Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volbeat anyone?

Go down 
+22
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
Wrecked Neck
jettafiend
Shawn Of Fire
metalwolf
Telmorn Altayon
EvyMetal
Grundapants
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
ghost
mez
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
labrekk
Ben Grimm
Mglaffas81
maper74
MetalRob331
325ad
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:57 am

I don't really listen to Life of Agony, but just on first passing of this band the singer sounded like Keith. To me, that's all :^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:55 am

sign

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:32 pm

i am a metalfan that likes everything from europe an survivor all trough cradle of filth and amon amarth.
but volbeat i did not get until recently.
at first i thought this kind of music sucks and was to trendy for me, but recently trough youtube i saw the live performance from 'still counting' and... hallelujah i saw the light and i felt in love with this band.
i bought the 'caddilacs' cd and in a few weeks i got all four cd's and the dvd of course and really like it a whole lot its a bit different but souns fresh and inspiring i think.
i also seem to notice that this band not really considert metal by many..but who cares it rocks!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 am

I am just now coming around to Volbeat. My son is a huge fan and got me into the first 2 albums. The vocals take some getting used to...but I am digging them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:47 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wheres a good place to get their cds besides amazon? everythings a little pricey at the moment.

Yea, that's the only thing keeping me away from a purchase. They're all on the pricey side, even used. I'd like to get me some Volbeat.

I hear the similarities to that Life of Agony guy girl. A little Danzig too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm sorry it's taken me soooo long to finally get something from these guys. I recently picked up their first 3 and love every one. Been spinning them all weekend and all day today. Great stuff. Now I just need their latest. I love the combo of old Metallica and Social Distortion.

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wheres a good place to get their cds besides amazon? everythings a little pricey at the moment.

My local Best Buy has all 4 of their albums for $9.99 each. Deluxe version were more of course, but $10 bucks I could do.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I am a recent convert to the Volbeat camp as well, but I really dig the vocal and musical style. I gave them a pass for quite a while because the people that suggested them to me are heavy into alternative and modern rock. I really like these guys quite a bit. I don't get the vocal comparisons at all, not being really familiar with LOA. To me it sounds like he has some shared similarity with Mike Ness' style of tone and delivery.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 am

Bump for new album coming April 9th...

Quote :
VOLBEAT's fifth album, "Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies", will be released on April 9 (one day earlier internationally) via Spinefarm/Universal Music.

Says Poulsen: "Half of the album tracks will take you into the world of outlaw gunslinger stories sometime in the 1800s. Some of the characters are true legends, while others are fiction. The listener will hear inspiration from classic spaghetti western movies which gives you a clue to the album title and cover artwork."

He adds: "We are still ‘rocking out’ in the studio, and working on the last details. We are very excited about this album. We feel that we’ve achieved the goals we set out. The heavy stuff on the album is perhaps more old-school heavy riffs than earlier, and the rock songs rock out with tons of melodies and take us into unchartered territory. All that without losing the VOLBEAT sound that is the cornerstone of our band."

volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Volbeatoutlawcd

Someone please move this back to the land of the living. Thanks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 pm

headbanger

Add this my want-list immediately.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 11:44 am

Bumping for new song. Well, I guess it's technically a song at :39 seconds.

These guys have been slowing losing me with their change to more radio-friendly fare, but I think this one takes the cake. This sounds like some kinda weird power-punk from the 90's. WTF, Volbeat?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Never understood why they got so much love to begin with. I've heard very few songs I like from them. I did see them live once opening for Megadeth, if memory serves, and they really put on a great show with lots of energy. I just don't get what is so special about them musically.

Oh, and you're right, that new song is really terrible.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I like them a lot, and I always did hear the Life of Agony thing as well.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Well, I've liked them until that song which sounds like they listened to Blink before writing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Never understood why they got so much love to begin with. I've heard very few songs I like from them. I did see them live once opening for Megadeth, if memory serves, and they really put on a great show with lots of energy. I just don't get what is so special about them musically.

Their first two albums are badass, man! They're straight up metal albums with, like, old-school English punk influence. When their popularity grew, pop punk started creeping in and the metal influence flip-flopped with that pop punk stuff.

Luckily I like punk, so I'm cool with it, but I do wish they'd go back to the older style. =(
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 2:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Their first two albums are badass, man! They're straight up metal albums with, like, old-school English punk influence. When their popularity grew, pop punk started creeping in and the metal influence flip-flopped with that pop punk stuff.

Luckily I like punk, so I'm cool with it, but I do wish they'd go back to the older style. =(
I like punk too, but still can't get into this band. Not sure which CD I used to own of theirs, but maybe I'll give the first couple albums a listen on YouTube. The one I bought, I ended up throwing out the window of my truck soon after I bought it lol
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 8:08 pm

They're ok by the coaches standards, decent. Kinda popish like a cross between a 50's Doo Wopp band and the Misfits. I understand how people like them , they got a beat and you can dance to it. Not my type of thing. but give them props for working with Kreator and King Diamond.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 10:30 am

I don't mind some power pop punk every now and then, but I just don't care for it coming from Volbeat. I started noticing a gradual shift to their sound going back to the Outlaw Gentlemen album.

Their early albums had a metallic crunch to them. They started drifting to a more (for lack of a better term) radio-friendly hard rock sound. I really liked the band, so I was willing to give them a pass on it. But the trend continued with the next album, Seal the Deal.... And so far, this shift seems to continue on this new one.

That's fine if that's what the band wants to do. I just don't think I want to be a part of it.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bumping for new song. Well, I guess it's technically a song at :39 seconds.

These guys have been slowing losing me with their change to more radio-friendly fare, but I think this one takes the cake. This sounds like some kinda weird power-punk from the 90's. WTF, Volbeat?

I hear the pop-punk sound in it, but really, it sounds more like Andrew WK to me (The "Party Hard" guy).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 6:19 pm

From what I’ve heard of Volbeat, I’m not a fan.

But I do like the first few Life of Agony albums, which have that similar vocal style. I guess the difference is the songwriting.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 9:51 pm

labrekk wrote:
Volbeat just rules.  I like all their albums and I really hope to have the chance to see them live someday.

My friend saw them live recently, and said they put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 10:57 am

Another new tune...

Better than that last tune, but I dunno. I just think I'm gonna be disappointed again.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm

They've lost what made them stand out, this is pretty generic.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
They've lost what made them stand out, this is pretty generic.

Yup. It's good, but it's no longer unique outside of the vocals. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volbeat anyone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2