Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volbeat anyone?

Go down 
+22
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
Wrecked Neck
jettafiend
Shawn Of Fire
metalwolf
Telmorn Altayon
EvyMetal
Grundapants
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
ghost
mez
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
labrekk
Ben Grimm
Mglaffas81
maper74
MetalRob331
325ad
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Any fans? I know it's not the classical metal band, but i kind of dig them
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm

I generally like Dutch stuff, but these guys do nothing for me. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 pm

One of my favorite bands..These guys are so original and refreshing. I highly recommend anything by them!!

Also check around, there are some threads out there on these guys...
Back to top Go down
maper74
Metal novice
Metal novice
maper74

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:16 pm

They rock, HARD!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm

325ad wrote:
I generally like Dutch stuff, but these guys do nothing for me. \'arry \'eadbanger

They're danish, by the way

I haven't heard much, but the little I've heard I have really enjoyed - they're quite original. And awesome vocals!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Excellent band!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Volbeat just rules. I like all their albums and I really hope to have the chance to see them live someday.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

I heard a tune from the new album. Have they always had some death growls in their music or is this something new? Can't say I cared much for it. I'm not real familair with them overall, just heard a few tunes here and there.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I heard a tune from the new album. Have they always had some death growls in their music or is this something new? Can't say I cared much for it. I'm not real familair with them overall, just heard a few tunes here and there.

Nope, it's their one and only song with growls (courtesy of Barney from Napalm Death), and I really hope it's also the last. Talk of a way to ruin an otherwise good song....

The other song with extreme vox, 7 Shots (with Mille from Kreator) is fine, the harsher vox fits the song and doesn't detract it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah, the death growls don't really fit. At least those death growls. They're lifeless. No pun intended.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 pm

I like these guys, there is something about them that reminds me of Life of Agony (River Runs Red) album era, and some Mike Patton in that mix as well. I have all 4 albums and enjoy them as one of the fewer new bands I actually like.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Really? I hear no River Runs Red (brilliant album!) in this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:05 am

Eyesore wrote:

When i first heard Volbeat I instantly thought of Keiths vocals. Thats the only explanation I can come up with...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 am

I have only 'Beyond Hell/Above Heaven' and 'Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood' from them but I love both.

By the way for all who like Volbeat it might be worth to check out LOONATIKK
as well

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

When i first heard Volbeat I instantly thought of Keiths vocals. Thats the only explanation I can come up with...
But...he doesn't sound like Keith at all. Haha. Yeah, his singing voice is a bit deeper than most vocalists' voices, but the tone is all wrong for comparisons to Caputo.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm not very familiar with this band. I've only heard a couple of tracks but they didn't keep me interested enough to want to check out more.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 am

Anyone ever heard Dominus? It was Volbeat's singer's previous band:

Videos in order of their four albums. Sounds pretty bad-ass to me. Well...maybe not that first album. Seems like they evolved dramatically over the course of their albums, from old school death metal to death and roll to something more like Volbeat, and then to a groovy thrash style. Weird.

Notice the name of the album in that third clip. Pretty cool, though. Gonna have to find some of these.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 am

I don't see the comparison with Keiths voice either. I'd say the band Dommin has a similar style voice to Keith Caputo/Danzig. Another great band BTW.

I don't own any Volbeat but I kind of like what I have heard. Whats some good songs? Post them up.

I almost played a show with these guys a few months back but it ended up getting cancelled.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't see the comparison with Keiths voice either. I'd say the band Dommin has a similar style voice to Keith Caputo/Danzig. Another great band BTW.

I don't own any Volbeat but I kind of like what I have heard. Whats some good songs? Post them up.

I almost played a show with these guys a few months back but it ended up getting cancelled.

That should cover it. If you don't dig that, you won't dig Volbeat.
Back to top Go down
Grundapants
Metal novice
Metal novice
Grundapants

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:09 pm

i have only recently started listening to these guys but i do really like them....i love the guitar tone! definately worth a listen!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:13 pm

I like it all until his vocals start
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

That should cover it. If you don't dig that, you won't dig Volbeat.

Awesome! headbanger

That last song has a lot of Metallica influences in it even with his voice.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Wheres a good place to get their cds besides amazon? everythings a little pricey at the moment.

Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:42 am

They are pretty interesting. Very heavy with vocals that sound like the singer from "Life of Agony" I think his name is Keith Caputo. In fact it might be that guy lol. I know it is not that guy, but that is what it sounds like.

Interesting stuff...

@ Phoenix Reign Drummer: I love the F'n image you have with Scorpion LMAO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 am

He sounds nothing like Keith Caputo. No way. Totally different tone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volbeat anyone?   volbeat - Volbeat anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volbeat anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next