Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8

Go down 
+18
MetalGuy71
Joe
Troublezone
Approval Guy
Smindas
XYZ
tohostudios
Schbopo
GrandNational
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
chewie
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
manny
Dave the Boss
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
What if I was in love with my sister and wanted to marry her? Why can't we get married?

Quick true story: when my wife and I were getting ready for our wedding in '99 we had to bring a "witness" with us to register for our marriage license, so my Mom came along. We filled out the paperwork and the lady in the office ran us thru a bunch of questions, the last one being "are you in any way related to the bride?" -- My Mom thought she was talking to her, so she sez "No, I'm related to the groom, I'm his mother." The lady points to me and sez "No, I was talking to HIM."

So I put on a Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel voice and went "Uhhh, yeah, we's brother n sister, but it's OK, we ain't gonna have us no babies cuz we knows they'd be ree-tarded."

...the lady didn't find that nearly as funny as I thought she would. As we left the office (with marriage license in hand) my Mom AND my wife-to-be gave me no end of sh*t all the way home for being such a wise ass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I think Ellen DeGeneres is pretty.

You and Portia De Rossi are probably the only people who can say that. U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_lol

As for where I stand on this issue: In the immortal words of Ted Nugent, "you can f*ck buffalo for all I care, just don't make me watch."

LOL!!!!!!!!!

My biggest issue with the current way thing are is the government can come in and take all of the assets of the partner who dies, leaving the other partner with nothing. I agree with Uncle Ted!!!!! Civil unions should be allowed - Marriage to me is a term for a man and a woman. That's what I believe. But, the government has no business taking the dead partner's stuff and keeping it away from the living partner.

I have no problem at all with partner benefits or any of that other stuff. Keep the government out of our lives!!!!!!

Have to add, sodomy is not unconstitutional. No where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that sodomy is illegal. The states did that. It was changed in some of them, and others it is still on the book. Like in Virgina, where I live, Sodomy is illegal, even between a man and a woman. Virginia also considers oral sex sodomy. Of course, the Commonwealth of Virginia doesn't enforce that particular law - just a perfect example of f'd up government!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
What if I was in love with my sister and wanted to marry her? Why can't we get married?

Quick true story: when my wife and I were getting ready for our wedding in '99 we had to bring a "witness" with us to register for our marriage license, so my Mom came along. We filled out the paperwork and the lady in the office ran us thru a bunch of questions, the last one being "are you in any way related to the bride?" -- My Mom thought she was talking to her, so she sez "No, I'm related to the groom, I'm his mother." The lady points to me and sez "No, I was talking to HIM."

So I put on a Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel voice and went "Uhhh, yeah, we's brother n sister, but it's OK, we ain't gonna have us no babies cuz we knows they'd be ree-tarded."

...the lady didn't find that nearly as funny as I thought she would. As we left the office (with marriage license in hand) my Mom AND my wife-to-be gave me no end of sh*t all the way home for being such a wise ass.

hahahahaaha! U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Thank God your wife to be did not have her staple gun handy!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

yeah, freddys nutsack would have been nailed to his forhead. U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I think Ellen DeGeneres is pretty.

You and Portia De Rossi are probably the only people who can say that. U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_lol

As for where I stand on this issue: In the immortal words of Ted Nugent, "you can f*ck buffalo for all I care, just don't make me watch."

LOL!!!!!!!!!

My biggest issue with the current way thing are is the government can come in and take all of the assets of the partner who dies, leaving the other partner with nothing. I agree with Uncle Ted!!!!! Civil unions should be allowed - Marriage to me is a term for a man and a woman. That's what I believe. But, the government has no business taking the dead partner's stuff and keeping it away from the living partner.

I have no problem at all with partner benefits or any of that other stuff. Keep the government out of our lives!!!!!!

Have to add, sodomy is not unconstitutional. No where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that sodomy is illegal. The states did that. It was changed in some of them, and others it is still on the book. Like in Virgina, where I live, Sodomy is illegal, even between a man and a woman. Virginia also considers oral sex sodomy. Of course, the Commonwealth of Virginia doesn't enforce that particular law - just a perfect example of f'd up government!!!!

The Goverment supports sodomy, take a look at how much smaller your check has gotten while your bills have gotten larger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm

manny wrote:

Thankfully she wasn't issued the staple gun by the authorities until after our wedding reception. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm

manny wrote:
I have nothing against gays marrying, I do not see any reason why I should suffer alone.

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Lol

Thats what Im sayin.Let em get married,why should only the straight people be miserable!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
manny wrote:
I have nothing against gays marrying, I do not see any reason why I should suffer alone.

Thats what Im sayin.Let em get married,why should only the straight people be miserable!

This is what I was thinking yesterday too! It's bad enough for them as it is in this society, and they willing want to bring on more suffering as married couples? That's funny in a twisted way.

Also, another angle on this is the money issue. More marriage licenses to hand out, and eventually, more divorce proceedings to go through in the future. $$$. Ya, ga-hey marriage is partly business, let's not forget.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm

As someone who is currently, well, "in doubt" about his sexuality, I have to say I am quite pleased with this.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
manny wrote:

This is what I was thinking yesterday too! It's bad enough for them as it is in this society, and they willing want to bring on more suffering as married couples? That's funny in a twisted way.

