Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie Vincent

Go down 
+22
brokentulsa
glassprison
Red Kitty
chewie
mlotek
Vexer6
James B.
Alex Dee Rokket
adrian
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
kmorg
bassman
manny
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Smindas
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:09 pm

I used to like VVI quite a bit more than I do nowadays. The problem I always found with Vinnie Vincent's Invasion albums is they were a bit too over the top with a novelty factor that quickly wears off.

VVI's two albums are kinda like Nitro's two albums - both bands played this over the top glam style and both had very over the top image competing almost for the biggest hair and the most use of make up on a male musician.

I tend to like Nitro a bit better and I find myself listening to O.F.R. a bit more often than I do to any of Vinnie Vincent's albums. There's nothing particularly bad about either bands except the songs kinda get old and dull after repeated plays. The biggest issue however is that both bands were more about showing off how well those musicians played rather than how good their songwriting skills were. In a way it made both Nitro and VVI look like parodies of themselves.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm

We all have "issues"\'arry \'eadbanger

Some more than others insane

With all that aside, give the man some credit.

He can play guitar quite well
He can write songs
AND................................He saved KISS

(IMHO) of course

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm

James B. wrote:
We all have "issues"\'arry \'eadbanger

Some more than others insane

With all that aside, give the man some credit.

He can play guitar quite well
He can write songs
AND................................He saved KISS

(IMHO) of course

I agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 am

Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 83628
Pinched this from another forum... it seems that, for some unGodly reason, Vinnie Vincent is planning to re-record the Invasion's "ALL SYSTEMS GO"

Vinnie Vincent Plans To Re-Record 'All Systems Go' Album

July 4, 2011

Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent has plans to re-record the 'All Systems Go' album. Originally released in 1988 with Mark Slaughter on vocals, Vincent wants to release the album the way it should have been recorded -- with the Vincent production, inclusive of all guitars, bass and vocals which would bring back the ferocious over the top sound of the first Vinnie Vincent Invasion, with Robert Fleishman on vocals.

After quitting Kiss following the 'Lick It Up', Vinnie Vincent recorded and produced a demo containing the songs "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" "Shoot U Full of Love" and No Substitute." Vincent played guitars and bass on all the tracks and Myron Grumbacker played drums. Vincent heard a demo of Robert Fleishman and knew he found the perfect vocalist for his music. Robert was asked to sing on the three song demo Vinnie had recorded. Fleischman and Vincent's chemistry was unmatched. Chrysalis Records New York heard the demo and called Vincent in L.A. With Vincent's demo blaring in the background, Chrysalis asked Vincent to fly to New York immediately stating they were anxious to sign Vincent as a solo artist.

After months of negotiating, an eight album $4 million deal was born. The common misconception was that a 'band' was signed to the label, however, it was Vincent who was signed exclusively to Chrysalis as a 'solo artist' off the power of his demo. Vincent began recording and the end result was 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion'. A virtual powerhouse of great songs, in your face over the top guitar, great layered intricate harmonies and piercing vocals, 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' exploded onto rock radio and became the fastest selling debut album in the history of Chrysalis Records. The name Vinnie Vincent Invasion was actually the name of the solo album which Vincent evolved into a band name. However, despite Vincent's enormous efforts to fit Robert into his contract, Chrysalis, failing to know a good thing when they saw it, destroyed the chemistry, letting Fleischman go unrewarded forcing him to resign.

Vincent, disheartened, was forced under duress to tour in support of his explosive 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' with a replacement singer who Vincent felt was woefully substandard to the quality which Vincent had not only strived for in his music, evidenced by the first Vinnie Vincent Invasion album. Watching the quality of his music sinking, Vincent began losing interest in the teeny bopper image that began replacing his original heavy metal vision. Vincent nonetheless moved ahead in order to try and make it work, despite his loss of heart.

Vincent began writing songs for the "All Systems Go" album the follow up to 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion'. Once the recording sessions were underway, it became painfully evident the production, sound and lead vocals were simply poor, lackluster and pale in comparison to Vinnie's first Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Vincent knew he should have aborted the entire project, which included the 'All Systems Go' recording sessions, fired all the salaried employees, and regrouped with Fleischman, following the same recording paths of his original demos, with Vinnie on guitars and bass, but it was too late. 'All Systems Go' was released to Vinnie's dismay.

With a dramatic change in Chrysalis management, Vincent was saddled with a situation he had no belief in. Vincent made the conscious decision in 1988 to disband the "group" after his disenchantment with 'All Systems Go' and with Chrysalis's new management decision to pander to the "music fad." In late 1988 Vincent, refused to extend Chrysalis the contractual option for a third Vinnie Vincent Invasion record when Chrysalis accidentally breached their option deadline to renew Vincent's contract in late September 1989. Chrysalis's contract with Vincent had a leaving member clause and option on the salaried employees Vincent used as band mates. Left without Vinnie Vincent under contract, and attempting to capitalize on Vinnie Vincent and Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Chrysalis picked up the option on two remaining employees. The rumors that Vincent was kicked out of his own band was baseless internet gossip, rumor and hearsay, having absolutely no basis in fact.

