Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - 7 Sinners

Go down 
+7
Smindas
krokus
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
DallasBlack
kmorg
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Helloween - 7 Sinners Empty
PostSubject: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:01 am

Didn't use the search function, but besides the poll, I could not find a thread about Helloween's latest.

So what is everyone's thoughts about it? It is definitely a heavy album from them! I personally think it is a little too long perhaps, but the strongest songs here are fantastic!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:04 am

You didn't use the search function!? Well anymore of that and you will have to be banned from the forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 am

I bought it last saturday afternoon with two other discs, the new Accept and the new GWAR, but I have not listened to it yet. I'm looking forward to it though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Its awesome! Of course I'm going to like it though haha. I think its better than Gambling. The wierdest thing about it though is the booklet. Why they didn't include lyrics is very strange. I even got the Japan version and theres no lyrics in the actual booklet itself but there is a seperate booklet with the lyrics in engrish (see what I did there?) and japanese. Awesome album though. ARE YOU METAL!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:01 pm

It's a top 5 for me this year, not quite to Gambling level imo but excellent.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:38 am

TheNazgul wrote:
It's a top 5 for me this year, not quite to Gambling level imo but excellent.

I agree. This helloweeny-goodness!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 am

The flute in "Raise The Noise" is throwing me for a loop! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, the got in touch with their inner Jethro Tull there.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:46 pm

kmorg wrote:

Hahaha yea that was pretty funny. I got the single and it has the edit version of Raise the Noise so theres no flute. My friend said theres a difference between the versions but he wouldn't tell me. When I heard it I thought it was hilarious. It doesn't go at all but I get it haha.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

kmorg wrote:

It is funny but they do throw stuff like that in there on older songs as well...

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

I bought the cd today and love it. Super album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm

krokus wrote:
I bought the cd today and love it. Super album.

It is - and I am warming up to the first track...

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Love that first track, nice to hear them get really heavy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 pm

I am starting to like it but it is nowhere near my fav on the cd...

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:51 pm

It's a great album, but there's something a bit weird about it. I can't put my finger on it, but it's something about the tonality of the album that doesn't sound quite like Helloween to me. Still, great to see them continuing the ballsier sound they started with Gambling, though I think I preferred that to 7 Sinners.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:52 pm

I loved GAMBLING but after playing 7 SINNERS a couple of times, i think its better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Nothing can touch Gambling for me but this is great stuff. How do they get better at this age?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Nothing can touch Gambling for me but this is great stuff. How do they get better at this age?

that is a great question but they seem to be... I still think Gambling gets my vote but 7 Sinners is not too far behind..

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 am

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

It is funny but they do throw stuff like that in there on older songs as well...
The flute solo is brilliant! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:04 pm

A flute solo ? That's bizarre. Still,I'm looking forward to finally getting this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm

007 wrote:
A flute solo ? That's bizarre. Still,I'm looking forward to finally getting this.

it fits right in. took me by surprise the first time though!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 pm

krokus wrote:
I loved GAMBLING but after playing 7 SINNERS a couple of times, i think its better.

I'm starting to have the same feeling.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

that is a great question but they seem to be... I still think Gambling gets my vote but 7 Sinners is not too far behind..

Thats actually an easy question to answer. They got a drummer and guitarist that are much younger.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I wouldn't put it down to that though, as all the album bar two tracks is written by the stalwarts, Weikath, Groskopf and Deris.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm

I don't know. They almost drastically changed when Sasha came into the band. He's more of a technical guitar player than Roland was. They weren't doing anything close to what they are doing now when anyone else was in the band. Now they are like some sort of Power / Progressive metal band. Doesn't matter though cause IMO they just top everything they put out.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - 7 Sinners   Helloween - 7 Sinners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween - 7 Sinners
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next