Also, another angle on this is the money issue. More marriage licenses to hand out, and eventually, more divorce proceedings to go through in the future. $$$. Ya, ga-hey marriage is partly business, let's not forget.

Very true human nature being the way it is, right now divorce lawyers in California are having a few drinks in celebration.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Not to mention caterers, rental halls, photographers/videographers, DJ's tuxedo/dress dealers, and on and on. Hell, places like that are probably all PRAYING that it becomes legal across the board... Their businesses would double.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Schbopo wrote:
As someone who is currently, well, "in doubt" about his sexuality, I have to say I am quite pleased with this.

If it makes you feel any better, Schmoop...we've never been in doubt.

Love,

Your friends at Heart Of Metal
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:08 pm

To me this is almost a non issue, maybe because I am not ga-hey I feel that way. I honestly do not feel that a couple should be discriminated against because of their sexuality, if a ga-hey couple or lesiban couple want to get married to show the world they are commited to each other, then who am I to tell them they can't?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:15 pm

manny wrote:
To me this is almost a non issue, maybe because I am not ga-hey I feel that way. I honestly do not feel that a couple should be discriminated against because of their sexuality, if a ga-hey couple or lesiban couple want to get married to show the world they are commited to each other, then who am I to tell them they can't?

exactly, as long as homosexuals dont infringe on my rights to be a hetrosexual there should be no problems.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Well,

Here is the California Domestic Partnership(not Civil Union as I misquoted)code:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=fam&group=00001-01000&file=297-297.5

California Family Code section 297.5 (a) where it states that same-sex couples already have all the same rights granted to married couples.

Last edited by chewie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:40 pm

The Goverment supports sodomy, take a look at how much smaller your check has gotten while your bills have gotten larger.[/quote]

CLASSIC!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Not to mention caterers, rental halls, photographers/videographers, DJ's tuxedo/dress dealers, and on and on. Hell, places like that are probably all PRAYING that it becomes legal across the board... Their businesses would double.

With the economy the way it is, and the ga-hey community being mostly rich, I think it can use all the stimulation it can can get.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm

This is one of the issues where I can wave my "independent flag". I really don't give a rat's a** whether ga-hey couples can be legally married or not. I'd prefer they be limited to "civil unions" but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this issue either way.

Much, MUCH bigger fish to fry IMO...

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Here's part of what my wife had to say about this when she wrote to a radio talk show on this subject:

Quote :
I am not "anti-ga-hey" at all, and I was on the fence about same sex marriage until I read the law. When I realized that same sex couples are "subject to the same responsibilities, obligations, and duties under law... as are granted to and imposed upon spouses," I realized that what the controversy is really about is the word "marriage," not anything related to rights or privileges. So what it boils down to then is that same sex couples are not fighting to achieve equality, but are attacking the basic family unit that makes up our Christian-based society - and I am staunchly atheist.

It's nothing but a cultural affront.

I am no longer undecided.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 am

I'm staying away from this one. I'll be just fine without being called "a closed-minded bigot" or a "hypocrite."
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 am

SpectreFate wrote:
What if I was in love with my sister and wanted to marry her? Why can't we get married? People may have no problem with that, but that kind of extreme scenario warrants a skunk eye from me.
Because the implication of a marriage is to eventually have children via procreation. And procreating with your sister or anyone who shares as much genetic data in common is exceptionally risky. In a homosexual marriage, you don't have that option.

I really don't see the issue in same-sex relationships being referred to as a 'marriage'. It's an equal relationship to a heterosexuality and if it's carrying all the same benefits as a 'marriage', what's the big deal? As someone already said, definitions constantly change, I don't see why "marriage" wouldn't be one of them. I don't see it as an "attack" on the family unit, just its modern adaptation.

Also Freddy, you are a legend.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:40 am

It just cracks me up that all this brouhaha is brought on by the word "marriage". Who cares?

It's a word, it's an "idea" that's open to interpretation, it's also a practice that seems to be inherently against out natural tendencies (look at divorce rates). Why ANYONE gives a smurf poo is beyond me.

My Dad was married and divorced 4 times, had a kid with each marriage and lived with NONE of them, raised none of them and left nothing behind for any of us when he passed on. Just because he was legally married to all the different Moms doesn't help the kids out in any way.

Marriage is something that should be allowed to be experienced by anyone dumb enough to fall for it, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 am

detuned wrote:
It just cracks me up that all this brouhaha is brought on by the word "marriage". Who cares?

It's a word, it's an "idea" that's open to interpretation, it's also a practice that seems to be inherently against out natural tendencies (look at divorce rates). Why ANYONE gives a smurf poo is beyond me.

Marriage is something that should be allowed to be experienced by anyone dumb enough to fall for it, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

What was that Freddy was saying about a Chinesses fire drill?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 am

detuned wrote:

Laughing very hard Obviously detuned subscribes to Gene Simmons' philosophy that "marriage is an institution, why would you want to be institutionalized?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8   U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.S. Judge Overturns Proposition 8
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next