Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!

Go down 
+14
troublemagnet
SAHB Healer
kmorg
Wargod
chewie
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
jstate
tohostudios
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 am

Those last two discs looked pretty interesting Chewie. Journey MK I, Camel, FM, It Bites - good stuff- sorry that they got wasted on PRD! Razz Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

I will be sending out SAHB's CD's by Friday ( I have no car) and I will be doing my review of his disc tonight after work
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

A review of the disc I received from SAHB:

1-Tractor-All Ends Up-Never heard of this band or most of the other bands on this disc. This band dances on the edge of psychedelia and proto metal. Almost like a heavy metal Grateful Dead without the suckage factor. Loved the track and great way to open the disc.

2-Keef Hartley Band-Sinning for You-from 1969 and thanks to the generous notes provided to me by SAHB he informed me Hartley used to drum for John Mayall's Blues Breakers. Loved the intro to the song and this song fits the time period nicely. Somewhat a bluesy touch with a hint of jazz, similar to what Traffic was doing this time period.

3-Aardvark-Copper Sunset-Love these lost gems of the 70's and this song is no exception. The song has a killer bassline and a killer organ solo, great great tracl

4-Fuse-Permanent Resident-Pre Cheap Trick Rick Nielsen and Tom Peterson from 1968!! This is a cool little song that has a bit of Doors influence mixed with a garage rock sound that is almost punk rock attitude.

5-Gypsy-Gypsy Queen (Pt. I-The Warning)-Very cool song with great vocal harmonies, this is from 1970, and for some reason this is what I imagine Blue Oyster Cult might have sounded like before they recorded their debut album.

6-Titanic-One Night In Eagle Rock- another lost gem and band I will explore further, one of my favorite from the CD and I am not even a huge fan of prog rock.

7-A Foot in Cold Water-Yalla Yea- Another great track from the 1970's, loved the opening riff and just a great song all around, my fav track on the album.

8-Bloodrock-Life Blood-I have heard of this band for years but never heard their music. Maybe because what I had read over the years I was somewhat disappointed by this track, it is not a bad song but a little too middle of the road for me, still I will explore further cuts from this band since SAHB added them to this comp they should be worth exploring.

9-Elroy-Illuminations-Liked it a prog band that has a bit of a pop hooks to them, somewhat like the Robin Trevor era of Yes, if Rick Wakeman had stayed with YES during this period I suspect they would sound alot like this song.

10-Grand Prix-Somewhere Tonight-I remember Robin McAuley has the guy who turned the Michael Schenker Group into just another pop metal act during the last half of the 80's. Used to hate those MSG albums with his vocals on it, over time my opinion of those albums have mellowed and actually enjoy them now and this song is very good song of the pop metal songs that McAuley is so good at crafting.

11-Legend-Frontline-Thanks to a comp CD I already owned and Dave the Boss's NWOBHM I have become a big fan of this some bit of metal history. Legend was one of the bands that were part of the scene who recorded one album then faded back into history. What a shame this band was very good.

12-Tyson Dog-The Inquistion- Another NWOBHM, incredible that such of brief of time all this bands could create such a great songs and just fade away.

13-Snow Dog-Chasing the Dragon- A very good pop metal song that seems to be an anti drug song which of course is strange thing to sing about in the coke filled 80's

14-Saracen-Ready to Fly-These guys owe a huge Judas Priest, a very cool pop metal band with a bit of prog influences and extra layer of cheese on top.

I enjoyed this disc and it introduced me to some excellent bands, thank you SAHB I enjoyed the hell out of it
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Those last two discs looked pretty interesting Chewie. Journey MK I, Camel, FM, It Bites - good stuff- sorry that they got wasted on PRD! Razz Smile

lol! There are times you just really have to be picky and music is that time for me. If I liked everything I'd be able to make a house out of cds... hmmm ... a house made out of cds. Not a bad idea. Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am

Glad you enjoyed it Manny. I'm afraid I let you down on the Bloodrock though. That album was an abberation from them, although I liked it. Classic Bloodrock was more Texas hard rock with some psych trippiness to it. Much heavier and straighforward than the song I included here.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm

manny wrote:
A review of the disc I received from SAHB:

2-Keef Hartley Band-Sinning for You.

