Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wendys Changed Their French Fries

Go down 
+13
Metal Misfit
bassman
Joe
adrian
Wargod
TheDoctor'sScarf
GrandNational
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Addy
EvyMetal
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Wendys Changed Their French Fries Empty
PostSubject: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 am

I'm really trying to stay away from fast food but once in a while I have to get something and my choice is either Wendys or Taco Bell. Today I was dying for a milkshake. My gf doesn't like the ones at Mcdonalds so we went to Wendys and got theirs. First of all they really make too big of a deal out of their shakes with the whiped cream and cherry, they are good though. I'd rather they take the extras off and just leave it a shake and instead of it being $2.69 make it .99 or even 1.99.

Anyway back to the fries. We saw a sign saying new fries. Of course we had to check this out since Wendys is probably my favorite fries out of anyone. Well I'm sad to say that I'm in shock. I ate these around 1:30 this afternoon and now its midnight and I'm still in shock. How can they do this!? There wasn't anything wrong with the other fries at all. These new ones just taste wierd like they are some kind of gourmet fry or something. They just don't really have any taste to them. They were suppose to have sea salt on them too but you could barely taste it. I don't really like a lot of salt to begin with but a little more would have been nice maybe to take away the bad taste.

I'm hugely dissapointed about this. I don't know where I'm going to get my fries now for my double stack. If they change that I'm not going back.

First its my music stores now my food is going to be taken away from me? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 am

LOL!! I used to like wendy's but the inability of any of them in my area to get an order right plus they jacked up all their prices made them a no go for me..

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:37 am

You are punished because you went to Wendy's to get a shake, and not a FROSTY.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 am

EvyMetal wrote:

I thought it was punishment for not going to the Burger King lol
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:48 pm

I like Wendy's a lot, they have the best tasting meat for a burger place. They have the best bacon too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Wendy's is good for their value menu so my family doesn't have to sell body parts to eat there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I tried the new fries - I wasn't impressed. The tasted just like Arby's homestyle fries, b ut with Sea Salt......
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Yea the $1 menu is great. double stack, chicken nuggets, frosty, fries (before they were changed) you can't go wrong.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
First its my music stores now my food is going to be taken away from me? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

Haven't been to Wendy's in a while, at least a good 3 years. If you happen to be in Cali, go to In-N-Out Burgers, best fresh cut fries around.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Addy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

I thought it was punishment for not going to the Burger King lol

that part is coming Wendys Changed Their French Fries 692390

TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Wendy's fries used to be my favorite.

I don't eat fast food anymore, but when I do it's McDonald's fries just because they're affordable, and there's one right up the road from me.

After hearing about this, I don't think I'll ever eat their (Wendy's) fries again. They just keep changing and changing food, and it's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Never eaten at Wendy's before. We are not normal up here in the Dakotas many think we are our own seperate country somebody once said.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 pm

So is this because Arby's bought them out then?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

adrian wrote:

whoa...what?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:35 pm

adrian wrote:

whoa...what?

haha, yeah that happened a couple of years back. I'm sure it is because of Arby's. That's when all these changes started happening. I had the new fries today. They were okay, but Wendy's was my favorite fast food chain to get fries from. Yes, even prefer them over In N Outs'
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:05 pm

adrian wrote:

whoa...what?

Forgot about that!! No wonder they taste like Arby's fries!!!! They probably are!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:10 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Haven't been to Wendy's in a while, at least a good 3 years. If you happen to be in Cali, go to In-N-Out Burgers, best fresh cut fries around.

In-N-Out burgers rule!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

In-N-Out burgers rule!!!!!!!

headbanger I'm blessed to have 4 of them within a 5 mile radius of my house, one of which I can walk to.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:53 pm

I didn't really like Wendy's fries before , so I'm sure I'll hate them now. Thanks for the head's up. I like the crispy curls at Hardee's even though you have to wait forever for your food.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 am

I didn't know Arby's was in any position to buy anyone out... they seemed like a dying franchise. Weird...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Interesting.

Yea Arbys is wierd. I thought they died out as well but then all of a sudden there are a few that seemed to pop up again, but none close to my area. I really don't care for them but people at work talk about it all the time.

Theres no In N Out's here. But I was wondering why its called that? Once you eat it does it just come right out? lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Interesting.

Yea Arbys is wierd. I thought they died out as well but then all of a sudden there are a few that seemed to pop up again, but none close to my area. I really don't care for them but people at work talk about it all the time.

Theres no In N Out's here. But I was wondering why its called that? Once you eat it does it just come right out? lol!

California chain, founded in the 50's, GREAT burgers - Double Double animal style rules!!!!!

BTW - in CA, tiy will often see the In -N- Out Burger bumper sticker on cars with the B and last R cut out
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Interesting.

California chain, founded in the 50's, GREAT burgers - Double Double animal style rules!!!!!

BTW - in CA, tiy will often see the In -N- Out Burger bumper sticker on cars with the B and last R cut out

In the last few years they have expanded to Arizona and Nevada (which sucks in my view, but profits over keeping it strictly a Cali thing I guess).

And no PRD, it doesn't come out right after you eat it, unless you're brave enough to order a 4 by 4 animal style with a milkshake Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 pm

I just tried the new Wendy's fries today and i thought they were good. Maybe the quality just varies at each restaurant...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Interesting.

a new Arby's opened in Delaware not too long ago. we also got a Chik-Fil-A, which is deadly to my budget...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wendys Changed Their French Fries   Wendys Changed Their French Fries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wendys Changed Their French Fries
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next