Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'

Go down 
+3
Glower
James B.
muckie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Empty
PostSubject: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelin-prevail-in-stairway-to-heaven-lawsuit-20160623
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 8:28 am

I didn't need to have a judge tell me that. The chord progression is very common and has been used for hundreds of years in various types of folk music around the world.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:37 pm

I was shocked at how close the song was to Zep's.
The guy who wrote it, died in Hawaiia , saving his son from drowning.
Still, Zep, as we all know ' borrowed ' from many people.
I love Zep. I think Page was tops. But....
The son should be given at least a million.
Money won the case.
Just like Hillary, and others.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Taurus is only two and a half minutes, whereas Stairway to Heaven is eight minutes long.

Plus it was only one part of the song, and other than that, the songs are astronomically different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Eh, there are still more cases that could put up like Black Dog and that Fleetwood Mac song that was stolen from
Zeppelin stole most of their music from other artists and that's just a fact. Nothing new, nothing shocking, a lot of bands got away with stealing, even decades later like Papa Roach with their Infest album that wouldn't exist without Iron Maiden.

I still don't get why Zeppelin is loved by so many, considering they stole a lot of music, Page basically kidnapped, raped and enslaved a minor and how Plant is allowed to go around saying that neither Deep Purple or Black Sabbath were as creative as Sabbath and blasting Coverdale and Whitesnake for being a Zeppelin rip-off.
Zeppelin is a joke and they make a fool out of themself all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:22 pm

..............and he stole Steve Marriots singing style.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 6:01 pm

I do not buy the argument that Led Zeppelin stole their music. 'Whole Lotta Love' sounds nothing like a single Willie Dixon song, its one thing to be influenced by something, whole another to rip off an artist or song wholesale, never saw it that way with Led Zeppelin.

Maybe if Robert Plant had written original lyrics not lift them directly from blues songs, this discussion would be different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'   Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judge: 'Led Zeppelin did not plaigiarize Taurus song.'
Page 1 of 1