Does this mean that SAHB has that Dog Soldier album as well?

Quote :
3-Aardvark-Copper Sunset

Whoa! I thought I'd be the only one on this board who has even heard of these guys.

Quote :
4-Fuse-Permanent Resident

Are you sure that I don't already know you?

Quote :
9-Eloy-Illuminations

Ahhhh..... from the Colours album. Are you sure, SAHB, that you didn't live in Sacramento? Work at one of the record stores here and sell me an Eloy album? Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I haven't been to California since 1966. It does sound like we have similar tastes though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:17 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it Manny. I'm afraid I let you down on the Bloodrock though. That album was an abberation from them, although I liked it. Classic Bloodrock was more Texas hard rock with some psych trippiness to it. Much heavier and straighforward than the song I included here.

It was not a terrible song and since you are a fan of Bloodrock I will definitley be looking more into them, btw I made three discs worth of music and it reflects a very small cross section of my collection and included alot of major bands from deep cuts from albums that may not have been as popular as some of their other releases, also included a live cut from my fav band of all time.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I will get the review of JState's third disc tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:11 am

manny wrote:

6-Titanic-One Night In Eagle Rock- another lost gem and band I will explore further, one of my favorite from the CD and I am not even a huge fan of prog rock.

NICE! Great Norwegian band!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
Place Vendome is awesome!!

I certainly agree with that! I recently got the second album along with several other great melodic hard rock albums and it stood out the most. So far I've liked everything associated with Dennis Ward (as a matter of fact he's involved in all but two of the five MHR albums I recently got).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Nothing yet from DB, though the mail here is only 5-day delivery, and can be pretty damn slow sometimes!!

He should be getting mine in the next few days, hopefully!

Well I did get yours today and will hvea review by next weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Place Vendome is awesome!!

I certainly agree with that! I recently got the second album along with several other great melodic hard rock albums and it stood out the most. So far I've liked everything associated with Dennis Ward (as a matter of fact he's involved in all but two of the five MHR albums I recently got).

I think Kiske sounds the best he ever has on the second PV cd. I am excited for another cd from them.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:28 am

The albatross made it across the ocean. Kmorg's discs were waiting for me in my in-box this morning. 3 discs of head-banging fury. I can't wait!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am

Got mine from Required Fields a couple days ago will review it this weekend.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:59 pm

OK, here we go! MetalGuy71 sent me 2 CD's, 1 ROCK and 1 METAL. Here is me review of the ROCK CD:

1. Rose Tattoo - Nice Boys

I've heard alot about this band, reading about how great and underrated they are. But since they've always been lumped in with the AC/DC school of rock, I've never bothered to check them out any further, thinking since I don't even bother much with AC/DC, why should I invest in a "copy"? Well, BIG MISTAKE!!!! This song is AWESOME! GREAT, catchy hard rock, with lots of hook and the right mentality. "Nice boys don't play rock 'n' roll", indeed! We're off to a good start.

2. The Answer - On And On

This is a pretty new band, right? Another one I've pretty much written off as something that won't interest me, like so many bands featured in Kerrang! and Hammer these days. The whole retro rock thingy is just not for me. Again, BIG f-in' MISTAKE! This is another highlight on the CD, with more catchy hard rock, and a chorus that you'll sing along to already on the first spin!

3. Slash (feat. Iggy Pop) - We're All Gonna Die

Gotta admit that I've been little curious about Slash's solo album. Not sure why, as I've not followed him at all after G'n'R. But this song makes me even more intrigued. Slash and Iggy together is as natural as milk 'n' cookies! Rock 'n' Roll bliss, baby! A fantastic rock tune, with an attitude that that's scare the living beezwax outta most "straight" people! That is 3 for 3, MetalGuy!

4. TAB The Band - Secretary's Day

By now MetalGuy is trying his damndest to make me a hard rock freak... and succseeding too! This is another great punk infused, indie, hard rockin' goodie. Not as good as the first 3, but still a cool tune that leaves me wanting more.

