Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - 7 Sinners

Go down 
+7
Smindas
krokus
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
DallasBlack
kmorg
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:55 am

Yeah, but Sascha came from Freedom Call. I can't see him having that much influence on the band's sound as a whole - a sound that I would argue didn't truly get a new lease of life until Gambling, which was three albums in to Sascha's tenure. Also, I always thought Roland was pretty technical a player.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:02 am

Speaking of freedom call, this is one band i need to put more effort into.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 am

Gilbert wrote:

Speaking of freedom call, this is one band i need to put more effort into.

their last one was good. I really like the vocals of this band.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, but Sascha came from Freedom Call. I can't see him having that much influence on the band's sound as a whole - a sound that I would argue didn't truly get a new lease of life until Gambling, which was three albums in to Sascha's tenure. Also, I always thought Roland was pretty technical a player.

Roland was just a clone of Yngwie. A great guitar play though. I think even better than Yngwie since Yngwie seems to just repeat himself over and over where as Roland always did something new each time. But he's not playing like that really anymore in Masterplan.

I don't know. I can tell a huge difference from The Dark Ride and Rabbit Don't Come Easy. Sounds like 2 different bands almost. The whole reason why Schwartzman didn't stay with Helloween after the Rabbit tour was because he couldn't handle all the time changes. They didn't do all that sort of stuff before Sasha.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:46 am

I still need some time to get used to the keyboards.

This instrument reminds a lot of finnish power metal, which i'm not really into anymore.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 am

Saw Helloween last night and they're still absolutely fantastic live. Highlights were probably 'I'm Alive', 'Ride The Sky' and 'March of Time'. Stratovarius were good supporting as well. Great night!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 am

Just picked it up yesterday. I'm giving it a listen to right now and am only up to Raise The Noise. The flute solo is a little out there but doesn't ruin the song in the least. I'm really liking what I've heard so far.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Smindas wrote:
Saw Helloween last night and they're still absolutely fantastic live. Highlights were probably 'I'm Alive', 'Ride The Sky' and 'March of Time'. Stratovarius were good supporting as well. Great night!

thats a nice combo!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:20 pm

exact33 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

thats a nice combo!

Sweet! 3 of my favorite songs. Cant wait til they come here. I wish they would rerecord march of time cause they do that awesome live

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

After listening to 7 Sinners a few more times - I think I might be on board with it being better than GWTD...

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 pm

I listened to it earlier and I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 am

My current favourite tracks are are you metal and raise the noise.

Speed and agression headbanger

Helloween are on the top.

I wish Maiden had delivered as well Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 am

I still need the new Maiden before I can make a decision on that. As for 7 Sinners,I've given it a listen to a couple times now and I think it's just a notch below Gambling. That may change with subsequential listenings.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:08 am

007 wrote:
I still need the new Maiden before I can make a decision on that. As for 7 Sinners,I've given it a listen to a couple times now and I think it's just a notch below Gambling. That may change with subsequential listenings.

It did for me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 am

You know, I really like Unarmed. I thought it'd be a novelty listen, but I keep going back. A couple tracks don't work for me, but most do.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You know, I really like Unarmed. I thought it'd be a novelty listen, but I keep going back. A couple tracks don't work for me, but most do.

I am not sure how I like it. A couple of the tracks are cool but there are some that really shouldnt been tampered with. And the Keepers track just goes on and on and on and....

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I am not sure how I like it. A couple of the tracks are cool but there are some that really shouldnt been tampered with. And the Keepers track just goes on and on and on and....

I think my fav off of that is Eagle Fly Free. That Keepers track is a little too much and its just drums bass and the orchestra behind them with andi singing. They should have really put guitars to it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think my fav off of that is Eagle Fly Free. That Keepers track is a little too much and its just drums bass and the orchestra behind them with andi singing. They should have really put guitars to it.

Eeagle Fly Free was a great choice. Its not a bad cd for $4 though..

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:44 am

Gilbert wrote:

My current favourite tracks are are you metal and raise the noise.

Speed and agression headbanger

Helloween are on the top.

I wish Maiden had delivered as well Crying or Very sad

I'm with you, the last Maiden album left much to be desired. Maiden is my favorite band yet this year they won't even make my top 50 (or 60 for that matter).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - 7 Sinners
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2