Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford - Resurrection

Go down 
+9
krokus
Todd Jaymz
iamrockerfun
ghost
Lurideath
mc666
Fat Freddy
Wargod
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Halford - Resurrection Empty
PostSubject: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:23 pm

What a great slice of metal. This was his crowning achievement when he got back to where he belong'd in metal.
This cd is great and no filler, THOUGHTS?

Wargod48

NP: Iced Earth - Overture Of The Wicked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:55 pm

One of the best comeback albums in metal history, no doubt.
The only tracks that don't really do much for me are the middling "Slow Down" and the rather awful "Twist."

They could've dumped either of those from the running order and replaced 'em with "Sad Wings" or "Hell's Last Survivor" (which were the Japan-only bonus tracks) and that would've been fine by me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:31 pm

Halford's post-Priest stuff was great. The Two album isn't as good as Fight or Halford, but it's still good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Halford's post-Priest stuff was great. The Two album isn't as good as Fight or Halford, but it's still good.
i agree. i liked all of his groups & their albums.

with both Fight & Halford, i liked their second releases better than the first. Small Deadly Space & Crucible were just fantastic!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm

I thought this album was amazing when it came out. Of course I still think it is. This was better than what Priest was doing at the time, by far!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 12:06 am

When Resurrection first came out I think I listened to it a few dozen
times in a row. One of the best metal albums to come out in this
decade.

Crucible was good but it wasn't as memorable to me as Resurrection or War Of Words.

The Two album was alright. It was much better than a lot of reviews I've read about it said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 12:12 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
i agree. i liked all of his groups & their albums.

with both Fight & Halford, i liked their second releases better than the first. Small Deadly Space & Crucible were just fantastic!
Small Deadly Space is very underrated!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 5:49 am

In my opinion this album shows that Rob Halford was doing much better stuff than Judas Priest was doing at the same time without Halford.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:53 am

metal roots ever. pure metal album. love it and still do.
Halford is metal saw.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Love his non-Priest stuff except for Two. War of Words is an awesome release.I was however underwhelmed by Small Deadly Space (just couldn't get into it). Both Resurrection and Crucible were incredible !
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 1:03 pm

The 3 studio tracks on Live Insurrection were excellent as well-TJ
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 3:57 pm

CRUCIBLE is my fave HALFORD album, after that the double live album and then RESURRECTION because i think that those RESURRECTION songs are even better live.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 7:45 pm

007 wrote:
Love his non-Priest stuff except for Two. War of Words is an awesome release.I was however underwhelmed by Small Deadly Space (just couldn't get into it). Both Resurrection and Crucible were incredible !
you really should give SDS another listen. you are really missing some great songs. Halford - Resurrection 604261

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:08 pm

As mentioned before, Halford's solo stuff blew away what Priest was doing at the time with Ripper. And it still holds up well a few years later. I loved him trading off vocals with Bruce Dickenson.

Anyone remember the hot rumor a few year back about the possibility of a "Metal Tenors" album with Rob, Bruce & Geoff Tate? I guess it was just that, nothing more than a rumor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 3:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As mentioned before, Halford's solo stuff blew away what Priest was doing at the time with Ripper. And it still holds up well a few years later.
agreed!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:14 pm

I loved Ressurrection when it came out...still do. But I think Im one of the few that thinks Crucible is just as good.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:41 pm

I couldn't stand Ripper with Priest haha, but I love his vocals with Iced Earth-TJ
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 12:46 am

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I couldn't stand Ripper with Priest haha, but I love his vocals with Iced Earth-TJ
his vox with Priest were not so bad, if you could trick yourself into not expecting Halford. plus the writting on those two albums sucked ass. that wasn't his fault. it's hard to sing that kind of garbage.

the last IE was the same, he couldn't save that album either. Beyond Fear is pretty damn good though. hopefully the next IE will be stronger too.

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:21 am

I think Jugulator is excellent! And Demolition is underrated—good, but not amazing. Either way, Ripper's vocals are outstanding on both. On Demolition, I think he sounds a lot more like Dio than Halford. The production is pretty weak, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think Jugulator is excellent! And Demolition is underrated—good, but not amazing. Either way, Ripper's vocals are outstanding on both. On Demolition, I think he sounds a lot more like Dio than Halford. The production is pretty weak, though.

Jugulator grew on me after some time. It's not bad, but next to Halford's 'Resurrection', it pales in comparrison. His work in Fight and the Halford solo cd's get WAY more play in my household over the non-Halford years of Priest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Jugulator grew on me after some time. It's not bad, but next to Halford's 'Resurrection', it pales in comparrison. His work in Fight and the Halford solo cd's get WAY more play in my household over the non-Halford years of Priest.
Absolutely. Halford's solo stuff is far better than the Owens-era Priest stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:25 pm

I never checked out any of the FIGHT discs...but "Small Deadly Space" is in the $3 bin at a shop I frequent...guess I should nab it....

I liked the HALFORD discs and even TWO....although I don't dig that out too often.

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:26 pm

what about 2wo?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Halford's solo stuff is far better than the Owens-era Priest stuff.

Winters Bane "Heart of a Killer" is far better than either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:35 pm

Very strong slice of METAL!! I liked 'Crucible' just a tad more...its a little darker & more aggressive to my ears...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford - Resurrection   Halford - Resurrection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford - Resurrection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next