5. Wolfmother - Joker & The Thief

This is a familiar band, and just the kind of retro stuff I was writing about earlier. These guys are doing everything right, and I have no idea why I have such animosity towards bands like this. Maybe they're trying just a bit too much? But I digress. This is still a really good song, with that toal '70's wibe, and catchier than 90 % of all the new metal coming out these days!

6. Starwood - Social Zero

Not at all familiar with this band. A qick search found their website "hidden" somewhere on the www.lizzyborden.com domain?? The singer calls himself Lizzy. Am I missing something? Anyhow, this is another retro rock band, playing music that mixes a lot of different influences, mostly sleaze and glam rock bands from days of yore. Not a bad song, but nothing I'd invest any more time with, I guess.

7. Aerosmith - Milk Cow Blues

Yeah, I know, I need more Aerosmith... I've tried though, but this is proabably the most overrated band in my book (Scott's gonna have my neutered for this... well, he's too late! Laughing). This song is far from the hits most people know them from though.
As a side note, i saw a documentary about the recording of Rolling Stones "Exile On Main St." here the other day..... wonder why the Stones haven't sued Aerosmtih for copying... well, EVERYTHING from them, right down to Steven's stage antics.

8. Tora Tora - Walkin' Shoes

I remember this band! I think I borrowed an album called "somthing-something America something-something" years ago, but I can't remember if this song was on it. Anyhow, this is pretty safe and bluesy hard rock/hair metal, from the late '80's/early '90's. Very reminiscent of Cinderella, me thinks.

9. Bang Tango - Dancin' On Coal

More hair metal! Another catchy tune, but not one that sticks out. It reminds me too much of..... the next band:

10. D.A.D. - Sleepin' My Day Away

I have no friggin' idea why I don't own any D.A.D. albums! I've known about them since they were still named Disneyland After Dark, and they were on a bicycle holiday in Norway! This song, and they're "Laugh N' 1/2" are huuuuuge favorites! Probably the best song on the comp, along with Rose Tatoo, The Answer and Slash.

11. Masters Of Reality - Gettin' High

Is this a song about aeroplanes? LOL I think this is another retro-band. But instead of being a Black Sabbath worship band that the name suggests, this is more laid back and "basic". Like a 50's/'60's blues tune, recorded in the current millenium. Sorry, this did nothing for me.

12. Col. Parker - Blink Of An Eye

Didn't know Elvis' old manager made music on his own! LOL I can see why they chose the name though, as this is "modern" rockabilly, and much more convincing than those bozos in The Baseballs. Still, not something I'd listen to again.

13. The Throbs - It's Not The End Of The World

Knew the name, but not the music. Have no idea how to label this. Sleazy hard rock with punk and rockabilly overtones? A pretty cool song, if for nothing else, the novelty of it. Jerry Lee Lewis is boogie-ing along in his grave!

14. Jason & The Scorchers - Shotgun Blues

If you told me that this was the exact same band as the prior song, you could have fooled me! A little less punk-flavored, but still sleaze-tinged rockabilly is how I'd describe these guys. Is this a cover song?

15. The Cramps - Naked Girls Falling Down The Stairs

And now the reverse, this is more punk, but hold the sleaze! Iggy Pop meets Ramones meets The Clash! Yes, this is punk! For whatever reason though, after the previous 2 songs, I hear plenty of rockabilly here too. Very cool tune!

16. Steve Jones (w/Axl Rose) - I Did U No Wrong

More punk, of course (Steve Jones was a member of the Sex Pistols). But this is just as much hard rock 'n' roll as punk. Very well played, and a solid guest appearance from Axl. Cool song!

17. Hair Of The Dog - I

A band named after a Nazareth album, playing a cover song from Kiss' most hated/loved album, "Music From (The Elder")!!!! I've only heard about this band, but never heard them. Sort of feel that I still haven't! lol This is a vey well executed cover of an underrated song! Loved the excerpts from several other Kiss songs too. Not sure about he acoustic ending after the ending though...

18. Foo Fighters - Skin And Bones

I've always hated this band by default (because of the link to Nirvana). This acoustic song ain't gonna change that, sorry.

19. Joe Elliott's Down n' Outz - Good Times

Solo thingy from Def Leppard's singer? Never knew about this. And this song rocks hard too! I think it is a cover though, as this sounds like a rev'd up '60's boogie tune!
A little research showed that this is Joe backed by the London Quireboys, doin'a Mott The Hoople cover album!

