Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you've never heard a note from

Go down 
+27
metalken
Lari
Approval Guy
jstate
Temple of Blood
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Dave the Boss
Grimmo
Leatherface
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Jesusandmetal23
mc666
Joe
troublemagnet
Schbopo
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
stevegarveyfan
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Lari wrote:
5 years later, I still haven't heard Cage.

I have only heard, Hell Destroyer, and I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh, I have never heard Running Wild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Until very recently Marillion was at the top of that list, but I have started dipping my toes into their catalog.

I haven't paid any attention to the recent hipster scene so bands like Vampire Weekend remain unheard by me...and will probably remain as such.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:07 pm

I love Marillion, but their 80s neo-prog sound isn't my favorite. It sounds like Genesis worship at times, albeit great Genesis worship. I like their early stuff with Fish, but the Hogarth era is what Marillion should be known for. Seasons End, Brave, and Afraid of Sunlight are three of my favorite albums from any artist.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 7:22 am

S.D. wrote:
Until very recently Marillion was at the top of that list, but I have started dipping my toes into their catalog.  

I haven't paid any attention to the recent hipster scene so bands like Vampire Weekend remain unheard by me...and will probably remain as such.  

I had never listened to Marillion either up until sometime this year. I have three of the five performances from the 1985 Monsters of Rock (ZZ Top, Metallica, RATT), and since it was the 30th Anny of that bill, I thought I should give Marillion and Magnum a listen, since both were on the bill as well. I believe I listened to 1985's "Misplaced Childhood". I need to check that album out again and some of their other early stuff.

Regarding "Vampire Weekend", I just checked out 2010's "Contra", which happened to be at the library I visit on occasion. I dug the name of the band and the cover got my attention. The story behind the cover is quite fascinating in its own right. Having said that, the band just didn't click for me. It's very rare when I can't find a tune on an album that speaks to me. Another band that I finally checked out was Arcade Fire...I know... I'm not going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over this band, but what I didn't get with Vampire Weekend, I got with Arcade Fire. I've really been behind with what's popular with the kids over the last five years, so I've been also checking out bands like Free Energy, who I really dig and The Vaccines, Neon Trees, and Foster the People. The Vaccines are kinda cool, the other two are fine, but a little to catchy and poppy for my standards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you've never heard a note from
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3