Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford and his iTunes fetish

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

And yeah, Freddy, War Of Words is a classic metal album, if you ask me. A Small Deadly Space, while different and definitely no classic, is also pretty damn good.
Small Deadly Space has a few good songs on it but compared to War of Words, it was quite a let-downs. It's nowhere near the MONSTER that War of Words was.... 🤘
No way! Definitely a different kind of album, one I really dig, but War Of Words is a classic. A Small Deadly Space doesn't compare.

I'm not the biggest Priest fan—in fact, I own no pre-Painkiller albums—so I may be ignorant of it, but is Halford a songwriter in Priest? I always thought it was Tipton and Downing. I mean, Halford wrote every song on this K5 CD. That's pretty impressive, at least to me at the moment. I always viewed him as a singer/lyricist, never a songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'm not the biggest Priest fan—in fact, I own no pre-Painkiller albums—so I may be ignorant of it, but is Halford a songwriter in Priest? I always thought it was Tipton and Downing. I mean, Halford wrote every song on this K5 CD. That's pretty impressive, at least to me at the moment. I always viewed him as a singer/lyricist, never a songwriter.

Most of the Priest catalog is credited to Tipton/Downing/Halford, as far as I know, but I dunno how much Rob has ever contributed to the musical end. I do remember reading an interview w/him around the time WAR OF WORDS came out where he said he had the bulk of the album written before he even had a full band. He called himself a "frustrated guitar player" but he knew enough about guitar playing to actually came up with all those songs by himself. Whether or not that was the first time he'd done that, I dunno. If he's prone to fooling around with a guitar during the writing process, maybe he's contributed to the music for Priest as well from time to time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:02 pm

I'd say he's a pretty snazzy songwriter, then. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
is Halford a songwriter in Priest?

I'm no expert, but my impression is that he wrote the bulk of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford and his iTunes fetish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2