Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Magnet

Go down 
+8
nevermore
GrandNational
Gilbert
Shiney
troublemagnet
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Monster Magnet - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am

Really dig that 'Mindless Ones' tune. Sounds like classic MM to me. I'm sure to be picking this album up sooner than later. Just debating on which version, deluxe or standard.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:51 am

I really dig the bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 am

Dagnabbit!! I paid for the limited edition WITH bonus tracks and the seller sent me the standard edition, no bonuses.

Back it goes Crying or Very sad 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dagnabbit!! I paid for the limited edition WITH bonus tracks and the seller sent me the standard edition, no bonuses.

I hate when this crap happens. Recently I bought a three-track CD single from an Amazon seller. They sent me a one-track promo CD single for an entirely different song.

And pretty much every time I've ever ordered a CD with bonus tracks from CD Inzane, I've gotten the regular version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I hate when this crap happens. Recently I bought a three-track CD single from an Amazon seller. They sent me a one-track promo CD single for an entirely different song.

And pretty much every time I've ever ordered a CD with bonus tracks from CD Inzane, I've gotten the regular version.
I even questioned the seller before I purchased. "This is the digi with bonus tracks, right?"

I get this back...
Quote :
In response to your inquiry, the following is the information requested for this item (Monster Magnet Last Patrol CD #390685997769);Release Date: 10/15/2013Label: NapalmUPC: 819224016731

1 I Live Behind the Clouds (4:25)
2 Last Patrol (9:23)
3 Three Kingfishers (4:33)
4 Paradise (4:31)
5 Hallelujah (4:13)
6 Mindless Ones (5:30)
7 The Duke (of Supernature) (4:59)
8 End of Time (7:45)
9 Stay Tuned (5:51)
10 Strobe Light Beatdown
11 One Dead Moon

Please let us know if you have any additional questions,TS
I knew before I even opened up the envelope it was the wrong one. I could tell it was a jewel-case, not digipack.

I contacted them and they are refunding the money and sent me a pre-paid slip to return it, so no harm done. Still frustrating though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:55 am

Lame. Too bad they didn't just tell you to keep it. I like when that happens. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:51 pm

So this is interesting...

Quote :
2013 saw the release of MONSTER MAGNET's latest album, "Last Patrol". Now comes "Milking The Stars: A Reimagining Of Last Patrol", due on November 18 via Napalm Records.

Met with critical acclaim and supported by a world tour, "Last Patrol" has become a staple in the MONSTER MAGNET discography.

Today the artwork, track listing and first song from "Milking The Stars" have been released. MONSTER MAGNET mainman Dave Wyndorf's pick for the first track he wanted fans to be exposed to is "No Paradise For Me". The song, according to Wyndorf, is "interesting, f*cked up and old-school sounding." Check it out below.

Says Wyndorf about "Milking The Stars": "'Milking The Stars' is a 'reimagined' version of 'Last Patrol' featuring four new songs and live tracks.

"This was a happy experiment for me. It's not a remix record by the current definition. It's more like 'Last Patrol' in a 'what-if?'-style alternate reality.

"'What if these songs were recorded in 1968?' 'What would happen if I turned a pretty song into an angry one?' 'How would adding creepy organs and Mellotrons affect the emotional vibe of a song?' These are just a few of the questions that roll around in my head when I write and record any album but this time I decided to actually answer them with fully fleshed out, recorded and mixed examples.

"The process actually created new songs. That's the icing on the cake for me. New sounds, new vocals, different instruments and arrangements make for a weird 1960's vibe totally apart from 'Last Patrol' which was fun for Phil, Bob, Garrett, mixer Joe Barresi and myself to explore.

"Finally there's expanded versions of the songs 'Last Patrol' and 'Three Kingfishers' as recorded live at the AB club in Belgium, 2014. Both those songs were re-arranged for 'maximum rock and psych' before we hit the road last year and feature the debut performance of new MAGNET bassist, Chris Kosnik. Personally, I think they beat the original versions."

"Milking The Stars: A Reimagining Of Last Patrol" track listing:

01. Let the Circus Burn
02. Mindless Ones '68
03. No Paradise For Me
04. End Of Time (B-3)
05. Milking The Stars
06. Hellelujah (Fuzz And Swamp)
07. I Live Behind The Clouds (Roughed Up And Slightly Spaced)
08. Goliath Returns
09. Stay Tuned (Even Sadder)
10. The Duke (Full On Drums 'N Wah)
11. Last Patrol (live)
12. Three Kingfishers (live)

Looks like two lives tracks, four new tracks, and five re-imagined.

Guess this one probably won't be much of a rock record based on this tune and the description of it, but that's cool with me.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 3:48 pm

I really liked Last Patrol, so this could be really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:18 pm

It worked once, so why not try it again? Better than just doing straight re-recordings.

