Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
Lari
Boris2008
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Empty
PostSubject: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Go to "date added" in your iTunes. What is the first track on there?

Mine:

Since You've Been Gone - Rainbow [Down to Earth]

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 4:48 pm

What's an "iTunes?" surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 4:59 pm

That's a good question. I use iTunes to load music on to the IPod then delete the music from my computer because it just doesn't have the memory space to accommodate all the songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!

I thought the same thing. iTunes?

Oh these youngsters and their newfangled I-sh*t. Oh wait, Sax started this thread; now I'm really confused.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!

I thought the same thing.  iTunes?  

Oh these youngsters and their newfangled I-sh*t.  Oh wait, Sax started this thread; now I'm really confused.

Them wacky kids, loading down their 3MPs to their Pod-Eyes off the interwebs. It's the devils' work I tells ya.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm

On a more serious note, don't you actually download music from ITunes? The title says "downloaded to". Isn't that an oxymoron? You can't "download to" a web site; you either "download from" or "upload to". Or do I totally not understand how any of this newfangled crap works?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 6:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
On a more serious note, don't you actually download music from ITunes?  The title says "downloaded to".  Isn't that an oxymoron?  You can't "download to" a web site; you either "download from" or "upload to".  Or do I totally not understand how any of this newfangled crap works?

The "date added" field shows the date you added a particular song to your personal iTunes account. You can add songs by either purchasing them from iTunes or ripping them from physical copies and uploading them to your iTunes account.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 7:01 pm

In my defence I don't download itunes music as I always buy physical copies (and if I do downloads it;s always Bandcamp.)

So please bear in mind that I shoved a whole flash drive from my musical file and this was the one that it added first (Honest!!)

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm

You guys are Killen me.....

SLUT!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
On a more serious note, don't you actually download music from ITunes?  The title says "downloaded to".  Isn't that an oxymoron?  You can't "download to" a web site; you either "download from" or "upload to".  Or do I totally not understand how any of this newfangled crap works?

The "date added" field shows the date you added a particular song to your personal iTunes account. You can add songs by either purchasing them from iTunes or ripping them from physical copies and uploading them to your iTunes account.

Thanks for the education. I had no idea that's how it worked.

So you can upload songs to your ITunes account so you can listen to stuff you already own?

So how does that make any sense? Why wouldn't I just rip stuff I already own to wherever I wanted to hear it from? For instance, I've ripped a TON of music to a microcard that I use in a Sandisc player. I just ripped stuff to my PC then transferred it to the microcard. Why go through all the trouble of dealing with ITunes?

I have to be missing something here.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm

iTunes is just a very easily maneuverable library.  I have 200,000 [approx] songs in my library.  Takes two secs to get it transferred to my phone or iPod. I buy a lot of mp3's from amazon cuz it is better for me to spend $9.99 for an album that is out of print or a $30 import. They go right into my iTunes and I can crank them instantly any where.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 7:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Thanks for the education.  I had no idea that's how it worked.  

So you can upload songs to your ITunes account so you can listen to stuff you already own?  

So how does that make any sense?  Why wouldn't I just rip stuff I already own to wherever I wanted to hear it from?  For instance, I've ripped a TON of music to a microcard that I use in a Sandisc player.  I just ripped stuff to my PC then transferred it to the microcard.  Why go through all the trouble of dealing with ITunes?

I have to be missing something here.

iTunes is merely a music player/management system - like Windows Media Player, etc... - and it's free to download and use. You can also pay to download songs from the iTunes store - they are normally $1.29 each and $9.99 for most albums. I have used iTunes for years to manage my music by ripping all my physical formats to mp3. I also use a service called iTunes Match which allows me to upload all my songs to the iTunes cloud and then I can access them anywhere. Normally, I access them through my iPhone. Right now I have 9,367 songs stored on my iPhone, but I have tens of thousands more stored in the cloud on iTunes Match.

There are many other services like this - for instance Amazon Music - and they are all very similar. I use iTunes because I've been using it for close to 15 years and using iTunes on my iPhone is much simpler than having a separate player and media for my music. I always have my phone with me and therefore, I always have my entire music collection with me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 8:00 pm

I guess that's the part I don't understand.

If I've already paid to download something and it's now on my computer's hard drive, why would I bother uploading it to ITunes? I can just now rip the music wherever I want.

I guess I'm just an old fart...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I guess I'm just an old fart...

At least you're not an orange fart.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Well the whole concept of this thread eludes me so I guess I'll leave it to you "youngsters".

My apologies if I derailed the original intent.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

I don't have an iPhone, but my wife once did. I did have iTunes on the desktop computer back then.

Beats me what music was in there. I do remember it was not combatible with .wma, which was what my ripped music was stored as.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 am

I don't use iTunes even though I have an iPhone. I use Amazon cloud player and prefer it over iTunes. I'm a prime member so there's a lot of albums you can download to your device and not pay extra.

With that being said, I don't download single songs only albums. The first album was Widow- Life's Blood.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:48 am

-tries to remember- nope cant recall
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Well, the first albums I bought off Itunes were Barren Cross-Atomic Arena and Theocracy-As The World Bleeds. I do download quite often, but mostly off amazon now which is easier for me (most of the stuff I download is stuff I cant find in stores, like the most recent Great White album).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm

ITunes?

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am

Wow. I guess I am darn near alone with my "200,000" songs that I can play anywhere at any time.... Really? No one else has ripped their collection to iTunes? Just weird, man. I think you guys are playin' me.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 9:21 am

ive ripped some of mine not all, but ive been using Itunes for i dont know how long so i really cannot remember the first song i ever bought from Itunes.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Wow.  I guess I am darn near alone with my "200,000" songs that I can play anywhere at any time....  Really?  No one else has ripped their collection to iTunes?  Just weird, man.  I think you guys are playin' me.

I use Google Play Music. Free, and you can stream your music with (probably) any device with internet access. You can also dowload from the cloud, once you've ripped and uploaded your collection.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 pm

My wife is twelve years younger than me and when we first started dating (2012) she had ITunes (I remember buying her some gift cards for the site) and I still had a disc man! Ha! Truth be told, I didn't actually use the thing. I recall her saying to me "oh, you'll come around" and now our home has a mancave with about 4,000 CD's, Records, and Cassettes in it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Wow.  I guess I am darn near alone with my "200,000" songs that I can play anywhere at any time....  Really?  No one else has ripped their collection to iTunes?  Just weird, man.  I think you guys are playin' me.

Nope. I'm not in on the party either. I have an iPhone, but as of yet, I don't use iTunes. But I'll let you know when I do. What a Face

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next