard time imagining Trouble without Eric because he is so distinctive. It will most definitely be better than having Kory on vocals...hell, ANYONE would be better than having Kory on vocals! Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:36 am

S.D. wrote:
I just have a hard time imagining Trouble without Eric because he is so distinctive.
I totally get that! That would be like me trying to understand a Slayer without Tom Araya. It would be inconceivable to me.

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:10 am

mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I just have a hard time imagining Trouble without Eric because he is so distinctive.
I totally get that! That would be like me trying to understand a Slayer without Tom Araya. It would be inconceivable to me.

Tom is completely in a class by himself and you're right, it just wouldn't be Slayer without him.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:07 am

This is actually the second time Kyle Thomas has been a member of Trouble. They hired him back in the late 90's when Eric bailed (or was kicked out... I can't remember).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:13 am

mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I think Kyle will surprise you. The album he did with Floodgate makes me think he will handle this with class.

Never heard Floodgate. I like that.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Gives me hope, that sounds really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Here is a 3-song sampler from "The Distortion Field"

https://soundcloud.com/decibel-streaming/sets/trouble-the-distortion-field
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm good thanks! It's not the singer, he sounds fine, just three very mediocre songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Dammit dammit dammit...no speakers on this PC... will have to wait till I get home :cheese: 

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dammit dammit dammit...no speakers on this PC... will have to wait till I get home :cheese: 

Yep - me too.....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 pm

That 3 song sampler sounds great!!! Love those tunes!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Oh hells yeah!! I'm likin' what I hear!! headbanger 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next