Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time

Go down 
+11
Gilbert
krokus
Smindas
stormspell
tohostudios
Joe
A Handful of Wayne
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
INVADERS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 am

This band is a victim of it's success. They changed and people were dissapointed but if they hadn't the cry of they keep doing the same album would have surfaced. I love all they have done, some more then others but they never lose me.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

INVADERS wrote:
They have also filmed a video for A Voice In The Dark.
Decent video but a little weird. Hansi looks dodgy with short hair.
The video was a bit weird but Hansi looks much better with short hair. I remember he cut it just before they played Bloodstock last year and when I went to the signing session before their set, I almost didn't recognise him.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 pm

The new Rage album came with a DVD of their Wacken set as well, and between Peavy in a sports jersey taking up half the stage, and awkward looking Hansi with short hair standing COMPLETELY STILL in front of thousands and thousands of people (he was a guest vocalist), it was quite interesting to witness.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:37 pm

That's Hansi for you. He did that for their live DVD as well. Actually, the whole band just stood there. There were so many screen changes to give you the appearance that they were going crazy up there.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I just ordered this cd (2cd´s edition). Hope to get it soon. I bought the new maxi in Madrid some time ago and liked the two new songs (didnt care about the cover song, before they had cool ones like DONT BREAK THE CIRCLE for exemple). I hope i will like AT THE EDGE OF TIME because the two before i dont care about much.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 am

I love the early blind guardian material. Speed metal at its finest.

I hope they go back to playing such kind of metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm

After a couple listens now i'm hearing some mid 90's to more recent stuff all mixed in. I don't think they'll ever be the speed band they were at first.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 pm

I got the album this Tuesday and I've listened to it a few times. I think the album is pretty good. The one thing that just gets me though is that their songs just don't grab me like they used to. I don't know what it is because I really like the music a lot. Maybe they are just using too much of the orchestra stuff and Hansi is over dubbing in so many background vocals that it strays away from the old Blind Guardian sound which was more stripped back and had less of a broadway musical feel. Don't get me wrong I like what they are doing but I just wish they would tone it down a bit and stop trying to be so over the top. Every other band is trying to be "over the top" with their music that they kind of just get lumped in with everyone else.

I don't now. I still love this band but just miss the simple days with just being metal and simple but yet have enough things going on to keep your interests. Look at the Bards Song. Its so friggin' simple and yet when they play it live the whole crowed sings along with it. I'm just affraid moments like those are almost long gone.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 pm

This,along with a few other releases,are high on my priority to buy list. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:33 am

I pre-order it. I hope to get it any of these days
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:22 am

Listened to A Twist In The Myth yesterday, having rested it for a while, still does nothing for me. I`ll wait with the new one, too much other stuff i want at this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:14 am

Olafsto wrote:
Listened to A Twist In The Myth yesterday, having rested it for a while, still does nothing for me. I`ll wait with the new one, too much other stuff i want at this time.

I dig ATITM still but the new one sounds good from what i have heard. I am going to pop out to Best Buy this evening and get it.

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:29 am

Olaf, I think you'll be surprised at the new one.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 pm

I like BG from a musician's perspective, it is very well crafted and played with a great deal of finesse BUT I CANT STAND HANSI'S VOCALS! The only thing he's ever sang that sounded right to me was the guest vocal on Angra's Winds of Destination. It doesn't stop me from buying the CD's, I just can't listen all the way through in one shot. I have to stop and take a break, or listen to something else for a little while. I know that I will probably get flamed for this but I can't help it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:23 pm

After a couple listens I like this. Starts and finishes strong. I'll have to pay more attention to the middle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time    Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2