Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford and his iTunes fetish

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Halford and his iTunes fetish Empty
PostSubject: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 pm

I wish he'd release his damn remasters and demos on CD... i downloaded them illegally... but I want a real copy!!! angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:51 pm

Screw iTunes! angry

I'm not paying for some downloaded MP3. Put out a CD or forget it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Screw iTunes! angry

I'm not paying for some downloaded MP3. Put out a CD or forget it.

I did download them, but I diden't pay for them pirat Once they are on Cd... I will gladly pay for them though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:05 pm

Yeah, Halford has annoyed me with this crap.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, Halford has annoyed me with this crap.

I'm listening to the War or Words demo right now, its good! CD release damnit!

I hate hearing people say mp3 is going to be the next format... i have to have the hard copy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:33 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
i downloaded them illegally
Chairman_Smith wrote:
i have to have the hard copy.
would you steal that too? Laughing very hard

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:07 am

mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I buy silver CDs if they are available... these are not available on silver CD so i'm not paying for it.

No artwork, no case... pass... and I will download it... same goes for expensive imports and out of print CDs. If I 'd have a hardcopy I don't feel like I own it... so take the stealing comment and shove it.

Like the rest of you, i'm anal about my collection.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:43 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
so take the stealing comment and shove it.
i did nothing but quote your own words. so you shove it ... & ride it home punk. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 2:07 pm

YES, F*** ITUNES. I need the original thing and when Rob see that nearly nobody download it paying, he will release it on cd for the real die hard HALFORD and JUDAS PRIEST fans, like us.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
so take the stealing comment and shove it.
i did nothing but quote your own words. so you shove it ... & ride it home punk. Wink

I was merely making the point that I won't pay for something I can't see... and if he wants my money then he should release it in a proper format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:45 pm

Stealing is stealing.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Stealing is stealing.

Well then i'm a damn dirty stinking thief until I get a CD copy then Wink

At least I don't download entire albums on a daily basis like most people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:15 am

krokus wrote:
YES, F*** ITUNES. I need the original thing and when Rob see that nearly nobody download it paying, he will release it on cd for the real die hard HALFORD and JUDAS PRIEST fans, like us.

I bet there are more people getting it from iTunes than we may think...otherwise he never would have put them on there...he had to have some statistical evidence for he and his business partners to move forward with iTunes...he's not just ripping his own CD's and uploading them from his home PC...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:18 am

Hey, I steal occasionally, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:19 am

Eyesore wrote:

Everyone does...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
krokus wrote:

I bet there are more people getting it from iTunes than we may think...otherwise he never would have put them on there...he had to have some statistical evidence for he and his business partners to move forward with iTunes...he's not just ripping his own CD's and uploading them from his home PC...

I dont know but at least i hope not many people buy those songs from I TUNES because it will be nice on cd.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Everyone does...
i steal the hearts & purses of many many ladies. it's what i do.

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:55 pm

Good news...K5 - The War Of Words Demos is out on CD! It was $9.99. Five tracks are touted as being "New 2007," but I don't buy it. "Beast Denies" seems like an alternative version of "Reality, A New Beginning" and "Dead Men Walk" has some recognizable parts, but I can't figure out from what song yet. They may be new recordings, but I don't know if I believe they're new songs. There's also demos of "Jesus Saves" (the hidden track on War Of Words") and "Psycho Suicide" (the hidden track on Small Deadly Space).

You all may know this, though, if you kept the downloads. I deleted them after one listen long ago, as I usually do with downloads. I hate 'em! Haha. Anyway, definitely worth picking up! I also never realized that Halford wrote every one of these songs himself. I also thought of him as a singer that only wrote lyrics. Crazy!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good news...K5 - The War Of Words Demos is out on CD! It was $9.99. Five tracks are touted as being "New 2007," but I don't buy it. "Beast Denies" seems like an alternative version of "Reality, A New Beginning" and "Dead Men Walk" has some recognizable parts, but I can't figure out from what song yet. They may be new recordings, but I don't know if I believe they're new songs. There's also demos of "Jesus Saves" (the hidden track on War Of Words") and "Psycho Suicide" (the hidden track on Small Deadly Space).

You all may know this, though, if you kept the downloads. I deleted them after one listen long ago, as I usually do with downloads. I hate 'em! Haha. Anyway, definitely worth picking up! I also never realized that Halford wrote every one of these songs himself. I also thought of him as a singer that only wrote lyrics. Crazy!

Very cool... I was just listening to the METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I disc and wondered if and when the Fight demos (several of which are on the ESSENTIALS CD) were going to be released on their own. I'll definitely pick that up, WAR OF WORDS is underrated as hell as far as I'm concerned. It's one of my favorite Halford works.

Any idea what the significance of the "K5" is? Was that going to be the name of the band before they decided on "Fight?" Maybe the name of the studio they were recorded in? I've been wondering what the "K5" meant since I first saw it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Is this that 2-CD thing that just came out, Metal God Essentials- Volume 1?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Is this that 2-CD thing that just came out, Metal God Essentials- Volume 1?

Nope, not the same thing. METAL GOD ESSENTIALS is a compilation of the best stuff from Rob's non-Priest career (fortunately nothing from the "Two" album is represented, haha)... mostly stuff from RESURRECTION and CRUCIBLE, but there are a couple of Fight demos on the ESSENTIALS disc. As Eyesore said, Rob's now releasing the entire set of demos as a separate CD:

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/fightwarofwords.htm

I assume that he's releasing the demos instead of simply reissuing Fight's WAR OF WORDS because Sony/Epic probably still owns the rights to the album.

Oh and by the way, METAL GOD ESSENTIALS VOL. I isn't a 2-CD set, it's one CD and one DVD. Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:31 pm

If I'm understanding the liner notes correctly (which showcase some terrible grammar), the Fight tapes stored at the studio's storage facility were secretly retitled to "K5" by Rob. I guess he didn't want anyone messing with them. The logic, I guess, would be that tapes labeled "Halford" or "Fight" would get listened to by people working there, or maybe stolen. So he changed them to "K5" so people would ignore them. Considering these demos never got leaked, I'm assuming that was a pretty good idea.

And yeah, Freddy, War Of Words is a classic metal album, if you ask me. A Small Deadly Space, while different and definitely no classic, is also pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And yeah, Freddy, War Of Words is a classic metal album, if you ask me. A Small Deadly Space, while different and definitely no classic, is also pretty damn good.

Small Deadly Space has a few good songs on it but compared to War of Words, it was quite a let-downs. It's nowhere near the MONSTER that War of Words was.... 🤘

Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Excellent news!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford and his iTunes fetish   Halford and his iTunes fetish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford and his iTunes fetish
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next