In 1991, British heavy metal magazine "Kerrang" voted the first 'Vinnie Vincent Invasion' album #100 of the 100 best heavy metal albums of ALL TIME. The Vinnie Vincent Invasion is now a Youtube favorite, whose Vinnie Vincent compositons include, "Boyz Are Gonna Rock", Shoot U Full Of Love" "Animal" "Love Kills" "Ashes To Ashes" and many others which are now becoming discovered by a new generation of fans. In 1996 Vincent resurfaced to release a demo EP called 'Eurphoria' reuniting with original Vinnie Vincent Invasion vocalist Robert Fleischman and recorded the unreleased album 'Guitars From Hell'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am

I read about that and think it's utterly STUPID! No new music from the guy fore decades and we get a re-recording of a record that doesn't need to be re-recorded? Ridiculous! I love Vinnie, but c'mon! Give us some new music or shut up!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 am

It would be great to hear him team up with Bobby Rock again.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:16 am

I wouldn't mind hearing All Systems Go with Fleischman on vocals. I have always felt that Mark Slaughter was the weaker of the 2 vocalists (one of the reasons I never liked Slaughter). I'd also like to see Euphoria re-released or something (bonus tracks on the new All Systems Go?). I've always wanted to hear that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 am

Sounds lazy and uninspired to me, but the dude probably has legal bills to pay after that recent "incident" at his home. Throw this re-recording out there to garner some interest from fans and labels, hopefully get some cash, then put out new music.

I never cared much for the original All Systems Go (not a Mark Slaughter fan), so I doubt this new one will interest me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am

I gotta disagree with Vinnie here, I always thought Mark was a superior vocalist, Robert's vocals just never worked for me.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Glad anything will be released
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Couldn't he just remix it with Robert's new vocals replacing Mark's(he never bothered me)?

Or does he not have access to the master tapes? It would be interesting to hear the difference.... release that other stuff, as well!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:25 pm

What a tragic waste of time, and talking about re-writing history, the first titled album was released, Robert was on the cover but was fired before the video was even filmed, why/ Because Fleischman did not look like a rock star, what a bunch of a bullsh!t
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:15 pm

007 wrote:
I wouldn't mind hearing All Systems Go with Fleischman on vocals. I have always felt that Mark Slaughter was the weaker of the 2 vocalists (one of the reasons I never liked Slaughter). I'd also like to see Euphoria re-released or something (bonus tracks on the new All Systems Go?). I've always wanted to hear that.

Absolutely agree on all points!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 pm

The real issue is that with Robert singing....there woudn't of been lots of Betty's flashing boobs at the shows. Not that it's important or anything. Wasn't Robert a member of Journey for a bit? I know he co-wrote "wheel in the sky"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

James B. wrote:
The real issue is that with Robert singing....there woudn't of been lots of Betty's flashing boobs at the shows. Not that it's important or anything. Wasn't Robert a member of Journey for a bit? I know he co-wrote "wheel in the sky"

Yeah very briefly. Less than a year I believe and never appeared on any recordings of theirs. Not sure what happened there although I'm sure Steve Perry's availability had alot to do with it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

007 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Yeah very briefly. Less than a year I believe and never appeared on any recordings of theirs. Not sure what happened there although I'm sure Steve Perry's availability had alot to do with it.

There's also a full song on the Time 3 boxset that sounds pretty good. What is weird is that members of Journey were on Roberts first solo album. So, they really did not dislike each that much......... I guess.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

chewie wrote:
007 wrote:
James B. wrote:

There's also a full song on the Time 3 boxset that sounds pretty good. What is weird is that members of Journey were on Roberts first solo album. So, they really did not dislike each that much......... I guess.

Oh cool. I never heard anything off the Time3 set (always too expensive for me) but that's pretty awesome that's on there.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

007 wrote:
chewie wrote:
007 wrote:
James B. wrote:

There's also a full song on the Time 3 boxset that sounds pretty good. What is weird is that members of Journey were on Roberts first solo album. So, they really did not dislike each other that much......... I guess.

Oh cool. I never heard anything off the Time3 set (always too expensive for me) but that's pretty awesome that's on there.

The song "For You" is in the set and rerecorded for his solo album, Perfect Stranger.

It looks like he co-wrote 3 songs that ended up on Infinity:

"Anytime" - Robert Fleischman, Rolie, Schon, Roger Silver, Ross Valory
"Wheel in the Sky" - Fleischman, Schon, Diane Valory
"Winds of March" - N. Schon, Matt Schon, Fleischman, Perry, Rolie
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am

probably posted elsewhere on this forum
from April,2014
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-long-kiss-goodbye-the-search-for-vinnie-vincent-20140408

I need to check out that Treasure LP still
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 am

Did anyone here get screwed on the Archives box set pre-orders he was doing back in the late 90s?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 am

I really doubt this re-recording will happen, and there's been no indication that any label or anyone besides VV is interested/involved in getting this underway. The "statement" he issued was in response to the info on his wikipedia page.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

glassprison wrote:
I really doubt this re-recording will happen, and there's been no indication that any label or anyone besides VV is interested/involved in getting this underway. The "statement" he issued was in response to the info on his wikipedia page.

Considering that the "announcement" was made three years ago and there hasn't been a peep since, I am inclined to agree. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 pm

chewie wrote:
007 wrote:
James B. wrote:
The real issue is that with Robert singing....there woudn't of been lots of Betty's flashing boobs at the shows. Not that it's important or anything.   Wasn't Robert a member of Journey for a bit? I know he co-wrote "wheel in the sky"

it really had nothing to do with them liking each other. Herbie Herbert made a management decision....he fired Fleischman, hired Perry, and told the band to live with it. The band did not want Perry...they wanted Fleischman.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm

[quote="Shawn Of Fire]Herbie Herbert [/quote]

Interviews with this guy are hilarious. I'm addicted to these behind-the-scenes rock-n-roll takes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 3:37 pm

As successful as he was with Journey, he never got a #1 hit with them...that didn't come until Mr. Big.

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie Vincent
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next