Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8

Go down 
+18
MetalGuy71
Joe
Troublezone
Approval Guy
Smindas
XYZ
tohostudios
Schbopo
GrandNational
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
chewie
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
manny
Dave the Boss
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Joe wrote:

Oh, believe me, I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway. I'm just bothered, because as a California resident and registered voter I was brought into this, and I knew this was going to happen no matter what the decision was. And, the biggest problem I have with us being able to vote on this amendment is whether or not it was really fair. I mean as long as you are a registered voter in California you could have voted on this. That means someone who just doesn't like ga-heys could have voted yes for the amendment, and someone who is anti-religious could have voted no just as a means to stick it to religion. Yeah, maybe they both cancel each other out, like I said I'm just venting!

Well that is the pain and joy of being a republic. Sometimes things happen the way you want and sometimes they do not. As long as everyone who is registered to vote has the opportunity to vote (without the new black panther party waving weapons outside the polling places of course) I think it is fine.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:04 am

Quote :
(without the new black panther party waving weapons outside the polling places of course)

Wonder why they got away with it?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:01 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
(without the new black panther party waving weapons outside the polling places of course)

Wonder why they got away with it?

because apparently one of the features of change is voter intimidation.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:39 am

I am on probably very liberal when it comes to my politics but as far as I am concerned neither party looks out for the interest of the average American voter.

I think that ga-hey marriage is a non issue, for one thing like exact said that marriage is deceided by the States not mandated by federal law, while I do think Propostion 8 was nothing then political posturing, I also think overturning it is nothing more than the same thing.

I wish our political parties would deceide what is right thing to do based on issues, not based on the fact that one has a little r or little d behind their name. I am tired of liberal or conservative tags or any of the other crap politicans now adays use to divide and conquer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:05 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
manny wrote:
I have nothing against gays marrying, I do not see any reason why I should suffer alone.

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Lol

Thats what Im sayin.Let em get married,why should only the straight people be miserable!

Yup, that about sums it up for me too. Misery loves company.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 am

The judge who overturned the will of the voters/citizens of California is homosexual. I doubt he was subjective, impartial, and/or unbiased in his decision. Anybody wonder why or how the case went before him?

The civil rights he claimed to have been violated are already protected by California civil union laws. So regardless of what something is called, "legal/constutional" which is what the Supreme Court interprets something is or isn't has already been established. For the life of me, I can't figure out how or why a lifestyle choice became a civil rights issue. Now under the same premise of rights, my neighbor can marry his dog.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

Quote :
Now under the same premise of rights, my neighbor can marry his dog.

Make sure he gets a prenup. Interspecies marriages rarely work out.

Oddly enough, I don't have a problem with that either. When it effects (or is it affects?) me personally, I'll start to care I guess.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Oddly enough, I don't have a problem with that either. When it effects (or is it affects?) me personally, I'll start to care I guess.

Same here I just can't get myself worked up over this issue.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I don't care either (my quip was merely sarcasm)... except for the way the overturnng went down and the reason for doing it.

It passed once than the courts said it wasn't legal unless the voters amended the state constitution. They did that and here it goes again.... That is my point.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

James B. wrote:
The judge who overturned the will of the voters/citizens of California is homosexual. I doubt he was subjective, impartial, and/or unbiased in his decision. Anybody wonder why or how the case went before him?

The civil rights he claimed to have been violated are already protected by California civil union laws. So regardless of what something is called, "legal/constutional" which is what the Supreme Court interprets something is or isn't has already been established. For the life of me, I can't figure out how or why a lifestyle choice became a civil rights issue. Now under the same premise of rights, my neighbor can marry his dog.

"Lifestyle choice"...yeah, because someone would voluntarily induct themselves into one of the most persecuted groups in history. Take it from me, it's not a choice, and if you think it is you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Schbopo wrote:
James B. wrote:

"Lifestyle choice"...yeah, because someone would voluntarily induct themselves into one of the most persecuted groups in history. Take it from me, it's not a choice, and if you think it is you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You make a good point bro, but is their any science that proves that homosexuality is not a choice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Quote :
You make a good point bro, but is their any science that proves that homosexuality is not a choice?

