Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS

Go down 
+15
Dave the Boss
Joe
WhenTheWildWindBlows
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Jesusandmetal23
powermacho
Eyesore
James B.
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Empty
PostSubject: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Holy cow! How was I not aware until now that Helstar had a new CD coming out later this month?? Well, I just so happened to "like" their official page on Facebook today and got hooked up with all the straight poop.... the new album is called GLORY OF CHAOS!

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS 47245_432405267963_272590287963_4896025_7711204_n

Record release party (with RAVEN!) is October 23rd at Backstage Live in San Antonio, Texas (of course I live nowhere near there... heavy sigh...)

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS 36153_445474912963_272590287963_5151970_1449636_n

And two sample tracks are currently YouTubed:
"Alma Negra"

"Monarch of Bloodshed"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Me like.... headbanger

Laterz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:04 pm

I knew they had a new one, but didn't know it was coming out so soon.

And...um...they get a new singer? surprised
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 pm

I wanted the last one, and now this one. Obama very behind.lol. Is James Rivera singing on this one?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Man that is sounding sweet. At first I wasn't so sure that was Rivera singing on Alma Negra during that screechy beginning but as the song went on it definitely is.

Both tunes sound great. Bring it on !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And...um...they get a new singer?

powermacho wrote:
Is James Rivera singing on this one?

Haha, I thought the same thing, especially when I heard the first track ("Alma Negra") -- but their Facebook page still lists Rivera as the vocalist, and I think if they'd made a singer switch we would've heard about it on Blabbermouth or wherever. So I guess ol' James is just stretching his vocal style a little bit on this new one...

Here's an interview w/the band (Rivera included) where they talk about the tweaks to their sound on the new record...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Oh man, too many releases too close together but on the want list. Anyone need a kidney?
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Sounds like they are moving towards a thrashier direction.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Wow! One more great album this year? I thought I had enough with my last purchase of HELLOWEEN. I bought 10 or more albums from this year, and all are great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:47 am

Seriously. Those tracks are insane! I can't believe that's Helstar! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:27 am

Yeah, sounds like a different band.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:17 am

They have definitely went a little extreme on this one.Reminds me of Tenet.Still good stuff though
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:34 am

That first song sounds like ass...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

Would love to see Raven & Helstar together.

I saw Helstar & TT Quick together back in 1986 at a little club in Rochester, NY.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:56 am

Those screechy, blood curdling screams are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Pass.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
Would love to see Raven & Helstar together.

I have Razz And boy, what a show!!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, I wasn't too crazy about the first one either. When I first heard it I was like "Uh-oh." Fortunately the second one sounded more "Helstar-ish."

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Well, that's harsher than I would be but I can see where you're coming from.

I don't hear a lot of catchy hooks, vocally or riff-wise. The rhythms don't sound very HELSTAR-y to me.

The new drummer Mikey Lewis is awesome. For a brief period of time, he almost ended up in TEMPLE OF BLOOD playing on our last album but fortunately our drummer Lance was able to do the album.

Watching the interview, I can really agree with where they are coming from. I hate it when people box in our music and I can see why they have a strong reaction against that, especially after being influenced by so many new bands during their hiatus.

The production sounds really good.

This album sounds rushed, and from the interview they admit that it was. Needs stronger hooks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:31 am

Oh branching out is all good...I'm all for that...that one song just sounded terrible to my ears...I totally get where they're coming from and what they want to do...more power to them...I just don't necessarily want to go with them.

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

I won't judge until I hear more, one song doesn't tell me much. The second song sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
WhenTheWildWindBlows
Metal novice
Metal novice
WhenTheWildWindBlows

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
That's the problem i'm having with the new material. I wish they would go back to their glory days of playing top notch power/speed metal. I'm not digging the vocals at all.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 pm

More songs have been posted to youtube. After hearing Trinity of Heresy, I'm starting to get excited for this album!!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 pm

WhenTheWildWindBlows wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
That's the problem i'm having with the new material. I wish they would go back to their glory days of playing top notch power/speed metal. I'm not digging the vocals at all.
And then everyone would complain that they're just rehashing things they did 20 years ago. Bands can't win.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Damn, Joe! Those two tracks you posted frickin smoke! I'm definitely looking forward to this album now. "Alma Negra" threw me at first but after hearing these other songs I'm guessing that particular track is an exception, not the rule, if you know what I mean.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Joe wrote:
More songs have been posted to youtube. After hearing Trinity of Heresy, I'm starting to get excited for this album!!

Both of those sound great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS   Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helstar - GLORY OF CHAOS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next