20. Joey Ramone - What A Wonderful World

It's Joey Ramone doin' a classic! 'Nuff said! I really need to invest in some Ramones!!! Gabba-gabba-hey

21. Izzy Stradlin - Grunt

More G'n'R related stuff. This was a lot heavier than I expected! It's an instrumental, with Izzy really tearin' it up! Solid riffs and with some cool breaks for variation. Is there a glimpse of a Uriah Heep tune hiden somewhere in there? A very strong ending to this CD, and a song I actually liked, despite my preconseived (sp?) thoughts.

As a whole I found a lot here I liked. More than I would have hoped for, as I usually ignore 99% of all the bands on this CD! I hope I can keep my promise to myself to check out some of these bands more!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Great comp!

No, that's not a cover by Jason and the Scorchers. I've seen them in concert twice; great live band. Country punk music.

The Answer has one of the best lead singers out there IMO. The guy has great range yet also sings with emotion; he's not just all "lemme show off my pipes"; there's soul there as well.

In case you didn't know, Col. Parker includes Slim Jim Phantom of Stray Cats & Gilby Clarke

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Ok here is my review and comp from Required Fields.

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning, Classic Priest one of my favorite older priest cuts.

Exhorder - Legions Of Death, I have some Exhorder but not this one, classicl Exhorder thrash.

Frobidden - Twisted Into Form, I know this comes from what most say is their best and I don't have, fast starting intro but it gradually levels off and is not as fast paced as most thrash I have.

Grim Reaper - When Heaven Comes Down, this is actually a cd I have which is classic Reaper more traditional metal in the sense.

Dio - Hide In The Rainbow, I love dio but this not one of my faves but still good. Dio the name says it all.

Tokyo Blade - Warrior Of The Rising Sun, definitely NWOBHW metal I do like this and will invest in some soon.

Leather - The Battlefield Of Life, have not really heard much Leather Leone but this is not bad but from what I hear the Chastain era is best.

Acridity - For Freedom I Cry, early 90's thrash that is basically new to me and I have alot of thrash. Again this is a bit slower than thrash I'm used to. The production is raw sounding the drumming is kinda slow for this song.

The Hordes Of Torment - Product Of A Sick Mind, no this is more my style of thrash fast paced balls to the wall thrash this also is early 90's thrash. Definitely have early thrash influences of Exodus.

Chastain - The Voice Of The Cult, to be honset with ya this is actually the first I've heard Chastian with Leather. I have Chastian with Kate French which I love 2 completely diffent styles. Leather has that more aggresive voice where Kate has more of a higher pitch. Will be getting some Leather era Chastian.

Overkill - Half Past Dead, I love Overkill but this not one of favs from them to slow for me.

Defiance - Inside Looking Out, again I don't have any but to me this is more power thrash. Bay area influenced but not quite up there with the better thrashers from bay area.

Solitude Aeturnus - Shattered My Spirit, rarely do I listen to dOOm but vocally this rocked, slower paced melodic vocals. I do owe some Solitude but later ones. I think I heard this is one to get.

Saint Vitus - Dragon Time, this would not play for me most likely corrupted file. I do Like early Saint Vitus.

Manilla Road - Shadows In The Black, again another corrupt file so I can't comment on either of these 2.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey Chewie you ever listen to the rest of the discs?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Oh yeah... sorry. I am currently formulating the reviews for them. When I'm done they'll be up in quick succession.

Just being a slow poke, is all.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 am

chewie wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Oh yeah... sorry. I am currently formulating the reviews for them. When I'm done they'll be up in quick succession.

Just being a slow poke, is all.

all good Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Sorry about the corrupted files, WarGod51. The songs played just fine on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey, WarGod51, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm

On to the final disc from JState (sorry for the delay!), this one themed around trash and crossover trash/punk.

Disc 3:

1. Crumbsuckers – Charge
One of the first hard core/metal crossover bands. This is a decent song and metals fans who also like punk will dig this band.