Is there any science that proves that Jesus ascended to Heaven?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:06 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Is there any science that proves that Jesus ascended to Heaven?

No, but thats what im trying to figure out...are homosexuals supposed to have "faith" that they were born that way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm

No, but unless you are you wouldn't know for sure. Just like someone with faith KNOWS that the Jesus fable is true.

If I was eating a sandwich made of sh!t, would you need scientific proof that it tastes like sh!t?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Stender wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
James B. wrote:

It is a choice. It's called following your heart. That's the choice people make or don't make. And when someone follows their heart, they've made the right choice.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
James B. wrote:

You have your belief and I am not gonna debate with a chid. I know alot of people who define what they do in the privacy of their bedroom, a choice. Saying homosexuals are one of the most persecuted group in history is a laugh compared to the plight of many races and the things they have endured thru out the history of mankind.

Everybody has desires and feelings towards many things. They experiment and behavior becomes a prefrence as opposed to a curiosity. You have a choice regarding everything in your life. If you give a behavior that much control over your life, you'll justify it by any means necesary and will never accept another aspect of what something is or can be.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
No, but unless you are you wouldn't know for sure. Just like someone with faith KNOWS that the Jesus fable is true.

If I was eating a sandwich made of sh!t, would you need scientific proof that it tastes like sh!t?

Yes, because you could have just stuck a kit kat in there to f*ck with me. U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

You know me so well although we've never met. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
James B. wrote:

You have your belief and I am not gonna debate with a chid. I know alot of people who define what they do in the privacy of their bedroom, a choice. Saying homosexuals are one of the most persecuted group in history is a laugh compared to the plight of many races and the things they have endured thru out the history of mankind.
Not really. You can hide your sexuality. You can't hide your color. Big difference. Those who could not hide their sexuality, for whatever reason, being caught, being too open and having too much faith in humanity's tolerance for such things, found themselves on the receiving end of the same sort of discrimination, torture, and most often death.

Quote :
Everybody has desires and feelings towards many things. They experiment and behavior becomes a prefrence as opposed to a curiosity. You have a choice regarding everything in your life. If you give a behavior that much control over your life, you'll justify it by any means necesary and will never accept another aspect of what something is or can be.
Nonsense.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:37 pm

I respectfully disagree with James B, I have no doubt in my mind that a person is born ga-hey, no I have no scientific proof etc, but I am convienced that is a fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Quote :
You have your belief and I am not gonna debate with a chid.

Did you really dismiss him because of his age? Even I wouldn't have gone down that easy road.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Eyesore said...

Quote :
Not really. You can hide your sexuality. You can't hide your color. Big difference. Those who could not hide their sexuality, for whatever reason, being caught, being too open and having too much faith in humanity's tolerance for such things, found themselves on the receiving end of the same sort of discrimination, torture, and most often death.

I can see your point but the level of persecution isn't even close to being the same.

eyesore said
Quote :
Nonsense.

just your opinion... I have a choice regarding everything I do in my life. If you believe otherwise than you are limiting yourself in the dynamic of living your life and giving control of your life to a behavior or an action as opposed to yourself.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
You have your belief and I am not gonna debate with a chid.

Did you really dismiss him because of his age? Even I wouldn't have gone down that easy road.

He already told me I didn't know what I was talking about. So I just obliged him the likewise courtesey.

Plus my own children don't speak to me like that way. Why should I indulge the children of others ?

Last edited by James B. on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore said...

Quote :

I can see your point but the level of persecution isn't even close to being the same.

eyesore said
Quote :
Nonsense.

just your opinion... I have a choice regarding everything I do in my life. If you believe otherwise than you are limiting yourself in the dynamic of living your life and giving control of your life to a behavior or an action as opposed to yourself.
We have choices, of course, but that's too easy an excuse. ga-hey men and women act straight all the time to please those who refuse to accept them otherwise. Can you, right now, stop being attracted to women? Can you? Doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I don't have choices. I have uppercuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next