Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie

Go down 
+7
Gilbert
Olafsto
DevZor
journeyman
scottmitchell74
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Empty
PostSubject: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:43 am

Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie - June 3rd

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Volbeatsealthedealcdbiggernew_638

01. The Devil's Bleeding Crown
02. Marie Laveau
03. The Bliss
04. The Gates of Babylon
05. Let It Burn
06. Black Rose
07. Rebound
08. Mary Jane Kelly
09. Goodbye Forever
10. Seal The Deal
11. Battleship Chains
12. You Will Know
13. The Loa's Crossroad

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:45 am

Sounds cool enough. I like these guys, even if their last one was a bit of a clunker, so I'm sure I'll pick this one sooner or later.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 12:00 pm

You think Battleship Chains is a Georgia Satellites cover?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't know. I took this info from Blabbermouth and there is no mention of it, although Volbeat is prone to throw a cover or 2 on their albums.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 5:03 am

Love, love, love their last one, so I'm excited about this. Woo!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:20 am

Looking forward to this. Their last was my introduction and I liked it.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 2:15 pm

I actually found outlaw gentlemen and shady ladies to be a very infectious listen. More polished than their previous records, but still hooky as all get out.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:17 am

That new song is great! I think their last one was ok, but not their best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 6:07 am

Song is ok. Not a big fan though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:33 am

I recently revisited their last album and my opinion of it hasn't really changed much from 2013...

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm thinking this disc is gonna earn a spot on "The Biggest Disappointments of 2013".

I've been giving it plenty of airtime since I got it and it's just not grabbing me with anything great. I feel like the band has been neutered. Their past albums have been "metal" with a few rockers thrown in to the mix. This new album is hard rock with 3 or 4 tracks that are metal. And to me, that's a disappointment.

It's really mediocre until the 6th track (the King Diamond one) kicks it up a notch. After that, it falls back to some decent rock tracks, but no crunchy guitars or double-bass drumming until tracks 10 or 11.

It's really not a bad or unlistenable album. No mistaking it's Volbeat. And it's a good rock record, but a little too radio-friendly for me. I miss their older metal sound. And no cover tunes this time around either. They've always put a cool spin on covers in the past, but allas, none to be found here.

I suppose this new direction is working for the band. They cracked the Top 10 Billboard charts (#9 in the US), so I'm happy for them if that get's them some recognition and raises their profile. I just don't see this album being one that I go to very often if I want to hear some Volbeat. It's gonna linger around the bottom of their discography for me.

One last thing, like so many other bands these days, I think this disc suffers from being 3 or 4 tracks too long. Instead of boring us with filler, leave the listener wanting more. 10 or so tracks around 35-45 minutes is plenty.

While I'd like this new album to get a little more "metal", I'm not getting my hopes up. If the formula for the last one worked out well for them, I expect them to follow that trend, whether I like it or not.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 5:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie - June 3rd

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Volbeatsealthedealcdbiggernew_638

01. The Devil's Bleeding Crown
02. Marie Laveau
03. The Bliss
04. The Gates of Babylon
05. Let It Burn
06. Black Rose
07. Rebound
08. Mary Jane Kelly
09. Goodbye Forever
10. Seal The Deal
11. Battleship Chains
12. You Will Know
13. The Loa's Crossroad

Ahem.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie This-monkey-is-disappointed-in-you.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:54 am

Wow, that's...that's just shameful.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 3:31 am

Juuuuuuuust saying...

I love that Nickelback tune, actually.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:23 am

Well that's a complete ripoff.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 10:47 am

If they're ripping off Nickelback tunes, it's my fear stemming from the last album that's becoming a reality for Volbeat. They're polishing up their sound for radio-friendly acceptability.

I get it. It's hard to make money in the music industry and they are finding a way to claw their way onto a Clear Channel playlist and get some notoriety. Sadly, I don't think it's a journey I want to take with them.

Good luck, fellas. Call me in a few years when you're yesterday's news and you're putting out an album that "takes us back to our roots".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 11:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If they're ripping off Nickelback tunes, it's my fear stemming from the last album that's becoming a reality for Volbeat. They're polishing up their sound for radio-friendly acceptability.

I get it. It's hard to make money in the music industry and they are finding a way to claw their way onto a Clear Channel playlist and get some notoriety. Sadly, I don't think it's a journey I want to take with them.

Good luck, fellas. Call me in a few years when you're yesterday's news and you're putting out an album that "takes us back to our roots".

I don't think they blatantly copied Nickelback. It's a simple song structure that kind of writes itself once you play it, you know. But yeah, they have definitely softened a bit. I don't mind the mellower, more poppy songs, because they've had those before. But those older songs also had heavier parts, which is why the band was so unique. A pop/punk song that goes straight into full-on 80s metal seamlessly, you know. Now, it's just a pop/punk song. Not bad, but no longer unique.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:44 am

Quote :
Now, it's just a pop/punk song.

I guess. Nothing wrong with that for a pop/punk band. Unfortunately that's not a quality I'm looking for when I want to hear Volbeat.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 11:15 am

No additional info yet, but Best Buy will feature an exclusive 2-disc version of this album for those interested.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Well that's a complete ripoff.

Sounding like another song for a mere 5 seconds, isn't ripping off. If anything, it's riffing off Wink
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 am

Best Buy will have this tomorrow with four bonus tracks, three studio, one live.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes it is. A rather uninspired straight-up cover. It's not that drastically different from the original.

EDIT: Track 7, 'Rebound' is apparently a cover as well by the pop/punk band Teenage Bottlerocket.

As for the rest of the album, it's a decent rock album. Most of their metal edges have been completely buffed clean. I was afraid of this happening after their last album. Out of the 13 tracks, only one song 'Seal the Deal', could be categorized as metal. Maybe the last track too. Kinda.

It sounds like Volbeat, no question. And it's pretty catchy. But they've changed their sound from the older days. Whether that's a good thing or bad is completely up to the ears of the listener. If you liked the last album, there is no reason not to like this one too. Perhaps I'll warm up to this one over time as well.

I have not listened to the bonus tracks yet.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes it is. A rather uninspired straight-up cover. It's not that drastically different from the original.

EDIT: Track 7, 'Rebound' is apparently a cover as well by the pop/punk band Teenage Bottlerocket.

As for the rest of the album, it's a decent rock album. Most of their metal edges have been completely buffed clean. I was afraid of this happening after their last album. Out of the 13 tracks, only one song 'Seal the Deal', could be categorized as metal. Maybe the last track too. Kinda.

It sounds like Volbeat, no question. And it's pretty catchy. But they've changed their sound from the older days. Whether that's a good thing or bad is completely up to the ears of the listener. If you liked the last album, there is no reason not to like this one too. Perhaps I'll warm up to this one over time as well.

I hear the metal edges in there, it's the super clean production that kind of wipes it away IMO. This is probably their catchiest album to date, which for most fans, that means it's Radio Friendly...

Volbeat has always written catchy songs!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah, the metal is basically gone. It's their in spirit, I guess, but unlike in the past when they weaved fully in and out of different styles, they're firmly rooted in a more pop punk style now, only brushing up against other styles.

The bonus tracks are useless. Two alternate versions of songs on the main album, a live track, and a short instrumental that'll just piss you off. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:28 pm

I had originally planned to skip this release for the time being as I was not impressed with the tracks I heard, but long-story-short, my wife ended up getting this for me. So for free, it's good enough. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie   Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volbeat - Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next