Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS

Go down 
+15
Dave the Boss
Joe
WhenTheWildWindBlows
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Jesusandmetal23
powermacho
Eyesore
James B.
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
WhenTheWildWindBlows wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Sounds like they are moving towards a thrashier direction.
That's the problem i'm having with the new material. I wish they would go back to their glory days of playing top notch power/speed metal. I'm not digging the vocals at all.
And then everyone would complain that they're just rehashing things they did 20 years ago. Bands can't win.

You are correct,sir!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:50 am

"Trinity of Heresy" is definitely my fave so far. Cool tune.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 am

me like those too headbanger

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Ok, this is going to be a great album. Man, this year is ending strong in metal.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 am

I'm not impressed at all. They need Andre Corbin back.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
They need Andre Corbin back.

That would be cool.

But honestly I think the other guy (whose name escapes me) has done a surprisingly awesome job. Didn't know he was so technical because "Remnants of War" sure wasn't.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 am

Awesome album! Pure headbanging delight. Definitely top 3 on my 2010 list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 am

I've been listening to some HELSTAR samples on you tube. Very good music. Definitely a must have headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
They need Andre Corbin back.

That would be cool.

But honestly I think the other guy (whose name escapes me) has done a surprisingly awesome job. Didn't know he was so technical because "Remnants of War" sure wasn't.

Oh yeah, he's a great player, it's just that Andre Corbin is in a league of his own. The guitarwork on Perseverance and Desperation is simply mindblowing. I'd kill to be able to play like that, haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:46 am

Just got a promo of GLORY OF CHAOS to review for Detritus...the U.S. release is February 15th, I think.

On my first spin thru right now, and it sounds pretty good... it's definitely thrashier/a little more brutal than past stuff, Rivera still sounds great... and the bonus tracks are covers of Saxon's "Heavy Metal Thunder" and the Scorpions' "Animal Magnetism." Me likee. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:36 pm

That's encouraging, I usually like what you do.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Been meaning to pick it up,waiting for the price to drop a little
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 am

I got the promo...excellent stuff.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 am

Finally secured a copy of this CD and am really diggin' it! BONE CRUSSSSSHHHHEEEERRRRR!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 am

Got it and like it pretty good.The last couple of their albums have been very good.I still like King of Hell a little better though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:20 am

That reminds me, I'm supposed to write a review of that damn album... will have to dig it out of the pile of junk on my desk when I get home. Very Happy

I dig it. The song title "Pandemonium" kinda sums up the whole record. It's totally off-the-wall, screaming full-shred metal! So what's not to like?? headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I still need to invest in this band.

I like what i have heard on you tube.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:18 pm

This album smokes!! I only have one minor gripe, however. With the band taking a more aggressive and thrashier direction I feel they kind of under-utilized James Rivera. He's still got it!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I keep getting tempted by this one, I'll probably have a copy within the next month or two
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:59 am

I should be getting this shortly and the one before it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2