Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you've never heard a note from

Go down 
+27
metalken
Lari
Approval Guy
jstate
Temple of Blood
exact33
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Dave the Boss
Grimmo
Leatherface
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Jesusandmetal23
mc666
Joe
troublemagnet
Schbopo
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
stevegarveyfan
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
I have never listened to Iced Earth, Warrior Soul, Anvil, Nevermore, Cirith Ungol, Edguy, Mortification, Raven, UDO, Deliverance, Tourniquet, or Grave Digger and have no interest to.

Out of all of those you really have to just break down and listen to NEVERMORE and GRAVE DIGGER.

umm......RAVEN?!?!?!?! Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
I've never heard Warrior Soul

Neither have I KMorg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 pm

viking
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

Soilwork.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 am

I have still never heard Dew Scented (It's just the name I think ... however, I've heard they're quite good).

I never heard Sodom until earlier this year ... and now I have all their studio albums!

Other bands I'm still yet to hear:

Coroner ( I know, ... this is bad.)
Crumbsucker
Raven
Municipal Waste
Warbringer
Holy Danger ... oops hang on, I think i might have heard a song once!
Evile
The Iron Maidens (the female tribute band).
Bonded in Blood
Behemoth
Charmed Leather
Obnoxious
Watchtower
.... more will come to mind later.

Last edited by Grimmo on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : tiredness)
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 am

Warrior Soul here too. And most modern metalcore bands.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 am

Ones I'm ashamed of:
Believer
Moshkateers

Other big names I've just never heard or wanted to:
Underoath
Demon Hunter
Zao

many many others....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am

This is proving harder for me than I thought.

Sure, it's easy for me to discount stuff like black & death metal or anything with "[blank]core" attached to their name. But if they are within the general realm of the type of music I like, I'll try to find some samples before I decide if it's for me or not. I'll even give most flowery power metal and newer glam a listen, just in case there's something that catches my ear.

There was a time (pre-internet) when I probably coulda had a laundry list of bands that I never heard, but nowadays, that window is getting smaller and smaller. If I haven't heard of a band, it's probably by choice.

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Schbopo went down many notches in my book.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I've never heard Warrior Soul

I have one of their cds if you want it.

Sur', whatc'ya want fo' it?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I have never listened to Iced Earth, Warrior Soul, Anvil, Nevermore, Cirith Ungol, Edguy, Mortification, Raven, UDO, Deliverance, Tourniquet, or Grave Digger and have no interest to.

Really? Besides not having heard Warrior Soul myself, the rest of those bands have some excellent music, I would think with your musical knowledge, you'd be interested in some of their material. Unless you're joking about this of course.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Quote :
Rainbow, Mountain

If find this almost unimaginable, if you live in the US. TV and/or Radio commercials for decades have made use of these. Even in movies, at times.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

bal sagth (or Bob Sagget), mortician, and a whole list of black/death bands.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

SLEEP, CAMEL, ... a lot of C and D list bands ....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Rainbow, Mountain

If find this almost unimaginable, if you live in the US. TV and/or Radio commercials for decades have made use of these. Even in movies, at times.

Rainbow's 'Man on Silver Mountain' was used in Coors Light commercials, for Pete's sake. Mountain I could almost see. Other than 'Mississippi Queen', they didn't have too many radio hits to speak of. But how does one not know 'Mississippi Queen'? That opening riff and some of the greatest cowbell this side of 'Don't Fear the Reaper'?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Children Of Bodom
Cannibal Corpse
Dimmu Borgir

Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Rainbow, Mountain

Rainbow's 'Man on Silver Mountain' was used in Coors Light commercials, for Pete's sake. Mountain I could almost see. Other than 'Mississippi Queen', they didn't have too many radio hits to speak of. But how does one not know 'Mississippi Queen'? That opening riff and some of the greatest cowbell this side of 'Don't Fear the Reaper'?

OK, maybe I HAVE heard them without knowing that it was them. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 pm

detuned wrote:
95% of the bands discussed on this site. Laughing very hard

lol,Yeah, me too.

Maybe I'll get into more underground stuff some other time, but right now I'm happy just listening to more "mainstream" metal and wondering who the hell "Atlantean Kodex" are.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Cage
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I thought of one.

Despite MetalRob's best efforts, I don't think I've heard any Altar Bridge. Although I gotta say, that Myles dude sounds really good on Slash's solo album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71 That opening riff and some of the greatest cowbell this side of 'Don't Fear the Reaper'?[/quote]

We can always use more cowbell !

I have never heard the Moshketeers,Evile,Kreator (besides Coma of Souls),Viking,Watchtower and many many more. That's just off the top of my head after seeing some others listed here.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Pain Of Salvation
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm

5 years later, I still haven't heard Cage.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 pm

I can scratch Kreator off this list as I've been able to get a few of their releases. And think they're really good.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Kings X
Sixx AM
Lynch Mob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you've never heard a note from   Bands you've never heard a note from - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you've never heard a note from
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next