Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VOLBEAT (New Album)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

VOLBEAT (New Album) Empty
PostSubject: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Volbeat will be releasing their new album "Beyond Hell Above Heaven" 9/29..

Volbeat continues to put out consistent music that borders all kinds of genres. This is one release I cant wait to get my hands on. Very underrated band!!!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

I have the one called something like "The Songs, The Sound and ...."

As I remember, it was OK but was so all over the place musically that it seemed sort of incoherent. Maybe they've improved?

I will say they definitely are different.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:

As I remember, it was OK but was so all over the place musically that it seemed sort of incoherent. Maybe they've improved?

But they are all over the place, which is part of their charm. They go from playing balls-out heavy metal to pop punk. Sometimes within the same song. It's fantastic.

How can you not love that?

Anyway, I downloaded the new album. Who knows when I find it around here. Though, surprisingly, I did just find the latest by The Coral. So we'll see. The new one has a wicked heavy tune, and then another with almost death metal vocals. It's nuts. Killer stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

But they are all over the place, which is part of their charm. They go from playing balls-out heavy metal to pop punk. Sometimes within the same song. It's fantastic.

How can you not love that?

Anyway, I downloaded the new album. Who knows when I find it around here. Though, surprisingly, I did just find the latest by The Coral. So we'll see. The new one has a wicked heavy tune, and then another with almost death metal vocals. It's nuts. Killer stuff, though.

I heard that the death metal track is the Napalm Death guy? After listening to that track its def Mike Greenway..

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 am

I have yet to purchase an album from these guys, but I've liked the few songs I've heard. *sigh* Someday.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Who jacked up the column widths on the forum? Your avatar is enormous! Haha.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 pm

I decided to buy into these guys- I like what I see. It's funny, even though the bulk of my collection could be described as "Rock & Roll with heavy (if not metal) guitars", but I can't think of anyone that has taken quite this approach before. It seems to work though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I decided to buy into these guys- I like what I see. It's funny, even though the bulk of my collection could be described as "Rock & Roll with heavy (if not metal) guitars", but I can't think of anyone that has taken quite this approach before. It seems to work though.
They definitely have a unique sound. Some of the more straightforward punky songs lose a bit of their identity, but that's somewhat expected. It's punk! But they're definitely pretty original.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOLBEAT (New Album)   VOLBEAT (New Album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VOLBEAT (New Album)
Page 1 of 1