2. Killjoy – Enemy Within (Cycle Of Insanity)
Killjoy is the singer for death metal band Necrophagia and this song is from his only solo album. OK song – the music is good, and Killjoy doesn’t use cookie monster vocals on this one.

3. Repent – Escape From Reality
Never heard of this band. Good thrash metal song. This music is great, the vocals are OK. I have heard better, but this band may be worth looking at futher.

4. Rest In Pieces – I Got The Fire
OK cover of “I’ve Got The Fire” – the singers voice doesn’t work too well with covering this song. I prefer Maiden’s cover of this one.

5. Rumplestiltskin Grinder – Beware Of The Trash Brigade
The title of the song should tell you what type of metal this is. This one is not clicking with me – not a big fan of the vocals. Music is OK, but the vocals are a turn off to me.

6. Eviction – Drunken State
Never heard of this band, this is a trash metal song. The music is good, the vocals are OK, it took a couple listens to get used to the singer’s phrasing of the lyrics.

7. Meanstreak – Snake Pit
Cool song, starts with the stereotypical snake charmer music (the one you can sign “there’s a place in france where with women wear no pants” to) then trashes out, this one with a female singer. I thought it was a Getty Lee clone at first, but then realized it was a woman singing.

8. Stone – Light Entertainment (Good Old Times)
Never heard of this band, but the music is AWESOME. The singer works well for the music – I need to check out more from this band!

9. Gang Green – Tear Down The Walls
I have heard of this band, but never heard them before. Sounds like 80’s punk/metal crossover to me. Good track, I should check out more from this band.

10. Sacred Denial – Brothers Inventions
More Punk/Metal crossover – this one more on the punk side, which I like. Never heard of this band before, but cool song. I would need to hear more before I add to my collection.

11. Excel – Looking For You
Another Trash/Punk crossover band. Cool song and I forgot how much I liked punk and the crossover bands. This song reminds of the some of the kids I knew that where skaters and they would play this music while riding a half pipe.

12. Short Sharp Shock
Never heard of this band, but they sound like more modern than the rest of the bands on this CD. Thrash tunes with a punk style singer. I would like to hear more from this guys before I decided to add to my collection.

13. Acid Drinkers – I Am The Mystic
Another cool crossover song from a band I had never heard of.

Overall, a cool disc and some interesting bands I haven't heard of before! All three disc where GREAT listens and a big thanks to JState for putting them together!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm

My review of WarGod's first compilation:

1. 44 Caliber - Little Miss Trouble
A late 80s style band in the vein of Mötley Crüe.

2. BTO - Madison Avenue
BTO are a very famous band up here in Canada; classic rock stations play them all the time. I've never been to the States, so I can't say if that's the case there (if so, I assume they aren't as well known, though I do know they did appear on a Simpsons episode many years ago). This song is one, though, I am not familiar with.

3. Caravellus - Corsairs in Black
I had never heard of this band before. This band plays power metal...and does it very well!

4. Elias T. Hoth - Roll Down Dirty
A very sleazy blues track with some humorous lyrics.

5. Furyon - Don't Follow
Modern metal/hard rock hybrid band.

6. Hanker - Conspiracy of Mass Extinction
Canadian power metal band. Good stuff!

7. Iron Fate - Killer Instinct
Another band I had never heard before; melodic power metal band.

8. Killem - Facade
I quite liked this one, particularly for the transition it took halfway during the song.

9. Rattlehead - Sign of Your Life
Judging from the name, I expected thrash, and that's what I got. The band plays melodic thrash in the vein of Megadeth/Metallica.

10. Snake Eyes - Gain Nothing
Polish thrash metal band.

11. Voices From Beyond - The Key of Doom
Melodic, thrashy metal from Italy. Another band I had never heard of before.

12. Violator - Deadly Sadistic Experiments
A very fast thrash metal song! I really dug this one! Great stuff! headbanger

13. Batallion - Headbangers
A very anthemic style metal song. Good stuff!

14. Corruptor - Iron Empire
Melodic power/thrash band. Another band who I am unfamiliar with.

15. Elimination - The Eliminator
An Exodus influenced thrash metal band. I dug this song!

Overall, thanks for the compilation! I look forward to checking out the second disc!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!   Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swap-A-Comp - The Reviews!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next