Quote :
Dave Wyndorf and his MONSTER MAGNET henchmen seemingly had the time of their lives when they completely rearranged and boosted "Last Patrol" in 2014 and christened it "Milking The Stars: A Re-Imagining Of Last Patrol". Now MONSTER MAGNET go back even further to 2010 and their "Mastermind" album. Even if you know the LP inside and out, you won't be prepared in the slightest for the trip that is "Cobras And Fire (The Mastermind Redux)": just think of the beast "Apocalypse Now" turned into in its Redux form. Familiar elements drift by and are swallowed whole by thundering psych orgies — Wyndorf often focuses on a singular song fragment and turns it into his ride to total Nirvana. Go look for your daily dose of average rock elsewhere: this is the mindfuck of the year!

Today the first song from "Cobras and Fire (The Mastermind Redux)", "Mastermind '69", is receiving its exclusive premiere. Check it out below.

Wyndorf stated about the new album: "Hey, hey! I'm pleased to announce the release of 'Cobras And Fire: The Mastermind Redux'. It's a re-imagining of material from 2010's 'Mastermind' album as an alternative listening experience that I think stands on its own.

"With 'Cobras And Fire', I wanted to present these songs in a much stranger and dirtier atmosphere. Less 'classic rock' and more… well, I'd guess I'd call it a deranged fusion of garage-psych, fuzz punk and movie soundtrack music. It's almost completely re-recorded (with the bulk of the guitar and bass playing by co-producer Phil Caivano), and, as in 'Milking The Stars', I've added organ, piano, sitars and more to flesh out a completely new sound for these tunes. There's also a HAWKWIND/PINK FAIRIES-inspired cover version of THE TEMPTATIONS 1969 classic 'Ball Of Confusion' with background vocals by MONSTER MAGNET co-founder and RIB EYE BROS. frontman Tim Cronin. Plus an eight-minute, tripped-out sonic adventure entitled 'I Live Behind The Paradise Machine' specially created by mixer extraordinaire Evil Joe Barresi. Joe is at his best here, seamlessly integrating elements from several MAGNET songs into a new, standalone composition.

"All in all, I call this the weirdest MONSTER MAGNET yet, and that's a good thing! I hope you like it!"

"Cobras And Fire (The Mastermind Redux)" will be released on October 9 via Napalm Records.

"Cobras and Fire (The Mastermind Redux)" track listing:

01. She Digs That Hole
02. Watch Me Fade
03. Mastermind '69
04. Hallucination Bomb
05. Gods And Punks
06. The Titan
07. When The Planes Fall From The Sky
08. Ball Of Confusion
09. Time Machine
10. I Live Behind The Paradise Machine Evil Joe Barresi's Magnet Mash Vol.1

Monster Magnet - Page 3 Monstermagnetcobrascd

Sounds great to me!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm

I still haven't picked up the "re-imagined" version of The Last Patrol (which I will eventually), but doing two of these in a row seems kinda weird to me. I get that they are totally re-doing the songs from the ground-up, but it's like a band putting out 2 covers albums right in a row. Seems, I dunno, lazy or something.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I still haven't picked up the "re-imagined" version of The Last Patrol (which I will eventually), but doing two of these in a row seems kinda weird to me. I get that they are totally re-doing the songs from the ground-up, but it's like a band putting out 2 covers albums right in a row. Seems, I dunno, lazy or something.

Might be something fun and easy to do while they tour or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 am

Yea, I'm not getting too worked up over it or anything. Just seems odd to do the same thing back-to-back. Whatever. I dig these guys, so I'm good with whatever they want to put out there. Made me pull out Mastermind and give it a fresh spin too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am

Shame they're missing out on the opportunity to release the "re-imaginging" as a two-fer where you get the original with the new disc as a "bonus" so you can hear them side by side.

I guess it's probably a stupid idea as they're not exactly mainstream and most people who would WANT to hear the original already have it, but it would still be cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:27 am

Runicen wrote:
Shame they're missing out on the opportunity to release the "re-imaginging" as a two-fer where you get the original with the new disc as a "bonus" so you can hear them side by side.

I guess it's probably a stupid idea as they're not exactly mainstream and most people who would WANT to hear the original already have it, but it would still be cool.

SHHHHHHHH!! If the record company hears this, they will. I don't want to re-buy the original albums just to hear the remixed stuff. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 am

Haha. They can make it a "value for money" package.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm

New Monster Magnet!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 pm

I am now so many albums behind on this band, that I'll never get caught up. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 3:01 am

Still don't own any material by these guys. There was a compilation sitting on the shelves at my friend's record store. Might pick it up if it is still there.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 5:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
New Monster Magnet!

headbanger

I dig!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 11:47 am

Has anyone else picked this up yet? This album really smokes!

Dave & co. laid off the psychedelics this go round and just made a really good rock record. It's Monster Magnet through and through but doesn't get as spacey (not that there's anything wrong with that) as some of their other albums.

I could see this one easily making within my Top 10 for 2018.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Dave & co. laid off the psychedelics this go round and just made a really good rock record. It's Monster Magnet through and through but doesn't get as spacey (not that there's anything wrong with that) as some of their other albums.

You know it! It's a fantastic record. Just a straight up rock album, Monster Magnet style. I wish it were longer, though. =(
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

My brother picked it up and we listened to it. I think it's a really good album. I've liked it better than their last couple of albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Magnet   Monster Magnet - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Magnet
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3